Hello ladies,

Today is a sad day, in my state (Galicia) had been yesterday a serious train accident. In fact, I have seen on the TV news that almost all the mass media at other other countries are talking about this accident. Maybe you have seen the videos or read the news. I was really worried yesterday when I discovered this as my little sister were going to Santiago (the city where the train crashed) but fortunately she was in other part of the state. There were more people than ever traveling at that train because today is bank holiday in my state and most of people arrived each year the day before for the fireworks, activities, etc. It is the most important day for our state. 

Well, changing the topic..... Thanks so much again for your nice words. It is very comforting to read your posts cheering me up with this things about Thomas'family and friends. Thomas has been sad last week remembering that our day for leaving Spain is nearer than ever and this brought to his mind the fact that his parents decided to do not come to our wedding. Fortunately, he talks about this everytime he needs and I am very supportive (of course). Sometimes this kind of things are easier if you talk about them again and again and again. 

Lauren, the thing that your braidsmaid told you about do not expect anything/money at your AHR it is quite rude, to be honest. It sounds like is exactly SHE the one is not going to give you anything... it sounds like that... you will tell us after your reception in Canada.

I think we both think very similar about the presents, haha. Thomas was saying yesterday that he prefered to do not have a present than having that, LOL

I was talking about this kind of behaviour of other people with the weddings with a friend of mine that got married last year. He is coming to my wedding too in spite of he was at GP only 9 months ago but he is counting the days to return! He loves the resort! 

He was very supportive with me too and told me his experiences and there were more or less similar. The people you expect the most, sometimes are the ones that surprised you the most. He was quite sad too with some people comments that he received before and after his wedding. I remembered even his elder brother saying to everyone just after the ceremony and before the reception that the food at that restaurant was disgusting... I was really shocked about this... That your own brother is saying this to other people at his brother's wedding.... 

I know so many experiences nowadays that I have just decided to do not take it personally, and just let it go.... Just because there is no a solution for that...

And now, tell me one thing girls!! Is it made of honour or maid of honour? OMG! I think I ordered bad!! cannot believe it! Because Lauren you have wrotten Maid in your last post...

I took a look in internet before ordering them to the store but I found both things (like boths were correct) so I decided to order the t-shirt with "made" and I also found that depending on the countries you can said "honour" or "honor" (with or without the "u").  By the way, the colour of the words is fucsia (it seems red at the pics). 

Lauren, I cannot be more agree with Casey. Do not spend many money at the OOT bags. I have just decided to do them as a nice touch but I just added funny things and nothing important. I know my guests and I know they are going to bring their own meds, sun creams, etc so do not worry if the number is still increasing.

For other hand, about the deadline to give to Vanessa, I think she told is one week before the wedding, but now I am having doubts if she told me 2weeks. I alredy told to her one month before the big day my number of guests. 

Tengotulove, the Vanessa email that I have is this:

rp.riviera@fiestahotelgroup.com

Tell us what you finally will do about your wedding!!

Well girls, I am going for a walk with Scooby!!

¡Besos a todas!

Carlota- so sorry to hear about the accident in Galicia. I have been there before and found the area beutiful and the people to be very nice. I also would not worry about the made vs maid. This is called a homonym and actually can end up being a play on words. So your Maid of Honor could be Made of Honor. ( o sea hecho de honor en vez de Dama de Honor). Don't sweat the small stuff ;). You have enough things to be stressing over. Hang in there sweetie. Jen

Does anyone have anything that the coordinators have sent you about the flowers? Did you wait until you got down there to pick what you wanted or do you let them know ahead of time? I got the original upgrade package that comes with an extra flower arrangement but not sure what to expect. Have any had luck with swapping out red carpet for petals?

My wedding isn't for 5 months but I'm having a hard time envisioning everything..and trying to make the most of the decor and fake flowers I buy so that I can use it for the AHR too. This budget is getting more and more stretched lol

Does anyone know where to buy cheap marracas online? I know they are probably cheaper when I get there but dont think I will have time to go to town before hand.

Also, just wondering about the booking 25 rooms special someone mentioned....I have over 25 rooms booked and was wondering if anyone knew of a contact I could email to see if I can be eligible for any discounts on the wedding package.

Thanks ladies!

Hi Ladies!  Totally agree with Jen - it makes no difference at all if it's Made or Maid.  I spell a ton of things differently because I'm Canadian haha.  Like you also said it could be Honor or Honour.  It is correct either way - your shirts are so awesome!  You're too cute you even researched first so you knew it was good with both spellings.  :)

I too am very sorry to hear of the train accident.  That is very sad - I will watch the news tonight and I am sure they will mention what has happened.  We are thinking of everyone in Spain today. 

Thanks Casey for your boost of confidence about the OOT bags.  I already have lots of little items to put in so I'm sure it won't be missed if some people don't have Tylenol.  I made a deal with myself, if I can find them at Dollarama I'll buy a few more, if I can't, well then I'll just leave them out haha.  No one will know the difference anyway. 

Carlota how is your packing going?  How many suitcases are you bringing with you to Grand Palladium?  I am dreading trying to fit everything in haha!  Tyrel says that he hopes we do get to meet at GP because I talk about you girls so much.  I was telling him of our similarities with our 'friends' and he says who needs them anyway, because we have all been so supportive to each other here!  He's right!  Such a smart man I'm marrying lol.  :)

Sarah I had no problem at all asking to switch from a red carpet to flower petals.  Vanessa sends a whole bunch of examples of flowers for bouquets, boutonnieres, etc. and you can give her an idea of what you want, but I don't think you really have to pick for certain until you get there.  Also for centrepieces, I sent her pictures of a few different ideas that I envisioned and she sent me back what the price would be after she checked on it.  One was $40us and one was $200!!  Obviously I went for the cheaper one haha.  But a lot of the girls on here had some really great luck with outside vendors for flowers.  You might want to check with them for even cheaper flowers and more selections, especially since Grand Palladium doesn't charge an outside vendor fee.  I totally hear you on the stretching budget lol!! 

As for the maracas, I believe it was Crestena our former bride who had found a really good deal online and she was happy with the ones she got.  If you read back she did post where she got them.... it might take some searching haha.  You could also google buy cheap maracas.  Good luck!! 

Well ladies, my the tire on my car has low pressure again so I'm heading out to go fill it up.  I have been putting it off for months that I need new tires until after the wedding when we have more money again. Someone in Calgary won 10 million in the lottery today!  I sure wish that had been me haha!!  I'll talk to you all tomorrow.  :)

Thanks so much Jen, In fact I live near from Santiago de Compostela, where the train accident happened, my city is La Coruña and is 70km away. It is a terrible accident as the number of deaths are increasing each hour.

Thanks about the thing of made/maid of honour... now this t-shirt sounds like the movie "Made of Honour" by Patrick Dempsey... hahaha 

Today has been a hard day, I have started to pack and it toke me more time than I thought. Packing with special paper all the starfishes  and the bottles for the menus has taken me a while. I wanted to be sure to pack really well these and will do not damage at all. We are going to put all this things into a Samsonite luggage, so we can be sure that with all this steps, all won't arrive broken. 

I have also started to make my own luggage and it is almost finished. Although we are leaving La Coruña to arrive to Madrid on Sunday, we are seeing my parents tomorrow so I want to be sure that our luggages does not weigh too much. Although I alredy have several things to give them! hahaha

I have also started on Monday to send emails to all my vendors suming up all the conditions, times, payments, places, etc to have things clear. There are a lot of things to check with each vendor  about what we have talked time ago. I am happy to do this because in fact, one of my vendors did not remember that I had payed the whole balance for his assistant (but problem was solved quickly as I have all my payments made thourgh Paypal printed and keeped them at my "wedding notebook". 

And I have to finish also with the music for the reception. We wanted to have some instrumental music and quite as well while we are having dinner so I had the idea of downloaded soundtracks of movies. There are lots of beautiful songs. I am adding soundtracks like Dragonheart, Chocolat, The Cider House Rules, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Pride and Prejudice, etc... I know nobody is going to listen them because they are going to be talking but I like the idea to have soft and lovely music at the same time.

Well girls, I am going to sleep, so many things alredy to do tomorrow! hehehe

¡Besos a todas!

Hey ladies

I am at work now sneaking in a quick post because I have been sick for the past three days since I got home.  I apologize for not being able to put up my review yet, and I know Carlota is leaving this weekend!  So I will give you the best advice I can for your wedding-ENJOY IT!! :)  It really will be magical, and it is beautiful there.  I have seen all of the sites and they are all beautiful.  Also, stay positive about the guest's that have decided not to come.  I had a lot of back and fourth with some of my guests and most were important family members and best friends.  The thing to remember is that it is you and your future husband that will look back on this day and know that you did it your way and made yourselves happy.  Friends and family that can't make it will be able to celebrate with you in a different way and most importantly they will be happy for you and thats all that matters!  Take if from a bride that did this two weeks ago at the very same place-you will not regret this.  It is a once in a lifetime experience and you will be happy you chose Grand Palladium-we absolutely are!!

I am not sure if I will be able to post the pictures on this website-due to copyright from my photographer-I would have to check, but I will post them on facebook so everyone should join carlota's facebook page.  I hope to have them posted by next week since this weekend is johnnys birthday and I am working right up until that day :( so sorry I couldn't get them up sooner!

Mickeycelle- I also hired Agustin from Cinematic! I will check out your video at home tonight!!

Also any notes on the Royal Suites-we stayed there and it was AMAZING!!!! the best room I saw out of any of our guests' rooms.  I will post a video of our room on Carlottas page too next week sometime if I can. We stayed in Room 7030 and I believe it is the biggest room you can get on the resort!! Don't know if we got lucky or if sending off that email to the reservations manager paid off or what! Either way we were so happy with it!

Ok gtg back to work ;)

Carlota, it looks like we keep posting at the same time haha, I keep missing things and have to scroll back up. I did watch the news and see some information on the accident. It sounds awful. :( I hope you are getting lots done today. I can't even imagine how busy you are but I hope you're starting to feel put together and organized. :) And exciting for you that you get to see your parents today! Also I wanted to say that if Made of Honor makes you think of Patrick Dempsey that is a good thing - he's so hot! Jen I am SO happy to read such great things about your trip. I can't believe you too had that great room - it sounds just incredible! Lucky lady!! I am anxiously waiting to see your pictures on the facebook page when you get a chance. :) Enjoy married life for a bit first. Enjoy Johnny's birthday this weekend!!

Quick question for anyone who has been in contact with the spa - do you know if they use a primer or something to help your makeup stay on better in the heat with how oily our skin can get there?  Especially for eyelids?  I am going to send a quick email but maybe someone here can answer quicker.  Thanks!  xo Lauren

Hi Tengotulove,

I am not sure where you currently live, but I'm in Canada and what we did is book our wedding package through a travel agent group rate. It grouped the flight, transportation to GP, and the resort all together at a discounted group rate. In addition, when you book a group rate like this you usually get a deal where every X amount of people that book with your group, you get one rate (before taxes) free. Therefore we are getting at least one of our rates, if not both, for free just paying the multitude of airport taxes, etc. every little bit does help.

As for the 2014 packages they look absolutely beautiful, we are going with the Mayan Pearl 2014 package (we did notice that they have gone up a couple hundred dollars from the 2013 prices).

And we haven't checked for sure, but maybe there is another option than the $20/person over 8 people at the ceremony? it's worth asking...

We're very happy with our GP choice and it will be a stretch of our budget, as we are probably hitting over 40 (you must do a private reception if over 40 as none of their restaurants are large enough to accommodate a semi-private reception over 40), and we are thinking of the private beach bash. 

But definitely do some more research as you may be able to work something out for your budget :)

Unfortunately I think Rocio is very busy and she did take some time to respond to us with our emails. Now we are working with Grace and she has been very helpful too

Hope this information is a bit helpful, I felt very lost when we started researching resorts, so glad our travel agent provided us with this option since we didn't even look at it ourselves!