Normas09- I have seen pics of both but maybe u ave ones I haven't seen? My email is halderwick@gmail.com Thanks! I'm very indecisive so its hard choosing things you can't see or in terms of food eat! I'm probably just worrying too much about everything.

Hi girls :)

Heatherlynn- try not to stress...it all will be absolutely beautiful :) 

SoontobeMrsW- The minister was really great- we originally had planned for a legal ceremony, and changed to a symbolic because it was just so much red tape to go through. We were legally married here at home in NY right when we came back- we wanted our wedding in Mexico to be our anniversary, and our first time saying our I-Do's :) We did not write any of the actual ceremony that you heard the minister speak- we only wrote our personal vows...however, we did tell Vanessa that we did not want a very short, impersonal ceremony. We wanted our minister to speak of love, of commitment, of the depth of marriage. We told her we wanted a very beautiful, meaningful ceremony that was personal. The minister asked Michael a lot of questions when he met with him about a half hour before the wedding. We did add the sand ceremony and had our children also pour the sand, as well as the passing of our rings around to all of our guests for a blessing. Also, (it was mostly cut out of the video) I had 2 purple flowers in my bouquet that I pulled out and gave to Michael to bring to the seat in which his mothers photograph was on. She passed away 2 years ago, so this was to honor her. I wish I knew the name of our minister! We had guests tell us that the ceremony part was so very special and they really felt it in their hearts. We were so very happy with him!

MyTye2B - hi!! Your day is coming up very soon!!!  Yes- I did my makeup myself-just wore a little more than usual, and darkened my eyebrows since they are so blonde :) The videographers name was Josef Rios- and he is right in the Kantenah lobby/shopping area at the photo shop. He was really great! 

Carlota and Bre- yes, I'm emotional too :) That's a good thing ladies!! 

And Jengullage--I can't wait to see your photos! Please enjoy your beautiful day coming up, and also- (I think it was you asking- I can't scroll back)- La Laguna is very pretty and it overlooks the White Sands pool. This is where we had our reception, and it was so pretty. It overlooks the pool AND the waterway surrounding the White Sands, so that may be where the confusion is. We specifically asked for the section that overlooks the pool. It is lit up so pretty in turquoise, and you will walk over a bridge to get to the reception when they announce you. Michael and I actually had to wait a bit because our guests were not all there (Vanessa was on this...) so we waited by a section that overlooked the waterway, and could see our reception lit up from afar. It was really surreal knowing that our family and friends were there celebrating and waiting for us...and we could sneak a peek of it from over the water. While we were waiting we had so many people come up and wish us well, and tell us their wedding stories. (we waited there for about 20 minutes) It was so nice! I did not see Gran Azul, but it does overlook more of the jungle area from what Vanessa told me, which is why I chose La Laguna. I was very happy with where it was. When I receive my photographers photos soon, I will post a photo for everyone.

Welcome to all the new brides- and Congratulations!!!  You will love this site! It really helped me very much :)

XOXO  Chrestena

Originally Posted by jengullage View Post

Hello Ladies

Normas09- I am a little bit confused with the Grand Azul/La Laguna thing.  Vanessa told me that La Laguna was the one overlooking the pool and that Grand Azul was the one that had the trees and nature behind it but you are saying that it is the opposite.  Now I am worried she made a mistake and mixed them up because we booked La Laguna because she said it was the one overlooking the pool.  This resort is so big haha I maybe will email to clarify this because I definitely want the one over looking the white sands pool!

Hello Ladies,

We had our reception at the Grand Azul, La Laguna was booked already, but I loved it.  If you want a lot of privacy this is perfect, you are surrounded by jungle and they do decorate it really nicely. they had blocked it off from other guests and it worked really well.  We did have a few people wander through but nothing major and it was no issue. 

so to confirm the Grand Azul is in the Colonial side and yes surrrounded by jungle and the La Luguna is at Whitesands and has the pool with a more open feeling.  Both are beautiful.

I will try and find a picture of it to post. 

I must say, I love seeing all the pictures of brides after me, it brings back wonderful memories of my own wedding and I love to see such happiness from all. thanks for posting.  To all the new brides to come, enjoy your day, it truly will be beautiful and full of memories, just relax and enjoy it as it comes. 

Cheers,

Karen

Hello brides!!!

Heather, the cocktails at Las Rocas Bar is private. It will take place from 9.30 pm to 0.00. So for this reason it will be closed to hotel guests. Anyone knows from/to what time takes the White Party there?

Chrestena, in fact I was asking myself why you have the luck that the minister speaked for a long time and saying such beautiful words. I am going to copy your idea! One thing that I had read for other brides were that for them it was a pity that the ceremony was so short and minister was very fast. I am indeed going to tell the same to Vanessa as you did. Thanks so much for sharing this!!! Really thanks!!

Other question, I would like to ask you is about the Spa and your hair and time for dressing. There will be a cart at Zentropia Spa to pick me up and bring me  to the room at 2.45pm. Vanessa explained me that other guests will have a cart at 3.30pm and mine with my dad and DH at 3.45pm. 

Do you think is enough time (one hour) for preparing and photographer/videographer? How you did with this? I do not want to stress myself because I do not have enough time but I do not want to wait so much at the room because I know this will make I am going to be more nervous, lol

I really would appreciate how you did with the hours from Zentropia to the room, etc.

¡Muchas gracias!!

Thanks Karen for clarifying!

Yes, the Gran Azul is on the Colonial side. When they showed it to me there were two sections it could be broken down too...one where the jungle is the view and the other has a view of the pool (Colonial side) which I liked better so I would probably do it on that side of the Gran Azul.

HeatherLynn83-- I just sent you pics and video of the space. 

jengullage- Do you want me to send pics and video too? 

Originally Posted by karenk View Post

Hello Ladies,

We had our reception at the Grand Azul, La Laguna was booked already, but I loved it.  If you want a lot of privacy this is perfect, you are surrounded by jungle and they do decorate it really nicely. they had blocked it off from other guests and it worked really well.  We did have a few people wander through but nothing major and it was no issue. 

so to confirm the Grand Azul is in the Colonial side and yes surrrounded by jungle and the La Luguna is at Whitesands and has the pool with a more open feeling.  Both are beautiful.

I will try and find a picture of it to post. 

I must say, I love seeing all the pictures of brides after me, it brings back wonderful memories of my own wedding and I love to see such happiness from all. thanks for posting.  To all the new brides to come, enjoy your day, it truly will be beautiful and full of memories, just relax and enjoy it as it comes. 

Cheers,

Karen

Well, I received an email from Vanessa and, you girls were right.  It seems as though there is no mixing colours or flowers from the new packages.  And, it does sound like you need to use everything that is offered in the package, in other words, no opting out of certain things.  For this reason, I have decided to go with an all white colour palette.  I'm thinking that I may also change to the Pure Paradise package, as it really has everything that I need, plus it's cheaper. 

Vanessa also told me about the different options for the private dinner/receptions in her email.  I was pretty sure that someone here mentioned the possibility of doing a private buffet style meal at either La Laguna or Grand Azul, but Vanessa told me that was not an option.  She said that I had to choose a set menu for everyone.  I'm not too keen on choosing one meal for everyone, as not everyone likes the same thing.  And, I would hate to pay $50.00 for a meal that some people may not even enjoy.  Has anyone here just used the regular buffet for their wedding dinner?  I know it doesn't sound great, but we'll have too many people to go to one of the à la cartes. 

Chrestena, thank you for the information about your ceremony and your minister.  I would like something very similar to what you had.  It was beautiful!

Soon2BeMrsW, I received an email from Grace yesterday about the buffet at LaLaguna.... I was told that it only applies with 70+ guests.... For now I should have enough guests to qualify but if anyone backs out than I have a couple of the set menus I like.... I guess for me the final numbers will decide. Liana

Hi!!! Congratulations!!!

I LOVE everything you have planned and have been reading your posts for months!!! Its helped me plan tremendously!! You looked beautiful! Our wedding is there on July 26th, I feel so behind on planning. We have about 60 people as well and want to have an amazing weekend!! I have some questions maybe you can help answer:

We are having a white party on the beach to welcome our guests and have fire dancers performing which should be exciting!! We plan to have a rehearsal dinner before, did they allow you to have a rehearsal in the church? Do you have a copy of the missal to help with order? I am concerned about this. Also did you decorate the church ?

Who did you book your Mariachi band with? I have also booked DJ Doremixx, super excited!! Did you have lighting from him at reception? What did you use for center pieces? 

For spa... did you book before you got there or when you arrived? Happy with Cake vendor? OMG So many questions but I really appreciate your help!! Did you do a trash the dress? 

Have an Aisle runner? Did you like the music at your wedding ? 

HELP!! I am starting to freak out and normally so calm, just want everything in place this week so I can relax!! 

Thank you in advance--

Alissa