All of this totally sucks!! We've been booked with GP for about 8 months now and I totally hear what you're saying about not being 100% happy about changing destinations.

If it was just my FI and I going down, I would have no qualms about this whole pandemic on the verge - but it's all our guests who are panicking and worrying that stresses me out!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well....I didn't think it would actually come to this.....our flight cancellation has been extended into the end of June and our Mexico Wedding is no longer!!

I am so upset...We have been planning this for over a year now, and for what? We are not getting married in Mexico now. We need to come up with a plan B NOW....and I don't have it within me to do so.

I wish all of you ladies the best of luck - the Grand Palladium is amazing, and I hope your weddings are more than memorable!

Cheers

Lee

Ladies- just heard from Rocio and they are waiving the $20/pp ceremony fee for all May/June brides as a gesture as some of the resort is currently closed.

She also confirmed that even though La Laguna/Gran Azul are closed -buffets. They will still be open for your private receptions, so that is great news. 1/2 of the a la cartes are closed, but they will alternate nights, so we should still be able to try them all out. Tikal is where we were going to have our rehearsal dinner, but currently it is closed, so will just swich to another buffet that is open. Bummed they probably won't have the bbq due to low occupancy, cause we were hoping they would have the Wednesday high season one, but oh well..

We also have bachelor/bachelorette party planned for Coco Bongo in Playa del Carmen.. but don't want anyone to get sick before the wedding, so may just have to play that by ear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexico View Post
well....I didn't think it would actually come to this.....our flight cancellation has been extended into the end of June and our Mexico Wedding is no longer!!

I am so upset...We have been planning this for over a year now, and for what? We are not getting married in Mexico now. We need to come up with a plan B NOW....and I don't have it within me to do so.

I wish all of you ladies the best of luck - the Grand Palladium is amazing, and I hope your weddings are more than memorable!

Cheers
Lee
I am really sorry to hear that........ I hope everything works out, keep the faith! It might not be next month, and it might not be in Mexico, but it will still happen. You are still going to marry the love of your life. love.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi :)

Has anyone had any luck with package pricing for 2010. Are there any of you thinking of going through escapes.ca? I am told that they are travel agents there but don't work by commission - just straight with representing the company. They have told me to wait until July to book for better deals and they also discount for group deals, and will beat expedia.ca prices.

If you have any prices from travel agents could you share?

I have gotten pricing for February. Traveling from Montreal we were quoted $1968 CAD per person tax in for 7 days. Waaaaaaaay too expensive for us so it's looking like the Palladium is out.

My TA says these are group rates (and they are better than anything you'll find online) but I can't afford that. February is such high season... but I really do not want to wait until April. Plus we've already sent out save the dates for people and many of our guests have booked the time off work. Oh well... I am hoping they will go down, but we'll need to book by end of summer and she really doesn't think they'll get cheaper.

We have started to get our pricing in for April 2010 for the Palladium and a few others (am hoping for Palladium as we have been there before and it is absolutely AMAZING!). Leaving from Calgary we were quoted $1800 (that's with taxes included). With the tour company that price came from, they are also offering every 16th guest free.

We have also looked at a couple other resorts down there, and this is the best price so far (although we are still waiting on a few more to come back), and some of the other resorts are only offering every 25th guest free.

Would like to hear if anyone else has prices (demetrios bride?) from Western Canada.

I was also just thinking about checking on separate flights with hotel online, but would be hesitant to do that as at least if you book through a TA then you don't have to worry about deposits...I would much rather leave that stress to someone who does it all the time!

The prices both of you {sveta & christina} are lower than what I last received from TA from Vancouver BC and Kamloops BC. Christina, that is an excellent price...are the prices usually a lot different Feb to April?? I have done a lot of research on prices, and when the best time to book is... I have concluded that July is when to start seeing better pricing...and of course the closer to the month you can imagine better deals too :) I had looked last year (we've been engaged for 2 years in Dec) so I was already looking at prices and resorts spring 2008 for 2009 packages for Palladium, and we have concluded that 14 day packages should look to be around $2400 or less and 7days for $1800 or less.

Another advice is to see what the extent of the damage for Mexico travel due to the flu. Media scares a lot of people off of travel there. They have had huge decline, packages in October for 14 days (5months away) are $1989.00 right now! So, I know we can get eager...but waiting in a little discomfort will be benificial.

I should contact my TA again and see what she has come up with now...last time I got prices was "predicted prices".

We booked Feb 18, 2010 :)

Has anyone tossed the idea of getting legally married in Canada first and then saving money doing the renewal of vows, symbolic ceremony (it is exactly the same, minus legal docs and blood work) huh.gif?

Don't know when was the last time you checked with your TA about prices. I got that price about 2 weeks ago...and my TA was REALLY excited at that price as she said it is one of the lowest she has seen for next year. We will wait a bit more to see if they may come down, but she is not hopeful. I am hoping the price from Eastern Canada come down though, as we have guests coming from Newfoundland and Labrador as well (Labrador is a HUGE pain to get in and out of!).

Have you decided yet on doing a legal ceremony there or not? We had talked about it a little bit- I was advised by others to do it here first, but I don't know. I know it is expensive to legalize in Mexico, but I'm not sure if I want any confusion on when our anniversary is!

You said you booked Feb 18 2010: what have you booked?