Also, for those of you who are interested, Rocio is more than willing to exchange the red carpet walkway for scattering rose petals. I asked about it and she said that she normally puts a few rose petals anyway, but that if I don't want to use the red carpet, she'll scatter a few extra to make it look pretty:). I was happy about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppergoddess13 View Post
Also, for those of you who are interested, Rocio is more than willing to exchange the red carpet walkway for scattering rose petals. I asked about it and she said that she normally puts a few rose petals anyway, but that if I don't want to use the red carpet, she'll scatter a few extra to make it look pretty:). I was happy about that!
Thanks for the tip! I might just do that! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppergoddess13 View Post
Thanks!! That was one of my questions actually. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicobride2009 View Post
Weird question maybe but are they red rose petals? I don't want to be picky here but I was hoping for no red... I guess I could always bring something of my own too...
I am sure they will get whatever color you want. wink.gif

We were considering a Mayan cabana but we decided on a Royal Junior Suite. I think the "Royal" perks are definately worth the price difference (it was only about $150 per person more when we booked), especially for your wedding!! The Royal Suites are a little further away from everything than the others but they have golf carts that will take you wherever you want to go as well as trains that go around the resort. cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicobride2009 View Post
I think the "Royal" perks are definately worth the price difference (it was only about $150 per person more when we booked), especially for your wedding!!
That was the other decision I was trying to make. The Mayan riviera cabanas and royal cabanas are the same ones. They took over the riviera cabanas when they made it the Royal area but you can reserve them as either. Since the rooms are the same I am trying to figure out if we would use any of the perks:
  • Reception with Private Check-in
  • reserve 24 hours in advance for ala cartes
  • El Jardin, a la carte restaurant exclusive for Royal guests
  • Exclusive and personalized treatment
  • Pool with integrated jacuzzi
  • Pool Bar with a selection of International and Premium drinks
  • Private Beach with Waiter Service
  • Exclusive lobby with air conditioning
  • Front Desk service
  • Digital press
  • Free internet
  • Free Room service
  • Royal Golf Cart Service
  • Nightly Turndown Service.

Since you will have guests who can't use the royal only stuff, how are you spending time with your guests and still using these? I am trying to weight if we will actually have time to enjoy these things. wink.gif

BTW what is a digital press? LOL

Quote:
Since you will have guests who can't use the royal only stuff, how are you spending time with your guests and still using these?
Some of our guests are staying in the Royal Suites but we will likely be taking advantages of most of the perks on the second week (our honeymoon). But things like the jacuzzi on the balcony and El Jardin we will be using the entire stay! El Jardin is an a la carte restaurant for Royal guests that is open for breakfast and dinner and it has no dress code (which will be great for FI).

I also think that we will be taking advantage of the golf carts a lot! They will be great for taking us around quickly to meet with our guests for dinners, etc and I'm sure they will be great for taking me around on the wedding day to get my hair done, etc! I heard another bride say this was so handy on her wedding day!

I have no idea what a digital press is!! LOL!

This is a picture my Mom took when they stayed at the Royal Suites 2 years ago. It looks SO beautiful at night!! cheesy.gif

Click the image to open in full size.