Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

I am brand new to this forum and am loving all the information I'm reading so far. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1. Is it okay to bring in an outside photographer to the resort? I've asked my wedding coordinator a few times, but she doesn't seem to answer that question in her emails. I have someone picked out, but I don't want to book him until I know the resort allows it.

2. Does anyone know the cost of the day and/or night pass guests have to purchase to attend the wedding if they're not staying at the resort? Do they have to purchase both passes or is there one specific for weddings that they can buy for both day and evening? It seems strange they would need to buy 2 passes.

 

Thank you!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Carlotta,
Will you be at the resort before your guests arrive? If so you could meet them in the lobby when they arrive (if you know around what time they will be getting there at) to hand them their OOT bags in person .. Or like normas09 said possibly ask Vanessa if they could make an exception to hand them out a little bit later. What are you all putting in your OOT bags?? I'm just starting to think about mine & will start putting them together this summer .. I'm excited!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Hi KylieD & Welcome!
To answer your questions .. I am pretty sure outside photographers are allowed; do you mean you want to bring your own from home or you want to book one from mexico?? I am flying out my photographer & they were fine with that because he will be staying at the resort for the week.. but I'm almost positive that other photographers from mexico are allowed too. As for the day/night passes .. I'm not too sure how much they cost but I'm curious as well because I may have a couple  guests staying at a different resort that would need the passes for our wedding day. If you hear of anything let me know.. & I'll do the same!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Brides to Be!!

 

I am just in the beginning stages of planning my wedding as we just got engaged 2 weeks ago (while at the Kantaneh!).  We are planning a wedding there next May (2014), and I do have a question for you all.  I live in the United States, and I was wondering if any of you know of a travel agency that will do the things that I have seen some of you Canadian ladies have found offered; such as set up a wedding website or act as a liaison between you and the resort.  I did a little bit of searching online, but was not able to find something like this offered.

 

I am learning so much from all of you.  Thank you for sharing all of your information!!

 

Congratulations!!

Sommer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Carlota! I was also wondering if you are having a meeting up event that evening? For example we are going to have an informal cocktail gathering at one of the bars (perhaps Churchill/Hemingway) and you could give the info and time to your guests before the trip. Then you could distribute them there. KylieD, Outside vendors are allowed without a fee. You may need to include them in the guest count for dinner though (since generally you need to provide a meal for them). We are bringing in an outside photographer and it is not an issue, but you will need to let your coordinator know so that they can meet them in the lobby on the day of. -Jen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your advices girls!! Yes we will arrive 2days before our guests that are all staying at Palladium. Fi and I have planned to wait for them drinking cocktails at the lobby. 

At the time they arrive they have to go directly to one of the buffets to dinner so, will be they "umconfortable" being with the OOT bag at the "hand" until they go to sleep? 

 

Norma, I had asked that to Vanessa but she told me no exception. 

Bre, inside the OOT bags I am just putting some "funny" things: coloured sun glasses for the pools/sea (so they have not be worried of loosing the expensive ones), "chinese" fans (in Spanish we call this "pay pay" but I have no idea of how to say this in English), mini cards, flower hairpin.. (you can see the photos at the right side of the computer screen where it says "recent images in this thread")

 

 

Welcome to the forum Kylie!!! I I am bringing several vendors at there are no fee for this but things have changed at GP with the new wedding packages and costs. I suggest you to write a mail to your planner in which the only thing you are asking her is about the photographer. Which is your WC by the way?

About the pass or night cost I think it was sth around 40usd for the pass, I remembered it was cheaper one type of pass. Sorry to not be helpful !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by newmrskassner View Post

 

Hello Brides to Be!!

 

I am just in the beginning stages of planning my wedding as we just got engaged 2 weeks ago (while at the Kantaneh!).  We are planning a wedding there next May (2014), and I do have a question for you all.  I live in the United States, and I was wondering if any of you know of a travel agency that will do the things that I have seen some of you Canadian ladies have found offered; such as set up a wedding website or act as a liaison between you and the resort.  I did a little bit of searching online, but was not able to find something like this offered.

 

I am learning so much from all of you.  Thank you for sharing all of your information!!

 

Congratulations!!

Sommer

 

Originally Posted by jencadiz View Post

 

Hi Carlota!

 

I was also wondering if you are having a meeting up event that evening? For example we are going to have an informal cocktail gathering at one of the bars (perhaps Churchill/Hemingway) and you could give the info and time to your guests before the trip. Then you could distribute them there.

 

KylieD,

 

Outside vendors are allowed without a fee. You may need to include them in the guest count for dinner though (since generally you need to provide a meal for them). We are bringing in an outside photographer and it is not an issue, but you will need to let your coordinator know so that they can meet them in the lobby on the day of.

 

-Jen

 

Originally Posted by caseylynndavis View Post

 

Hi Kylie!

You can definitly bring your own photographer...we are bringing one from home.  Vanessa told me there was no outside vendor fee for her just this week.

Casey

 

Originally Posted by Carlota1981 View Post

 

Thanks for your advices girls!! Yes we will arrive 2days before our guests that are all staying at Palladium. Fi and I have planned to wait for them drinking cocktails at the lobby. 

At the time they arrive they have to go directly to one of the buffets to dinner so, will be they "umconfortable" being with the OOT bag at the "hand" until they go to sleep? 

 

Norma, I had asked that to Vanessa but she told me no exception. 

Bre, inside the OOT bags I am just putting some "funny" things: coloured sun glasses for the pools/sea (so they have not be worried of loosing the expensive ones), "chinese" fans (in Spanish we call this "pay pay" but I have no idea of how to say this in English), mini cards, flower hairpin.. (you can see the photos at the right side of the computer screen where it says "recent images in this thread")

 

 

Welcome to the forum Kylie!!! I I am bringing several vendors at there are no fee for this but things have changed at GP with the new wedding packages and costs. I suggest you to write a mail to your planner in which the only thing you are asking her is about the photographer. Which is your WC by the way?

About the pass or night cost I think it was sth around 40usd for the pass, I remembered it was cheaper one type of pass. Sorry to not be helpful !

 

Thank you so much ladies for all your responses and help! I'm super excited about joining this forum and hearing all your great ideas and pieces of advice! Great news about the photographer and even better if there isn't a fee! My wedding coordinator is Grace - she is usually good at answering questions, but takes a long time to reply.

 

That would be wonderful if the pass is only $40 usd! I was thinking it would be a lot more. If anyone else has looked into this and can confirm, please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sommer,


Congratulations and welcome to the forum!! I'm getting married in May 10, 2014. When are you thinking about getting married?

 

My TA is Stacy Evos, from A Girl's Gotta Go. I found her on weddingwire (she has great reviews) and she has been super helpful. Apart from helping with travel arrangements, I know she also can act as a coordinator but I think it's for a fee. Not sure what it is though. I would recommend getting in touch with her to find out more--- her phone number is 617-314-7266, email stacy@agirlsgottago.com. Hope this helps!

 

Happy Planning,
Norma
 

 

 

Originally Posted by newmrskassner View Post

Hello Brides to Be!!

 

I am just in the beginning stages of planning my wedding as we just got engaged 2 weeks ago (while at the Kantaneh!).  We are planning a wedding there next May (2014), and I do have a question for you all.  I live in the United States, and I was wondering if any of you know of a travel agency that will do the things that I have seen some of you Canadian ladies have found offered; such as set up a wedding website or act as a liaison between you and the resort.  I did a little bit of searching online, but was not able to find something like this offered.

 

I am learning so much from all of you.  Thank you for sharing all of your information!!

 

Congratulations!!

Sommer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to all the new ladies in this forum! Carlotta- I agree giving your OOT bags to your guests during your cocktail party or a welcome dinner would be the best in your scenario. Everyone will all be there and you won't have to hunt anyone down. So easier for you! I have a question for Chrestena and any other bride that had gotten married already here or anyone who might have the answer to this: - we are planning our reception timeline and I was wondering how much time in between courses would be a good amount of time to get a speech in as we want to intersperse the speeches with dinner (at least a few of them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normas09 - I have a request (e-mail) in to the wedding department for any day in the last week of May at the 4pm time slot.  I am waiting to hear back from them.  How long does it typically take before I should try to contact them again?  I don't want to drive them crazy already, but I also don't want to lose out on that week!   :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

 

Does anyone have any examples of prices of what bouquets are going to cost?? On the website it says that for a tropical bouquet-something like what Chrestena had, was going to cost $500....that seems completely outrageous to me and I am having such a hard time figuring out what to do.  

 

I chose the mayan pearl package in white-so it comes with a white bouquet, but I was going to give that to my maid of honour and get a tropical one for me since you can't substitute, but for $500 I can't justify it.  Anyone have prices from them for this stuff??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×