DSC_0142.jpgDSC_0213.jpgDSC_0221.jpg

I thought I had more pictures on this computer. I will try to upolad some more. This at least gives you an idea of what the beach gazebo looks like. In the second picture, the flower arrangement on the table was included in the package. My bouquet and BM bouquets were made by the resort and I absolutely loved them. All the pink ribbon on the pillars in the gazebo was provided by them, including the chair covers in the third picture. Also, I did not want the red carpet that they offered, so I asked for rose petals instead. They included them for no extra charge, and in my opinion, looked a 100 times better than a red carpet. In the third picture, the flowers on the pillars were also included in the package. We didn't pay any extra for flowers and I don't regret that. I think what was included in the package was enough. For dinner, they brought the rose petals and all the flower arrangements and put them on the table for us. I also asked for 5 vases and I put all the BM flowers and my bouquet in the vases and used them as centre pieces.

Beautiful pics Caroline, you looked gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Caroline1110 View Post

DSC_0142.jpgDSC_0213.jpgDSC_0221.jpg

I thought I had more pictures on this computer. I will try to upolad some more. This at least gives you an idea of what the beach gazebo looks like. In the second picture, the flower arrangement on the table was included in the package. My bouquet and BM bouquets were made by the resort and I absolutely loved them. All the pink ribbon on the pillars in the gazebo was provided by them, including the chair covers in the third picture. Also, I did not want the red carpet that they offered, so I asked for rose petals instead. They included them for no extra charge, and in my opinion, looked a 100 times better than a red carpet. In the third picture, the flowers on the pillars were also included in the package. We didn't pay any extra for flowers and I don't regret that. I think what was included in the package was enough. For dinner, they brought the rose petals and all the flower arrangements and put them on the table for us. I also asked for 5 vases and I put all the BM flowers and my bouquet in the vases and used them as centre pieces.

Thanks for the compliment on our pictures.

We used an iPod; however, the cord they use to connect to the speakers is an auxiliary cord, not an iPod dock, so any mp3 player would work. We also had music before and after the ceremony. We created separate folders outlining "before" or "after" wedding music then my groom/husband explained it to the music guy when he arrived at the wedding location before the ceremony. They will also play a song while you are signing documents so it's a good idea to have a song picked out for that too. 

Hey ladies,

Few Q's:

Seating charts - doing them?  How did you go about it?  Head table?

How do you organize the playlist?  Did you have/plan to have specific songs for first dance, etc?  If yes, how did you ensure that they came on at right time?

Ladies/Men's night - did you have one?  what did you do?

Children - do any of you know if the resort has cribs...  if we need to have a carseat?

Travel - how did your group get to/from resort?  How long does it take?  How did your dress do as a carry on? 

Packing - how much did you pack?  How many bathing suits, etc?  What did you pack that you found essential?

Ceremony - did you/do you plan on having a sand ceremony or anything that you needed to plan or take with you before going?

Manda, you must be getting SO excited!!!  I'm getting stressed now that we're so close...  I can't wait to hear about yours!

Any other general info that might help me feel at ease? 

Hey!

I'm stressing about the seating charts. I'm so frustrated with the lack of communication. I still haven't heard confirmation back from Rocio about the number of people sitting at each table, so I've done a mock up of 8-10 at each table with a head table. I'm going to be bringing my laptop with me so if I need to make changes, I will. Don't know how I'll print it out... Maybe go into the lobby and email?

Playlist - my little sister is in charge of the ceremony music. I gave her a list of 3 songs for the ceremony (plus some extras - just in case)

A good friend of ours has been putting together the music for the reception. We gave him the list of our first song, dance with my dad, FI's with FMIL.

LadiesMens night - we are doing a big group excursion to Coco Bongo in Cancun.

Carseats - not sure! No young children are coming with us.

Transfers - Air Transat is providing the transportation. Usually the big carriers do. Do you have a TA? That's something he/she should know.

Packing - this has been by far the most challenging part! LOL. We are doing OOT bags for 68 people so we are bringing down a TON of stuff. Air Transat allows a wedding dress to be carried on for free. I'm sure your carrier does too. I have been able to fit all of my stuff into one giant suitcase, and my FI has as well. He is carrying on his suit. I have borrowed 8 carry ons for extras - all favours (maracas) and OOT bag stuff. You should be able to check out your weight limits, etc, online.

Ceremony - we aren't doing a sand ceremony (i don't think...). You will need to bring your passport and a copy of your long form birth certificate, which needs to be ordered from the government.

We leave on Saturday at 3 am. Freaking out! I'll be able to tell you all about it when we get back, JND :)

Originally Posted by JND2012 View Post

Hey ladies,

Few Q's:

Seating charts - doing them?  How did you go about it?  Head table?

How do you organize the playlist?  Did you have/plan to have specific songs for first dance, etc?  If yes, how did you ensure that they came on at right time?

Ladies/Men's night - did you have one?  what did you do?

Children - do any of you know if the resort has cribs...  if we need to have a carseat?

Travel - how did your group get to/from resort?  How long does it take?  How did your dress do as a carry on? 

Packing - how much did you pack?  How many bathing suits, etc?  What did you pack that you found essential?

Ceremony - did you/do you plan on having a sand ceremony or anything that you needed to plan or take with you before going?

Manda, you must be getting SO excited!!!  I'm getting stressed now that we're so close...  I can't wait to hear about yours!

Any other general info that might help me feel at ease?