Jump to content

Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?


  • Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#1911 Mjones

Mjones
  • Newbie
  • 20 posts

    Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

    MJones, we are flying out of Winnipeg, and we got a group rate of $1598 taxes already included, which I thought was a really good price!  Although, many of my family members and guests still complained about the price.  I had looked around many of the prices ranged around $1600 plus taxes.

    I think that's a great price!! We ended up goin with the colonial for $1850 p/p. The Riviera or White sands were going to cost 2300-2500 p/p!!!! I know march is a busy time of year but the prices still seem quite high. Oh well!

    #1912 junomei

    junomei
    • Banned
    • 60 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Rivieria Maya

    Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

    Hi Bre, Jason and I are giving the groomsmen cuff links as part of their gift: overstock.com has a huge variety that might reflect some of their personalities. Also since Jason and his groomsmen are hunters I believe he was also going to find little hunting knives or something.... I've left up to him so it'll probably be June of 2014 before I know for certain. Just another suggestion, and glad I can help. Liana

    #1913 Carlota1981

    Carlota1981
    • Banned
    • 270 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
    • LocationBeach gazebo

    Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

    Wow!! We are soo happy!! 

     

    We will have an upgrade and at a romantic private dinner at the beach!!! 



    #1914 junomei

    junomei
    • Banned
    • 60 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Rivieria Maya

    Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

    Wow!! We are soo happy!!  
    So glad it was someone we knew! They must have known you deserved it!

    #1915 Carlota1981

    Carlota1981
    • Banned
    • 270 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
    • LocationBeach gazebo

    Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

    Originally Posted by junomei go_quote.gif


    So glad it was someone we knew! They must have known you deserved it!

    Thanks so much!! I saw they were going to make that and at that moment it was connected the Thomas'and I answered everything from his. 

     

    We have had so much luck! There was one person that won before but decided to reject the prize as she is going to Punta Cana and not to Riviera Maya



    #1916 claire0701

    claire0701
    • Jr. Member
    • 187 posts

      Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

      Congratulations Carlota!! I tried to win too but was not so lucky.  I'm please to see you won though :)

       

      Bre, yes I made the bags myself, I drew on outline first with black felt tipped pen then painted with fabric paints before sewing the embelishments on (the glue does not always hold so well).  The hangers were pretty easy although it id take me two attempts.  I would suggest printing out each name first so you have a guideline for the wire.  I also used pliers for the really tight bends,  The most difficult bit was joining the capital initial letter to the rest of the name.  Because I chose a cursive font the other letters already had the joins in place.  I would definitely give it a try though, just buy a fairly flexible wire (I bought florists wire) so it is easy to bend but will still hold the shape.

       

      Like Liana, we have also went for cufflinks as gifts for the groomsmen.  I guess the other alternative is a hipflask which you could have engraved with a message and the date?

       

      Thanks for your reassurances Carlota, I have e-mailed again just now but you are probably right that Vanessa is waiting to hear back from someone else.  I'm sure all will be fine.

       

      I must go to bed now, it's almost 1am - I started making a 'hliday calendar' to give everyone and got totally carried away!



      #1917 Carlota1981

      Carlota1981
      • Banned
      • 270 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
      • LocationBeach gazebo

      Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

      Originally Posted by claire0701 go_quote.gif

      Congratulations Carlota!! I tried to win too but was not so lucky.  I'm please to see you won though :)

       

      Bre, yes I made the bags myself, I drew on outline first with black felt tipped pen then painted with fabric paints before sewing the embelishments on (the glue does not always hold so well).  The hangers were pretty easy although it id take me two attempts.  I would suggest printing out each name first so you have a guideline for the wire.  I also used pliers for the really tight bends,  The most difficult bit was joining the capital initial letter to the rest of the name.  Because I chose a cursive font the other letters already had the joins in place.  I would definitely give it a try though, just buy a fairly flexible wire (I bought florists wire) so it is easy to bend but will still hold the shape.

       

      Like Liana, we have also went for cufflinks as gifts for the groomsmen.  I guess the other alternative is a hipflask which you could have engraved with a message and the date?

       

      Thanks for your reassurances Carlota, I have e-mailed again just now but you are probably right that Vanessa is waiting to hear back from someone else.  I'm sure all will be fine.

       

      I must go to bed now, it's almost 1am - I started making a 'hliday calendar' to give everyone and got totally carried away!

      Thanks Claire!! I think the romantic dinner at the beach is too expensive for us but for free is great. I have sent right now all the details of us by mail. We have asked as well what kind of upgrade it is... But we are happy anyway!! 

       

      About Vanessa, if you see tomorrow you have not an answered (I usually receives her mails during the night here in Spain and I see them next morning) if I were you, I would contact her again, just to assure she has received your email.  

       

      Good night! I am going to bed as well!!



      #1918 alyn

      alyn
      • Newbie
      • 10 posts

        Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

        Originally Posted by Sarah519 

        I wouldn'
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by alyn 

        Hi Everyone,

        After having read all the comments and information and finally getting caught up, I am feeling somewhat sour at my wedding coordinator.  Only because I am set to get married on January 14, 2013, however, I haven't been able to book the restaurant or the ceremony location.  The only thing confirmed is the date and time.  My wedding coordinator at the grand palladium advised me that she will not be looking at planning my wedding until about 2-months before the actual wedding date. Has anyone else had any issues with planning their wedding / wedding coordinator?  Should I be concerned?  What if I don't get the ceremony location that I wanted or the restaurant?  Starting to get stressed here, and that is the last thing I wanted....Any advice?

        Alyn
        [/quote
        I wouldn't stress too much. They book 2 weddings a day so if you have your time booked you will be able to get married whereever you want. I guess for dinner you might want to get that booked in but my coordinator told me the same. Who do you have? Mine is Grace...shes been great with getting back to me in a couple days but sonetimes I wish i had Vanessa as she seems very good at English and at offering suggestions. I find it a bit hard to understand Grace...ive heard they are all great when you are there though. I think since they do 2 weddings most days it must be hard to keep everyones straight and i know when my wedding gets closer I want her answering my questions asap!!! Lol not answering someone whos wedding is 9 months away instead of me haha. Most things seem to be able to be picked during meeting at resort before wedding.

        Does anyone have any info on the actual ceremony? Vows or what they read out? Just curious on what everyone prepares before going?

        Also,for any past brides...how big was your free bouquet?? Just wondering if its worth ordering bridesmaids bouquets from local flower shops instead of using the resorts.

        I have Rocio, but I agree with you, I wish I had Vanessa as well...after having read through the forum, there are many great reviews on Vanessa.  I joined the group on facebook and found the menus, restaurants, listing of prices, florists, readings/ceremony, etc.  So, now we just have to choose what we want and have Rocio book it for us...and I can stress less ;)



        #1919 alyn

        alyn
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

          Originally Posted by brebuisson02 go_quote.gif

          So many posts to catch up on ..

          Liana - Thanks for the website for those silk flowers.. I have checked it out & the prices seem reasonable! I like how you can get stuff customized too .. definitely going to look into that.

          Claire - I LOVE your bridesmaids bags .. did you paint them or how did you do those? I am not near crafty enough to do the same but I think they are so cute and love how they are each personalized! Also did you make the hangers yourself too?? That I might be able to do myself .. was going to order from Etsy but if they were easy to do yourself I might have to try that first. I just keep adding more and more stuff that I want to buy/order and its really starting to be expensive so the more $$ I can save the better! haha

          Love the idea of the bracelets for the bridesmaids/maid of honor .. question for you ladies what about gifts for the groomsmen?? I have LOTS of stuff that we could get for the girls but am having a hard time figuring out what we can get the guys as a little gift.. any ideas?!

          Lauren - love the bridesmaid dresses! Super cute & the color is so nice :) We got our bridesmaid dresses in too .. my sisters is hanging in the closet at my house I will have to upload a picture sometime :) Wishing you a fun weekend in Las Vegas .. I hear the weather there is suuuuuuuper hot right now.. enjoy! you'll be glad for that cabana by the pool and the bottle service haha..

           

          Jenn & Claire .. you girls both leave soon. Wanted to wish you good luck with everything .. hope you have a wonderful trip & an amazing wedding day. Cant wait to hear bout the details when you get back! :)
           

          Alyn.. that is a good price leaving from Winnipeg! Which travel company is that with?? Also I would talk to Rocio about not being able to book anything until 2 months before .. my wedding is still over 6 months away and a few months ago they emailed me with a bunch of details that I had to fill out in regards to what I wanted for the wedding.
           

          I went through Destination Wedding Wish.  They work with Signature Vacations. 

           

          -Alyn



          #1920 Carlota1981

          Carlota1981
          • Banned
          • 270 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
          • LocationBeach gazebo

          Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

          Originally Posted by alyn 

          I have Rocio, but I agree with you, I wish I had Vanessa as well...after having read through the forum, there are many great reviews on Vanessa.  I joined the group on facebook and found the menus, restaurants, listing of prices, florists, readings/ceremony, etc.  So, now we just have to choose what we want and have Rocio book it for us...and I can stress less ;)

          Hi Alyn,

           

          Depending of the wedding guests you are going to have, you will have also the possibility to make the dinner for free at one of 3 restaurants a-la-carte. I think this are the Mexican, the Brazilian and the Italian. In that case, for choosing the menu, you will have to ask Rocio for the dishes. I only have the menu of the Mexican and in Spanish.... as we are making a dinner for all of our guests there the evening before.

           

           

          Un saludo ; ) 






          1 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users