Hello,

The set-up in both Grand Azul and La Laguna looks like they are using the existing tables and chairs that "live" in those areas. You can ask, but it looks like it may be difficult to change out they types of tables. That being said, there are a few larger rounds, maybe 4 or 5 if I remember correctly, and the rest are squares. You could request that they keep all the rounds they have and see how many that seats.

Good luck,

Jen

Hello,

My fiance and I are doing the private reception as well. All the information that has recently been posted about the private reception is exactly what I have been told by either Erika or Rioco.

We are having our reception from 7 PM till 11 PM at the La Laguna. I have a great picture that Rioco sent me of the La Laguna decorated that I can send as well. For some reason I can not attach on here.

I did confirm that what ever price for the menu option (range from $50.00 US to $65.00 US) that we pick for the private reception it does include alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. I figured it did but I wanted to confirm to be on the safe side as it all adds up pretty quickly the cost.

Regarding the dinner menu option list - you can only pick one option. We thought maybe you could pick two if they were the same price but that is not the case. They will also work with you if you have guests that are vegetarian or allergies so no worries there. If anyone needs the dinner menu, I can email it to you if you do not already have.

We are having a DJ and Photographer. I have confirmed with Erika and Rioco that they do not charge for them to come in and work. How ever they do charge per person if they are going to be consuming. For those of you that are having the private reception you pay for them whatever dinner option you went with and those not having the private reception you pay $60.00 US each if they are going to be consuming (drinks/food) while working on the resort.

We are having a civil wedding and have been told it is usually about 20 to 25 min.

Also, I was asking about ways of payment and what they accept and they brought to my attention that we must have $60.00 US cash for the officiant out of the 1850.00 (civil crystal wedding package). So that was good to know.

They take travelors cheques, mastercard, visa and cash. That was good to know too so you are not having to carry all this cash with you.

We received an e-mail from Rocio or Erika (I forget which one) a few weeks before we left confirming the wedding costs (or an estimate of what they would be based on what we had chosen so far), so we could be prepared with how to pay, etc. We had to pay cash for the officiant and the blood test. You need to bring the cash for the officiant to your planning meeting with the wedding coordinator. The blood test fees are paid directly to the doctor. The rest they charged to our room, so we just paid when we checked out.

Our photographer didn't stay for dinner, so we didn't have to pay anything for them to come into the resort. The resort security people can get confused about this. They resort issues day passes for people before 6pm and after 6pm. They tried to tell our photographer that they had to leave at 6pm, even though it was arranged that they would be on site until 7pm or 8pm. Make sure to tell either Erika or Rocio at your planning meeting what your plan is regarding the time frame for the photographer. They can then record it on their event plan for you. We had to have Erika talk to security to clear this when the photographer arrived.

Hello Grand Palladium brides!!

I am considering the GP Kantenah for our May 2010 wedding, just started looking into it and it looks beautiful! I have some questions though if you don't mind - the gazebo's look beautiful, and I am wondering if you can have the ceremony if at one of them if you are staying at the Kantenah, are they on the Kantenah property or on the White Sands property? I thought I read somewhere that you can have the ceremony on the beach if you stay at Kantenah, or in the gazebo's if you stay at White Sands.

Also, can you have the reception at Grand Azul or La Laguna like the pictures above if you stay at the Kantenah? Sorry if these questions have already been answered before, and thanks for any help!

Thanks everyone,

Happy Planning!!

Cara

It doesn't matter what side of the resort you stay on, everyone can use everything from all sides, accept if you stay in the Adults only Royal section, they have things specialized only to them. The garden gazebo does not have an oceanview, and is located on the Kantenah side, the oceanfront gazebo is located right next to the 24 hour snack shak. You could use LA Laguna or Azul no matter what side you stay on. Keep in mind if you do use one of them there is an extra per plate charge, starting at 50$ per person. So for most people it ends up costing a couple thousand extra depending on how many people you have.

Hi everyone! Cassidy and I have booked our trip and confirmed with Rocio our date...Sept 7th (please no hurricanes, please no hurricanes) and going for a ceremony in the gazebo on the beach (hopefully not too many snack shak guests will be loitering...i'll rope them off if i have to). I think we've got most items lined up...not sure though, Rocio hasn't really asked any questions but, I guess we're still kinda far out.

Does anyone have some examples of photographer portfolios that work out of the area down there? I'm debating whether or not to fly one out there or hire one down there...my concern is professionalism and quality. Especially for video because I haven't heard much about any wedding videos being taken there...any suggestions?

Congratulations on booking a date!

I booked my photographer and videographer as a package deal from a reference I found from the Palladium Addicts website which has a list of photographers they recommend.

They are called Playa Weddings and their website is Playa Weddings - Video and Photography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya.

Paul and Rachel are a husband and wife team and live in both the US (where they are from) and in Playa Del Carmen. Having actual US citizens may make you more comfortable as you are from the same country. :o) You can read about some of their references on their website as well as check out samples of their work, both photos and wedding videos, to see if you like their style.

They were one of the few that offered both photography and videography together, so I thought it was a bonus.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks again for all the GREAT information!! This site has been so helpful in making our decision. We still can't solidfy our June 2010 yet, but we are definitely going to as soon as we can!!

We are planning on having a private reception which I understand cost about $50-$60 more per person. I was wondering if anyone knew if that cost was combined with the $20 extra per person for the ceremony. Just wanted to find out if it will be costing us $50-$60/person or $70-$80. If someone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks so much,

Leah