Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#311 angelam26

angelam26
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

The $20 pp is for the ceremony, the receptions I believe can only be held privately in the Grand Azul or La Laguna. I have the menu pricing and it ranges from $50 - $60 US per person.

#312 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
    • 365 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

angelam26- I noticed your date is set for next year, and it looks like we will be there at the same time!

We are just waiting for final prices from one other place, then we are ready to book. Do you have your date set at the resort already, and what are your travel dates?

#313 angelam26

angelam26
      • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ChristinaP
        angelam26- I noticed your date is set for next year, and it looks like we will be there at the same time!

We are just waiting for final prices from one other place, then we are ready to book. Do you have your date set at the resort already, and what are your travel dates?
        Yes! After many long hours wanting to pull my hair out! I have a travel agent that if we hadn't already paid our deposit I would have gotten rid of that was contributing to the problem. We are travelling out of Vancouver, CA on April 15 and staying for the 7 days in the Royal Yucatan Suites. Rocio at GP is amazing, takes a while to get back to you, but in the end is very detailed. Let me know if you have any questions about the resort, we were engaged at the resort last April....can't wait to go back!

#314 CassBob09

CassBob09
        • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

Has anyone gotten a list of the type of flowers that can be ordered for the wedding? How limited are we in the selection? I wish I knew what I could pick from before going down there...if anyone has such a thing can you let me know? Thanks! (only a month and a half to go!!!)

Cassidy

#315 Ayla

Ayla
          • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

My fi and I just returned from GP yesterday and we set our wedding date. We sat down with Erica and discussed the basics. By the way, while we were there, 9 days, there were at least 4 weddings that we noticed, so give Erica some time since she is extremely busy! Cassidy, Erica told me that if I find a flower arrangement I like, to send her pictures and she'll do the best she can. Also we were told to arrive at the resort 2 business days before the wedding in order to pick out the arrangements.

Note to anyone having a wedding in the next couple of months, send yourself or Erica citronella candles or prepare to rent a car and head over to wallmart and buy those candles and bug spray. Seriously, the mosquito situation is unbelievable! When we were there in November, there were no mosquitoes at all, now, you couldn't walk out your door without getting bit. Anyone know how it is in January?

Also if anyone has questions, shoot, while its still fresh in my mind.

#316 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
            • 365 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

Grrrrr....

We had everything firmed up with pricing with all three of our departure points in Canada, and the week set, and the credit card ready for our deposits...and the GP does not have ANY dates left in April, let alone any dates available that would fit with the whole 72 hour law. I am devastated. I think I will phone myself (control freak much?) and talk to one of the WD.

I know the contact info. for the coordinators are somewhere on this thread, but would someone mind sending it to me if you have it handy?

Thanks!

#317 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
              • 365 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

Note to anyone having a wedding in the next couple of months, send yourself or Erica citronella candles or prepare to rent a car and head over to wallmart and buy those candles and bug spray. Seriously, the mosquito situation is unbelievable! When we were there in November, there were no mosquitoes at all, now, you couldn't walk out your door without getting bit. Anyone know how it is in January?

Also if anyone has questions, shoot, while its still fresh in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Hey,

Hope you had a good time. As for bugs in Juanuary- I don't think you'll have problems. Generally, the summer is is the worse time for bugs there, so I'm thinking you should be o-kay.

Question- Did you happen to ask about outside photography, and whether they are still allowing them?

Also, I thought I saw somewhere that they now have a Catholic wedding chapel onsite- is this true?

Any other info that you feel would be worthwhile to share would be appreciated!

#318 FutureMrs.D

FutureMrs.D
                • 191 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

ChristinaP: just wondering if you were able to speak to the WC at the Grand Palladium, and if you were able to get a date for April?? I was looking at this resort for our wedding and was planning on a week in April 2010...

#319 Ayla

Ayla
                  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

Christina,

Yes, they allow outside photography. Erica even gave me a couple that have worked often at the resort. I don't remember if you have to pay for them to get on to the resort? I would imagine its included in the price...

Yes! There's a pretty Catholic chapel onsite by the Colonial lobby. They actually have mass there, not just for weddings. I'm gonna try to insert an image of my fi in front of it. (if it there's no picture go to Click the image to open in full size.

If you have any other questions, let me know :)

I have a question for anyone who is having a private reception, is there a minimum # of people required? I know if you have more then 40, you must have a private reception but what if you don't have 40? Can I still do it?

#320 angelam26

angelam26
                    • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ayla
                      Christina,

Yes, they allow outside photography. Erica even gave me a couple that have worked often at the resort. I don't remember if you have to pay for them to get on to the resort? I would imagine its included in the price...

You still need to pay for the photographer to come on site just like any other visitors. It will be $120 US per photographer per day. What my photographer suggested that its actually cheaper to book them a room for one night, so that is what we are doing.

I have a question for anyone who is having a private reception, is there a minimum # of people required? I know if you have more then 40, you must have a private reception but what if you don't have 40? Can I still do it?
                      I don't think there is a minimum number, but the price per plate for dinner may change depending on your number. We have about 30 -35 people planned for dinner, and the menu ranges from $50 - 60 per person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users