Thanks brebuisson! I just got an e-mail yesterday so we have sent in the information to put down our deposit. February 5, 2014! We have our travel booked now to and just sent the travel info out to our guests. We just need to find a photographer now. I am finally feeling like I am top of things. Kathy

Hi ladies, Does anyone know the outside vendor policy for photographers ath the GP? Also, does anyone have a sense of he package prices for the resort photographers? I have tried using the link to their website and I just get a blank screen. thanks, Kathy

Hello brides,

Kathy, I have read some reviews at this website and at Tripadvisor about the photographers at GP and all were negative... I have seen the style of them and I have to confess is not what I look in a professional photographer. Do not misunderstand me, I do not want to critize their job but I understand a lot about photography and this is why I decided to look in another part. 

Mine is Freddy Ku from Claudia Photo Studio. She is very famous at this website as you could see in photographer reviews, and I think is completely true. All the photographer working in her studio as well as herself are great. 

For my wedding I do not look for someone to just press the botton of a camera, I look for moments, story, emotions, etc reflected in the photos. 

This was for me the thing in which I spent lots of hours searching for a good one, sending emails, comparing their styles, costs, etc... so in my opinion depends only on how important is for you this part of the wedding.

About the fee, I advise you to ask directly to your wedding coordinator. I have booked last year so we do not have to pay any particular fee for outside vendors. Only the day or night pass if they stay more that 4 hours (at least for what Vanessa told me some months ago).

Lauren, I completely forgot to ask you a doubt that I have from some posts of you ago. You said that you were in a GP wedding and the service at the dinner was really slow. Could you explain me more? Do you mean the waiters were slow? or that the kitchen took a lot of time between each plate?

Now I have to say bye, Thomas and I are going for trying on some suits for the wedding. 

¡Un saludo! 

You are welcome Kathy!! I think this is a great website and forum to help us each others with things like this. 

For telling you all a personal story:

Last November I was in a wedding where the couple did not give many importance to the photographer. I remembered few months before the wedding I talked to the groom to the importance to have a good professional that day. 

One month after the wedding he came to me blame himself of not payed me attention before.... He showed me his photos and were a disaster!! He was soooo sad... I tried to cheer him up but that photos are the one that he has to look at as a remeber of his wedding...

Originally Posted by Carlota1981 View Post

Lauren, I completely forgot to ask you a doubt that I have from some posts of you ago. You said that you were in a GP wedding and the service at the dinner was really slow. Could you explain me more? Do you mean the waiters were slow? or that the kitchen took a lot of time between each plate?

Hi Carlota!

I don't want to make you have doubts - this wedding was 6 years ago.  Mostly everything was absolutely perfect.  But yes, there were almost 40 of us and we had dinner at Portofino and it took almost 3 hours for the dinner to be completed.  It was a VERY long time between plates.  I don't want anyone to feel rushed at our wedding to finish their meals, but I definitely don't want to be sitting there for 3 hours of our 4 hour reception either.  I want to have time for dancing! 

We also will have more than 40 people - we have 45 booked right now and I think we will end up with about 55 in total, so I know it may take a long time to serve everyone the meals.  The service was very friendly though, just really, really slow.   If there are any former brides who still read these messages, can you tell us how long did your dinner take from start to finish?  It would be so appreciated! 

Thanks!

Lauren

Great info again ladies and Carlota I totally agree about the photographer, it was the one thing we wanted to spend more of our budget on over flowers etc because, for us, it's our lasting memory of the day. That being said however, it is totally up to each individual ... some people may feel the photographer is not as important. The important thing is to think what you don't want to have any regrets about and then try your best to make sure you don't. Hopefully the service will have improved an wont take as log now. We have a smaller party of 30-40 although I'd definitely prefer not to wait so long between courses. Kathy, we also booked over a year ago and out last correspondence said we only need to pay like $40 which will cover our photographers dinner while he is there. I agree with Carlota, email the weddig coordinators directly for a specific answer and that way you will also have a record of the information they give you to take on the day. I'm definitely going to print out all my emails to take along in case there is any misunderstanding when we arrive, especially since everything seems to be changing now. Claire x

What time are all you ladies having your ceremony? I swear I read that there were 3:30 and 4 pm ceremonies but my TA got an email from resort saying that 2 pm is usually the latest they do weddings. I had requested 4pm as I didn't want a lot of time after ceremony until dinner. We r getting married march 2014.

Thanks or the info and stories on the photographer. I have e-mailed the wc to see whether or not he policy has changed. HeatherLynn - they are ceremonies after 2:00. I just had my symbolic ceremony confirmed for 4:00 in February 2014. I wonder if it is just the day you were looking for or the type of wedding. I would definitely get your TA to ask.