2140 replies to this topic

#2081 junomei

junomei
  • Banned
  • 60 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Rivieria Maya

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Hi there future brides to be new to the site: we have very busy and activity site that you need to join!

Where you can get all your questions answer, and much more. Send a request to:

Its just for brides only, allowing for a honest forum of discuss.

Hope to see you there!

#2082 prostar9999

prostar9999
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

I am a potential nov 2014 grand palladium bride.

#2083 KatieRose

KatieRose
    • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi ladies,

We are in the very early stages of planing our wedding and have chosen the GP! It looks amazing! Unfortunately, we are having some problems as in the UK there is only one tour operator that offers this hotel, and they no longer offer GP as a weeding package :-( I have been trying to contact the hotel via email for some time now as we plan to book the wedding directly with them, but we have had no response atall. I was wondering if anyone has the email address of the weddings department/coordinator. Any help would be much appreciated. I've got my heart set on getting married here and I just need the correct contact details to get the ball rolling :-)

Katie

Edited by KatieRose, 30 December 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#2084 IMChicago

IMChicago
      • 5 posts
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
      • LocationChicago

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hello ladies, 

This is my first post , so excited to join you! After looking at a few places my fiance and I really like the Gran Palladium. I'm most interested in having a ceremony in their chapel because the fiance is not Catholic I think we'll just have to do a blessing at the chapel ( I need to look into that!)

I'm just in the starting phase of planning and wanted to get your thoughts on just using the resort assigned wedding planner or also using an independent wedding planner to help coordinate and follow up on things? I know the resorts have a ton of weddings going on and the coordinators is working as much as she can on your wedding but I've heard some bad experiences on the resort trying to nickel and dime any type of customization, lack of communication and not following through on requests or changing venues on you the day of the wedding. 

I'm thinking the extra set of hands to help negotiate contracts (especially if I use outside vendors),help with custom decor  and help guide my potential 100 guest would bring me peace of mind on the big day for any problems that can happen. As I former even planner I know there is always something that comes up.

Would you recommend I use an independent planner in addition to the resort planner ? I want to make this decision before I reach out to the resort or independent planner, any thoughts would be appreciated. Looking forward to reading your experiences , thank you !

#2085 bmira20

bmira20
      • 1 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 22, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Hi there future brides to be new to the site: we have very busy and a that you need to join!

Where you can get all your questions answer, and much more. Send a request to:

Its just for brides only, allowing for a honest forum of discuss.

Hope to see you there!

Getting married there in July 2014

Thanks

Barbara :)

#2086 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 338 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hello ladies, 

Palladium is a great place for a destination wedding, take a look at this real wedding that took place there.
        Enjoy it!  ;)

#2087 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

I just found this resort in a travel brochure and wow! it looks gorgeous! I don't know how many brides and past brides are still around but has anyone had experience with a very small group (about 8)? We're looking at a vow renewal in October 2015 so I'm way ahead of things, but I know the resorts book up so quickly. I want to make certain that we can renew exactly on the date that I want. does anyone have current info on outside vendor fees? can you change up the flowers at all? what happens if you go off the resort for flowers, besides an outside vendor fee or can you meet them at the front and not pay it? I'm going to back track through pages and read, but anyone with current info, it would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#2088 LissaSou

LissaSou
        • 174 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'm getting married here in February 2015! So excited, just got the confirmation from the resort :)

#2089 nkwedding

nkwedding
        • 1 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
        • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

Hello all! This thread has been so helpful with planning. My fiance and I are planning to get married at GP in April of 2015. 
        Has anyone had any experience with a Catholic wedding at the Chapel? We heard it's beautiful but it would be wonderful to hear some first-hand accounts.

Also, what do brides typically do between the ceremony and reception. It looks like we will have the mass at 2pm, and dinner will not be until later. 

And finally, with the plated reception dinner (50 usd/per person) is open bar included? 

Thank you for any help!

#2090 FutureMrsMcL

FutureMrsMcL
        • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Brand new to this site, however I've been reading the threads for quite some time now.
          Planning to get married first week of May 2015
          Have been emailing Nidia and she will confirm whether a tentative date is available. Excited to get started with the planning process. Once date is confirmed, Save the Dates will be sent out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users