Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#191 Noveau

Noveau
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Hi all!

Question: aside from the three photographers mentioned a few pages back (I think on page 13?), do you know of any other good ones? (I didn't like any of them except Claudia.)

I will be down at Grand Palladium in early August because I'm actually a wedding photographer myself, and will be shooting a wedding. But here's the catch- I'm actually a recent bride myself, and would love to do a Trash the Dress with my husband while we are down there. It's a bit hard to do your own pictures, you know? :)

Also, those of you that have been there, if you have any fantastic locations that you know of for weddings, I'd love to hear it! I'll be doing a private session with my couple, plus looking for a location for my session (if we find a photographer!) I don't mind traveling off the resort if needed, but if there is a place on the resort, that's all the better!

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to go down there!!!

#192 Jojo

Jojo
    • 82 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

BrideNov2009,

I'm also not picking about the cake or flowers, I'll pick them out when I get there. I do agree with you that all of the cost is worth it...afterall it's our own weddings. I'm happy to hear the price that your cousin paid from Calgary. It's about the same pricing for us as well.

Your idea of the deep sea fishing for the boys and possibly cenote + coba for the girls sounds great. I will soon have to look into day trips as well.

JO

#193 trinkit

trinkit
      • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am a GP bride in May, 2009.

Two questions:

1) We have organized the cocktail reception, but probably won't have 25 people...this was the first I've heard of the 25 people min. Will they allow us to pay for 25?

2) My finace is divorced and Rocio says all we need is the long form of his birth certificate. I'm a bit nervous that we will somehow miss something and not have the correct paperwork. Can anyone add any insights into this?

Thanks!

#194 JennyPenny

JennyPenny
        • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

Thanks Gen for the email.
          Ladies, when you send emails to Rocio/Erika, is this the email you use? I still haven't heard from them and it's been 2 weeks already. I'm not sure if I've got the right email address.
          rp.riviera@fiestahotelgroup.com
          So I've looked at some more weddings at the GP and it looks like they have quite alot of terraces at the Portofino restaurant. It seems to be a very popular choice.

#195 gemstone

gemstone
          • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

Hi Jenny,
            The e-mail address may have changed but when I was working with Rocio on my potential wedding there, this is them e-mail address I sent to and received responses. May want to give it a try.
            weddings.riviera@fiestahotelgroup.com

Gen

#196 RCBlondie

RCBlondie
            • 199 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hello everyone,

in my search for info on the Grand Palladium I found a good website with photographer contacts and some examples of their work. It also has a great picture of the resort layout which is usefully when deciding where to stay within the resort.

So far we are looking at this resort for our wedding.

Best of luck to all of you in your planning.
              Rachelle & Randal
              June 2010
              http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png

#197 Jojo

Jojo
              • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JennyPenny
                Ladies, when you send emails to Rocio/Erika, is this the email you use? I still haven't heard from them and it's been 2 weeks already. I'm not sure if I've got the right email address.
                rp.riviera@fiestahotelgroup.com
                JennyPenny,

That is the email address that I have been using to communicate with Erika. I too have not heard a reply from her for 2 weeks now...so, maybe they are just busy with actual weddings going on this month. Hope you feel better...cos you're not alone

JO

#198 Jojo

Jojo
                • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by trinkit
                  Hi Everyone!

I am a GP bride in May, 2009.

Two questions:
                  Trinkit,

Regarding your first question, if you don't have 25 ppl, you can pay for the number of ppl that you're lacking. Ask Erika/Rocio to confirm.

I don't have an answer for your second question. Sorry.

JO

#199 JennyPenny

JennyPenny
                  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

Hi JoJo,
                    Just wondering if you've heard from them yet?
                    I am beginning to get very discouraged from booking at the GP when after 2 emails and 3 weeks of waiting and I still have not heard a single thing.
                    I think I'm going to search around and find another resort with a nice gazebo? Do you guys know of any?

#200 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
                    • 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hello everyone,

We just got back last night from our Mexico wedding trip. The wedding at The Grand Palladium was better than I ever could have imagined. Please be patient with Erika/Rocio. They were doing up to 3 weddings a day while we were there and also moving offices (from the Colonial lobby to the White Sands section by the boats), so they were pretty busy. However, with that being said, they gave us all the personal attention that we needed while down there. The weddings e-mail address provided above is the correct one. If you haven't heard back from them, I would suggest trying again, as it's possible that some stuff got lost in the shuffle.

We had a group of 17 including us. We had our ceremony at the Kantenah beach location (just steps from our Mayan suite) and the reception dinner in Portofino (on the private balcony area). It looks like each of the a la carte restaurants has a section that is kind of separate that they set up for groups. After dinner, we went to Grand Azul to dance. We went back to that side of the resort as that's where we were all staying. La Laguna was the same idea on the other side, but we didn't hang out there much. We had a first dance and the father/daughter dance there (not planned at all). They had live music pretty much every night. Some nights there were wedding parties in there, but none had actually rented it out when we were there. It was a free for all. There were a couple of nights where 2 wedding groups would be in there. It was quite fun.

Let me know if anyone has specific questions.

Cheers,
                      Jen
                      Jennifer & David
                      January 22, 2009
                      Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users