Congrats on getting your date set in stone, Mikaela!!  As for the dress, mine is Essesnce of Australia - I ordered it at Christmas time and it came in mid-June, so 6 months or so.  I'm pretty sure most places say leave at least 6 months. You'll be fine!! 

MyTye2B, thanks so much for your response. I think I'll try contacting WestJet myself before booking anything else with the travel agent. junomei, which travel agent are you working with in Edmonton? I've only been in contact with one so far and I'm not sure how I feel about her yet. Are you happy with your travel agent? I'd also love some advice about the order in which to do things. I've already been in contact with Vanessa at the resort and she's given me a list of available dates for next July. Should I book my date with her now, or wait until I have the travel stuff booked? Or, at least wait until I have all the travel package info, which still isn't available yet? I'm not sure what makes the most sense.

Originally Posted by Soon2BeMrsW View Post

MyTye2B, thanks so much for your response. I think I'll try contacting WestJet myself before booking anything else with the travel agent.

junomei, which travel agent are you working with in Edmonton? I've only been in contact with one so far and I'm not sure how I feel about her yet. Are you happy with your travel agent?

I'd also love some advice about the order in which to do things. I've already been in contact with Vanessa at the resort and she's given me a list of available dates for next July. Should I book my date with her now, or wait until I have the travel stuff booked? Or, at least wait until I have all the travel package info, which still isn't available yet? I'm not sure what makes the most sense.

Hi there Soon2BeMrsW,

I might work with Ki Lee at Sears travel in West Ed. She helped us book our flight to Italy for this summer back in April which is a gongshow when you involve two dogs, a stop over in Ontario, different departure dates, etc etc. But the group quote she gave us last month for the White Sands wasn't very nice, so we're waiting until the end of August to see the actual prices before we finalize anything. I'll know more then. I also bought my dress during that same trip, as I tried on a half dozen dresses in the city closer to me, but they didn't have the one I really wanted to try on.... West Edmonton mall did, so I ordered it with LOTS of time to spare to coordinate the long distance traveling needed for the fittings next year.

I pretty much have decided on theme/colour story for my wedding, and begun looking for ideas for the maid/matron's dress. I already have my shoes, dress, jewelry, fans, etc. I'm in Ontario at the end of this month, so even though its a full year in advance, I'm going to go dress shopping with my Maid of Honour(my sister) and mom. That way I can get my Matron of Honour's dress afterwards, as we both live in Peace River Alberta and will probably have to make a weekend trip to Edmonton to get her dress. I have my photographer out of Medicine Hat whom I adore, and have chosen my invitations, I just need to order them after august. I'm not a DIY kinda bride so I do lots of shopping on the internet for my stuff. I bought the girls' necklaces off Overstock.com which was another gongshow but so worth it I believe. I also have used Etsy for my jewelry, there is a woman at Bloomsnbrides that has gorgeous bridal jewelry, purses, etc that I have also found and loved, and that doesn't cost a fortune but looks like it might.

Pretty much at this point I have started looking for the items that I need for the wedding, so that I can get the prefect ones, not necessarily the ones I can find.

The good news is that since we're getting married a year from now, there is no rush! lol

Liana

Hello ladies,

Thanks for your nices words once again about Thomas. He feels better today, but I think tomorrow will be better as he has started today with the new antibiotics. Thank godness, I was a little bit scared (i am not the ones that scared of this things, in my family we have suffered of "serious" illness) as he never takes pills so I did presume they were going to work before... Today he can talk a little bit (he has no voice from last Friday).

Thanks also for your support and ideas about jobs in Canada. This is a country we are thinking about as the economy seems is very good. My former housemate in Ireland left the country to work to Canada. We will look onto Alberta! 

About the flowers... I love orchids! So for me my bouquet and MH's are beautiful. Heather, the bouquet of my friend has cost me 45 usd. Mine 114 usd but because it is only made of orchids (a type of very expensive for what I discovered later) and it is in waterfall. 

I know the protocol says all flowers has to be the same, but I prefer to make it different for my wedding and have variety and I have choosen orchids for bouquets, white roses and morning-glory for the columns of the gazebo and tropical flowers for the centerpieces of the reception (I would try to upload it here but I have it in a pdf document and do not know how to change it to a .jpg document undecided.gif

And talking about the reception girls, are you going to decore with special things? I do not mean the tables but the area of La Laguna. I know the wedding packages includes the white clothing and we have also booked the special lights available at the Palladium, but I have started to think about this today.... 

¡¡Un saludo a todas!!

26 days for leaving

Liana, so many things you are doing! Good for you!! I have left small details and now I am searching them and these are not easy to find. 

Today I have received a phone from the jeweller's. When I graduated at the university my grandma gave me as a present a beautiful earrings of white golden and topaz. I did love them! But unfortunately I had lost one of them so 3 weeks ago I went to the jeweller's shop for obtaining the other earring. 

So I have gone today. I love them and I want you to show them as I am so happy that I can finally use them for my big day.

Which are yours?

I forgot! Sorry for so many posts today.

Mikaela, congratulations!! You will see so wonderful is this forum. For joining the FB group, please follow the link that appears below this post. 

Lauren, I love the dresses for your braidsmaid!! I love the colour and the form!! Really really beautiful!!

Originally Posted by Carlota1981 View Post

Liana, so many things you are doing! Good for you!! I have left small details and now I am searching them and these are not easy to find. 

Today I have received a phone from the jeweller's. When I graduated at the university my grandma gave me as a present a beautiful earrings of white golden and topaz. I did love them! But unfortunately I had lost one of them so 3 weeks ago I went to the jeweller's shop for obtaining the other earring. 

So I have gone today. I love them and I want you to show them as I am so happy that I can finally use them for my big day.

Which are yours?

Carlota

I LOVE the earrings. Blue topaz is my birthstone and one of my favourites stones. Your earrings are very beautiful. Mine are a little more over the top. But unfortunately I don't have a picture, I only have the necklace. They are more like the chandlier style seen here:

Rhinestone Chandelier Earrings -- Chandelier Bridal Earrings, Wedding Jewelry, Wedding Earrings, Silver Filigree, Rhinestones -- EMMA

Your description of poor Thomas sounds exactly like what Jason and I had.... I got it during the last few weeks of school as I am a teacher, and my students were very helpful when I couldn't speak... for me it was almost two weeks of sounding like a frog. I bet Thomas will have a speedy recovery once the antibotics kick in.

I hope you are able to find all the last minute touches for your wedding. As far as the decor for the reception I'm still thinking about it, not certain. The budget-bride website i mentioned previousily has a gorgeous black and white bouquet that I might look into using for other things the closer I get to my own date, once all the prices start ringing in.

You ladies were talking about sandels previousily so I thought I would share mine with you:

My shoes!

I bought me and my maid/matrons all matching zebra print flipflops from Ardenes for when we have to take pictures on the beach, but for the most part I will be having the catholic ceremony and laguna reception so I'm excited to show these off. Guess you ladies can tell what my theme is, lol

Hi Everyone, just a quick note from me tonight.  Carlota, I'm so glad that Thomas is finally beginning to feel better!  And thank you for the nice words about my bridesmaid dresses.  I have some more good news - I heard from Vanessa today and she did say that it will be up to us to decide in the end if we want to move inside if it is only slightly raining.  Tyrel says that he will get married on the beach even if it is pouring rain and I agree!  So hopefully we're going to have an outdoor beach wedding, regardless of the weather.  :)  Here's hoping it doesn't rain at all! 

I also paid off the remainder of the DJ (DJ Mannia who I have to say is very professional, I have been quite pleased with their communication) and our decorations by Wedding Cancun today.  Ouch, it hurt the bank account but I am happy that it is done!  Carlota you asked about decorating La Laguna - I have purchased turquoise and beige Japanese lanterns (about 10 of them) to be hung from the ceiling.  I also made burlap table runners.  Vanessa and the resort will be providing the centrepieces for the tables.  I spraypainted two starfish turquoise per table, and I'll be making menu cards (I think 1 or 2 per table too). That is really all the decor I have, although I'd like something more for the head table.  I have 3 parasols that are white that my friend who was recently married in Punta Cana gave me.  Maybe I will have Vanessa set those up by the head table.  I am having a table by the entrance that will have our guest book, memorial candle and a jar with glow bracelets with a sign that says "You've helped make our future bright, now let's do the same tonight - Light up the dance floor - please take one" which is an idea I got from Pinterest that I loved.  What are you ladies doing or thinking of for decoration?

Liana, I just saw the note that you left with the bracelets suggestion for the bridesmaid gifts.  Thank you very much for sending that!  I will definitely look into it - they look almost like Pandora but could be made with the wedding colours - very pretty.  And Jenn I LOVE your shoes!!!

Well ladies, I am heading to Las Vegas in the morning with 5 of my girlfriends for my bachelorette party!!  We will be gone from Thursday to Monday and we have rented a cabana by the pool, have bottle service reservations and will be seeing Michael Jackson Cirque!  I am soooo excited!!  I'm sure I'll have lots to catch up on here when I get back.  Have a wonderful weekend! 

Lauren

Good morning brides!!

Liana, thanks for your comments about the earrings. Yours are really beautiful and elegant. And your shoes! Wow so fashion and cool! Your theme is going to be great wild and beach at a destination wedding!! 

Lauren, thanks for telling us the decoration for La Laguna. I have alredy all the things for the table. Tropical flowers centerpieces as well as small sand centerpieces with a lizantus flower inside them. I am also having the color starfishes for the seating cards and a menu for each person. I have to make them alredy but my inspiration for that is message in a bottle. Just like this. I alredy have the small bottles and special paper, but I have not still started with this because I do not know the name of the wines and champagne to put it down at the menus. 

Thanks for the idea of the decorations at La Laguna! I have still to think what I am going to do... We are going to have Japanese linterns (so funny this, in Spanish we call them Chinese linterns, haha) at Las Rocas Bar that we have hired directly to the resort. But the idea of the parasols is sth beautiful and I have seen it at a pic that Vanessa sent me from another wedding. But I do not want to bring them at the luggage... so many things we alredy have to bring with us that if I add sth else, Thomas will kill me, lol... 

By the way Lauren, I read what you wrote about the credit card paying all the balance at the resort. And I remembered we were asking us if it was possible to pay sth before our arrivals. Well, we were thinking that for us would be better to pay sth in advance and Vanessa told me there was no problem. So one month ago we payed the total of the wedding package. When we had made the booking we had to pay 300 usd and in June we payed 2100 usd for the rest of the cost of the Diamond package, the party at Las Rocas (150 usd) and the special lights at La Laguna (150 usd). We thought it would be better for us to pay in advance so as you said the credit card 

We will have to pay the appetizers, dinner and extras (per person and white covers for the chairs at La Laguna) at the resort. So our credit card is not going to crack there! Hahaha... For us is better as we are going to stay at Riviera Maya for 3 weeks, rent a car, etc 

Have a wonderful stay with your friends at Las Vegas!! 

Thanks for asking Lauren... But as far as I know when it rains at Riviera Maya is always pouring rain... I have the same opinion as Tyrel! 

I am not going to think more in this. Hope we all have a wonderful sunny day. 

In case of having bad luck, we have decided to tell Vanessa at 1pm (when she comes with the weather report) that we still wanted the wedding outside and if it is going to rain, we will wait a while and stay less at Sports Bar for the appetizers. Or the guest will sit inside the gazebo instead of outside... 

Thanks once again! I wanted to know what Vanessa tells to other brides msnwink.gif

Originally Posted by MyTye2B View Post
 I have some more good news - I heard from Vanessa today and she did say that it will be up to us to decide in the end if we want to move inside if it is only slightly raining.  Tyrel says that he will get married on the beach even if it is pouring rain and I agree!  So hopefully we're going to have an outdoor beach wedding, regardless of the weather.  :)  Here's hoping it doesn't rain at all!