Hi Carlota,

I have the information still and I will send it right away for the Renewal of Vows.  Not much is included but it is cheaper than the rest - I think $1550.  I hope that you do not need to use it and that everything works out with the paperwork.  I bet your Maid of Honour bringing the eggs will work or the burying of the knives, haha you're right it is so funny!

Tyrel and I will be going back to Vegas on the 19th-21st of July, just for the weekend and we plan to sign our papers there and have our 'legal' wedding, just the two of us in a small ceremony like he always joked that he wanted to - in the backseat of a limo!  We won't have any witnesses, one will be provided for us.  We have already filled out the paperwork online (Vegas makes it very easy to get married, haha!) and when we fly back to Alberta we just have to bring the paperwork to our registry to have it recognized here.  It is very cheap in Vegas, only $60.  We will always consider our real ceremony and real wedding and anniversary to be August 19th in Mexico. 

I am sorry poor Scooby is sick now!  What a shock that the friends who were supposed to watch him cannot anymore.  I am very glad you've found someone!  I am a crazy cat lady haha, and I have 2 kitties Maggie and Zain who I can't bear to leave behind.  I usually have a friend watch them but it seems that so many people are coming to the wedding, haha.  I researched cat sitters in Calgary and I am very happy to have found two wonderful girls who will come over every day to play and feed them.  They even asked what toys they like, and they are coming over on July 22 to have a meet and greet as well.  It was kind of pricey, like $30/day, but they will also vacuum and sweep, change the litter box every day and take out our garbage and bring in our mail.  I feel really secure knowing that they will be taken care of.  :)  Here is a picture of them!  Maggie is the grey girl and Zain is the white boy. 

I have become so addicted to that collage maker app on my phone, here is one of Tyrel and I.  :) 

Speaking of apps for phones, has anyone heard of WeddingParty?  I just downloaded it and it is pretty neat.  You can send invitations to your friends via text or email and they can download the app to upload pictures that they take at your wedding so they're all in one place.  I haven't plaed around with it too much but it is cool so far.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Ok now I will go send you the information Carlota! 

Lauren

Carlota I have deleted the email but I did find this on the Palladium Addict website:

Renewals

Silver Love Package

Bridal bouquet & Groomâ€s boutonniere
Ceremony performed in Spanish with English interpreter
Flower arrangement for the wedding table
Honeymoonerâ€s special weekly dinner
Non denominational minister
Red carpeted walkaway
Sparkling wine toast at the wedding site
Turn down service / Special décor in room
Wedding area decorations
Wedding cake

Golden Love Package

Bridal bouquet & Groomâ€s boutonniere
Brideâ€s&Groomâ€s wedding clothes steamed (with 2 days notice)
Ceremony performed in Spanish with English interpreter
Continental Breakfast, served in bed next morning after wedding
Extra flower decoration at wedding site
Flower arrangement for the wedding table
Fruit Basket and champagne for the wedding couple
Honeymoonerâ€s special weekly dinner
Late check-out for bride & groom on request and subject to availability
Non denominational minister
Red carpeted walkaway
Sparkling wine toast at the wedding site
Strawberries covered with chocolate
Turn down service / Special décor in room
Wedding area decorations
Wedding cake
Wedding Gift

We chose the Golden Love package and I believe it was $1550.  We have of course gone about $15000 over budget haha.  Again, I hope you don't need it!

Thank you all for the comments on our pictures. Carlota, yes we will have the same photographer for our wedding :) .. he
has never done a destination wedding before .. we met him a couple years ago when we were both in the bridal party for our friends
and we both agreed he was a great photographer. When he found out we were going to Mexico for our wedding, he offered to
do the photography and I soon realized it was cheaper to pay for his whole trip for 7 days than it was to get a photographer from Mexico,
so I am quite excited he is coming!

Carlota, you must be getting so excited! I am excited for you. Hopefully all the paperwork will come through for you guys.. I am crossing my fingers. Have you found out if you will get a Mayan Suite at the Kantenah for your upgrade?? Very happy for you that you won that!

Thank you ngreenwood for the info about Styling Trio.. so far it's looking like it might be better for me to go with them, and sounds like they do a good job. I also like the idea of being able to get ready all together in the room! Have you booked with Adrian or with the others?? Wondering if I should spend the extra $$ for him or not, I'm not as picky with my hair and makeup so I don't know ..

Claire, good luck with everything .. hope you have a great time! Will be thinking of you on the 17th when you are getting married :) ..

Lauren .. your cats are so cute! I have a cat too .. Mika. We took her from my dad's house when we moved into our own place, and never were big animal people but Mika has become like our baby.. Even for my fiance who used to not be a big fan of cats haha. This wedding party app sounds neat.. I think I'll hafta download it! That is awesome that you guys are going back to Vegas to get married .. its nice that you can make a fun little trip out of it.

Today at work, one of my coworkers who recently got married was showing me her professional photos that she has gotten back, and it got me SO excited for our wedding even though its still just under 6 months away haha. I'm sure it will come quickly though.

Bre 6 months will fly by!  That's awesome that you got such a good deal on the photography.  I was hoping mine would hit me up for that deal but no luck haha.  You'll have to post a picture of Mika one day too!  It's crazy because Tyrel was the same when I moved my two cats in with me when I moved in with him haha.  But now he's such a good dad to them - I can see he'll be a good dad one day!

Hi Ladies!

Bre, I booked with Adrian because I had heard really good reviews and because like I said I'm pretty picky! If you aren't too concerned, I'm sure his other make up artists would do a great job as well! His pricing is very reasonable and I like that the girls and I will be getting ready in the comfort of our own room. If you have any concerns with his pricing, just let him know... perhaps you guys can work something out? He seems to be very accommodating!

Is everyone bringing a photographer from home? I had no idea how expensive it was going to be to book one that is located in the Mayan. We finally decided on Blu Lens Caribe. Has anyone else booked with them??

Lauren, such cute cats! I like how both you and Bre said your fiancés weren't really cat people and now they love them.. Same here! Mine really did not want to get a cat but we went out to the SPCA one day and left with a little black cat. Now he absolutely loves her and she follows him around the house like a little puppy, its pretty adorable! I call her boo, though she has about 100 different names!!

Carlota, I'm sure you're getting excited.. it's coming up so fast! I've also got my fingers crossed that everything will work out with the paperwork!! I hope the next few weeks are relatively stress free for you!

I have just under 5 months to go... I'm starting to stress a little. I feel like there is still so much to do! I sent a huge list of questions to Grace so I'm hoping some of those answers will ease my mind a bit! ha

Noah

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone booked a DJ for a private reception? We weren't planning to, but now that we have almost 60 guests booked, I want to make sure everyone has a good time. I got a quote from Doremixx, but it seems really high at $950 USD for 4 hours. We will still do our own thing for the ceremony, but I would like to have a DJ to make the party a party!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by ngreenwood View Post

Hi Ladies!

Bre, I booked with Adrian because I had heard really good reviews and because like I said I'm pretty picky! If you aren't too concerned, I'm sure his other make up artists would do a great job as well! His pricing is very reasonable and I like that the girls and I will be getting ready in the comfort of our own room. If you have any concerns with his pricing, just let him know... perhaps you guys can work something out? He seems to be very accommodating!

Is everyone bringing a photographer from home? I had no idea how expensive it was going to be to book one that is located in the Mayan. We finally decided on Blu Lens Caribe. Has anyone else booked with them??

Lauren, such cute cats! I like how both you and Bre said your fiancés weren't really cat people and now they love them.. Same here! Mine really did not want to get a cat but we went out to the SPCA one day and left with a little black cat. Now he absolutely loves her and she follows him around the house like a little puppy, its pretty adorable! I call her boo, though she has about 100 different names!!

Carlota, I'm sure you're getting excited.. it's coming up so fast! I've also got my fingers crossed that everything will work out with the paperwork!! I hope the next few weeks are relatively stress free for you!

I have just under 5 months to go... I'm starting to stress a little. I feel like there is still so much to do! I sent a huge list of questions to Grace so I'm hoping some of those answers will ease my mind a bit! ha

Noah

Hey Noah!

We also booked Blu Lens Caribe. I loved their style of photography and the price options!

We were going to bring one from home but it ends up being the same price, actually more! 

I can't wait to see your photos!!

Good Luck with everything! 

Liz

Originally Posted by ngreenwood View Post

Hi Ladies!

Noah

I JUST realized.....we have the same wedding day!!! what time is your ceremony and where?

Hey Liz!

I really liked the pictures they posted on their Facebook page/website as well! I'm really happy we were able to book them.

We looked at bringing a photographer and also other photographers in the area and this was by far the best deal!

We have the same wedding date?! Your profile says February 6th, has that changed?

I'm getting married on December 4th at 4:00pm. We chose the beach pergola as we have always wanted our wedding to be directly on the beach!

What time/where is your ceremony at?!