Hi ladies, I'm getting married at the GP in May 2009. We have actually vacationed at the resort twice already and that is why we chose it for our wedding. I have been in contact with Rocio, and am getting a little frustrated with the super slow response.s I know she's busy and everything will work out. eek.gif

Another May bride! I know it can be a little frustrating getting responses from Rocio, but I think things work out in the end. I was wondering if anyone has actually called Rocio about anything? I'm wanting a couple questions answered, and I don't even know if calling her is a valid option.

Has anyone heard if you are allowed to play your own music (from a cd) if you are having dinner in one of the a la cartes as your reception (in a sectioned off area)? I'm assuming not, but Rocio hasn't answered me, so I just wondered if anyone else had heard. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppergoddess13 View Post
Has anyone heard if you are allowed to play your own music (from a cd) if you are having dinner in one of the a la cartes as your reception (in a sectioned off area)? I'm assuming not, but Rocio hasn't answered me, so I just wondered if anyone else had heard. Thanks!
From what I read a lot of the a la cartes have live music. Which one are you looking at for your reception?

We picked Portofino- wanting the beauty of the terrace area! Plus, I've heard that Portofino is one of the tastier of the a la cartes! If there is live music, that would be great as well:) I'm just trying to find out if I need to start working on a playlist:).

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppergoddess13 View Post
We picked Portofino- wanting the beauty of the terrace area! Plus, I've heard that Portofino is one of the tastier of the a la cartes! If there is live music, that would be great as well:) I'm just trying to find out if I need to start working on a playlist:).
I tried to search and find out but I couldn't find anything. So I cheated and posted it out on GP Addict forum. smile78.gif

Welcome to the Palladium Addict Forum • View topic - Portofino - Live Music?

Thanks for the link. For some reason I don't ever really think of asking such questions over on the PA site, but they are a great resource for info like that. Depending on how our budget goes, we may hire a mariachi trio to join us on the terrace- how much fun would that be?!

I took these prices from the "wedding extras" price list from the PA site:

Mariachi Band 8 men - 775 usd (45 min.)

Trio Band - 300 usd (45 min.)

Live Band - 3 musicians (1 hour) - 625 usd

Live Band - 5 musicians (1 hour) - 975 usd

Pretty expensive I thought!

smile43.gif