Thank you Carlotta!

We are wanting the videographer for at least 6 hours (either 3-9 or 2-8).  Our ceremony is at 4, and I want to try and get "getting ready" both the guys and the girls, the ceremony, during pictures and the beginning portion of our ceremony (cake cutting, first dance) as well as shots of the resort, that kind of stuff in the video.  We are thinking of going with two videographers to help make this happen.  Six hours seems like a long time, except it is barely enough time to get all of these details in especially if something goes later than planned or does not start on time.  If we had 7 hours that would be perfect but it really is starting to add up so we are not sure if we will do that.  I will check that videographer out thank you so much :)

Welcome aak2fast4u.  You are getting married two weeks after me! yay! I am starting to really realize just how HOT it is going to be in July there!  It really does sound like you have everything in order! What package did you go with? What is your decor like?!  

Hi everyone and welcome to the forum for all the new ladies!  Haven't checked in for a while - work has been so hectic! Time is ticking away now though, less than 4 weeks to leave - I can't wait!  W2e have our last meeting with our priest tomorrow and hopefully we will get the Nihil Obstat shortly after.  I'm a bit anxious about that but fingers crossed all will go smoothly

Jen, yes it will be hot hot hot!  I have made programme fans for each guest with tissues attached 'tears of joy, tears of laughter, tears of happy ever after' and was also thinking of getting my bridesmaids lace fans instead of a bouquet seeing as they will be so warm.  I was going to maybe have a corsage made of each so they still have fresh flowers, they could attach to their wrist or right onto the fan is possible. 

Aak2fast4u, we're getting married just about a week before you :)  are you having a private white party or are you going to the hotel one which is open to all guests?  I think we're going to invite all our guests to join us at the night which will be open to all guests (Vanessa said usually a Monday night).  The fire dancers sound amazing!

Had my final fitting for my dress today, how are you girls all travelling with your dress?  I don't want to put it in the hold in case it gets lost in transit so am thinking a carry on case which can go in the overhead compartment.  My airline said they cant guarantee a hanging space if I were to bring it in the dress bag which is a bit dissapointing

Originally Posted by jengullage View Post

Thank you Carlotta!

We are wanting the videographer for at least 6 hours (either 3-9 or 2-8).  Our ceremony is at 4, and I want to try and get "getting ready" both the guys and the girls, the ceremony, during pictures and the beginning portion of our ceremony (cake cutting, first dance) as well as shots of the resort, that kind of stuff in the video.  We are thinking of going with two videographers to help make this happen.  Six hours seems like a long time, except it is barely enough time to get all of these details in especially if something goes later than planned or does not start on time.  If we had 7 hours that would be perfect but it really is starting to add up so we are not sure if we will do that.  I will check that videographer out thank you so much :)

Originally Posted by claire0701 View Post

Had my final fitting for my dress today, how are you girls all travelling with your dress?  I don't want to put it in the hold in case it gets lost in transit so am thinking a carry on case which can go in the overhead compartment.  My airline said they cant guarantee a hanging space if I were to bring it in the dress bag which is a bit dissapointing

AAk2, welcome to the forum!!! Your day is really near!! I could imagine how you feel now! I am now realizing how near is my day and start to being alredy nervous! hahaha

Jen and Claire!! How near are your weddings!! Times pasts really fast!! 

Jen, great idea of having a remember of the whole wedding-evening! Tell us what you have finally decided!! I do not know how many could cost with Indigo Wedding videographers because when I was looking for information I directly asked for the time we actually were going to have.

Claire, if I were you I would try to up the plane the first ones. I think what you airline told you is the typical explanation that they always tell. But just in case there was no space, I think you could always keep your gown at the floor just behind your front seat. 

I am going to make as you! Of course I am keeping with me my wedding dress as well as my jewels. My flight are direct. The day before we are going from my city to Madrid (50 minute of plane) and then the next day we are going Madrid to Cancun (direct flight). I know being direct flights there are almost no possibilities of loosing my gown, but certainly this is not a risk I want to run!!

I suggest to explain the hostess that is your wedding dress and anyway I will try to seat the first ones. That is what we are going to do. FI is going to make the same with his suit.

And yes!! It is going to be hot. I was in July in Riviera Maya and it was quite hot. But more than hot is because there is a lot of humedity. I am marring in August 6th, I think it is going to be worst! lol But well I was living in the past in Madrid and other cities of Italy that in summer reach 50ºC (122 farenheit). So I am able to stand everything after that!! Emailing with locals they told me it is hot but no possible ways to reach the Italy or Spain high temperatures!! lol 

How long are you staying at Riviera Maya? I am not sure I am going to read your reviews at your return. I am living for Spain's capital on July 28th and going to Cancun on 29th. 

What about your shoes girls? I am looking for sandals and it is being hard!! I have decided to not use heels, as I am not usually confort with them if I have to be for so long with them. So I dont want to have tired feet on my wedding. I am looking for silver sandals and it is being soooo hard to find ones I like! In this moment I am writing laid at the sofa because this is the second day in a row looking for them in mall and stores. I will continue on Monday.

And I am nervous because my second fit of gown is this Saturday and the shopassitant told me that I have to bring my shoes this time!! hissyfit.gif

Hi Carlota, I will definitely ask the hostess on the plane to help as far as possible.  Our flight is also direct but last year my friend lots their suitcase because a lady picked up the wrong one at the airport so I will not be letting my dress out of sight.  Same for shoes, bridesmaids clothes and all jewellery - we will have a LOT of carry on! We are at GP 10-24th July, but don't arrive back in the UK until 25th July and I am then surprising hubby with a trip to Paris the next day so won't be able to review until August probably - by then you will be relaxing and preparing for your big day! 

I went for heels but got my maids gorgeous sandals.  They are like flip-flops but with a tiny little wedge, and lots of sparkles!  I loved then so much I bought a pair for myself to wear on holiday too.  I got them from Kurt Geiger ...

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

They are very comfy but also sparkly :)

Hi Claire I think the hostess ia going to be nice with you and try yo help you if you explain he/him that you are carrying your wedding dress as well as other things. I love your sandals for the bridesmaids! These seems comfortable and I like the fact this are sparkly. This is exactly what I am looking for. Fortunately i will found mines today or i hope so, hahaha. I am do excited for all the upcoming weddings! After all this months writing here all of us is so exciting to see how little but little people is getting married! I was watching the calendar today and I have seenthat remains 6 weeks for leaving 7 to the big day!! Last year i almost have no vacation except for some weekends outside so for this other reason I am wishibg the day arrives!!

Originally Posted by normas09 View Post

Hey guys,

For the newbies--- I stumbled upon a fact sheet for the hotel. Let me know if you want it, I can send it.

Yeah I'd like a copy too! Please and thank you! junomei@hotmail.com