Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#1001 Manda123

Manda123
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

Are any former brides still kicking around here? I am wondering what to do about chair sashes. According to the wedding package info, they are 4 bucks a sash at the resort. Did anyone pay for these? Anyone choose not to use them? I'm wondering if I should look into ordering some online and bringing them down myself...

#1002 JND2012

JND2012
    • 88 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

chrisdior - I made 25 of them and yes, we hand delivered them.  I'll take a photo of the scroll for you and post it as soon as I can :)  We literally just printed out the info on regular paper, 2 per paper (2 columns).  We  cut them in half, put a stamp on them (a seashell stamp we got at Michaels), burned the edges and put the paper flat over the candle to get smoky accents on the paper.  Rolled them up and tied them together!

Manda - still no luck getting through to Rocio?  I'm still waiting too.  I haven't even thought about the chairs! 

#1003 Caroline1110

Caroline1110
      • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hi Manda,

I was told that chair covers with sashes are included. There is no charge for the first eight people at the ceremony, then there is a $20 additional charge per person, but that includes cake, wine for toasting and chair covers (with sashes). I was told the colours they have are blue, white, pink, aqua, cappuccino and purple. Hope that helps.

#1004 Caroline1110

Caroline1110
        • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Is anyone doing menus for the dinner? I was thinking that because are guests' food is chosen for them, I would print up menus for each place setting.

Also, I really like your invites, JND. You're so creative.

#1005 Caroline1110

Caroline1110
          • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

Also Manda, I saw the $4 a sash charge on the website too. I'm not sure why they have that on there. Maybe they have changed their policy since that quote was put on the website.

#1006 skewy01

skewy01
            • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hi- My understanding is that the $4 per sash is if you want them at the reception otherwise it is like Manda stated for the ceremony.  Hope that helps!

#1007 Manda123

Manda123
              • 380 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

I think I'm going to email Rocio to look into this... Thanks for the responses ladies! I will let you know what she says (if she replies).

Caroline your wedding is coming up so soon!! Hows your planning coming along? I'd love to hear about your plans!

#1008 JND2012

JND2012
                • 88 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

I got a response from Rocio yesterday.  We have reservations at La Hacienda (one of the buffets) for a 10:00AM welcome brunch - for 40 guests.  She said that we basically just need to show up on time so the tables don't get released.

No luck yet, Manda?

#1009 Manda123

Manda123
                  • 380 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

No response! Did you choose that restaurant? Did she tell you which restaurant was available or best suited for a big welcome brunch? I don't know anything about the restaurants really!

#1010 JND2012

JND2012
                    • 88 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Manda123 

No response! Did you choose that restaurant? Did she tell you which restaurant was available or best suited for a big welcome brunch? I don't know anything about the restaurants really!

She basically just asked me what time I wanted to have it so that she could recommend the most suitable restaurant.  I said 11, she said that at 11 there would only be Gran Azul available, but that if we did it at 10, we could do it at La Hacienda which is a buffet and is air conditioned.  I opted for the buffet - I don't know if there would have been a charge for Gran Azul and didn't bother asking as air conditioning is important for me :)  haha.  I hope she gets back to you soon.

Our final payments are due tomorrow, I'm eager to see our final guest list.  There's  been SO MUCH DRAMA surrounding the whole thing... we spent the last week fighting with FH's family because his sister has been causing an uproar regarding our wedding since February.  I can't stand the idea that she's coming despite everything...  but such is life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users