Hello Lauren, You are welcome! It is good to know that it is useful for you. As you have seen it has nothing special and an bride can organize the different ings at the document as you want. Yes for Vanessa words I could understand sherally needed it. The menu is one that I have choosen at the beggining but later we decided to change. And we decided this change in November, so from that month she did not put down the change at my file.... Ok everybody could forget things... so this makes more important to take the time to write ALL for the WC. Un saludo!

Hi ladies. So I am staying here next march but was considering an off resort wedding. Mostly because its private and I'm going on march break so resort will be packed. It seems that for 30-40 people it will be at least 8-10k. And that is considered a tight budget! We only wanted to send 10k for everything so thinking it might just be too much. How is everyone finding prices for their ceremony and private reception at grand palladium?!

Hello Heather,

For me is cheaper to get marry at Riviera Maya than doing it in Spain. 

For giving you an example, in 2011 my elder sister got married in my city (northwest coast of Spain) and had 210 guests. 

Just only the appetizers, cocktails and dinner had a cost of 320 usd for person... So this is 67000 USD.... just for eating...

I do not know exactly how much we are going to spend, but more or less is like 7000 usd for flowers, food, drinks, etc (without counting the travel, wedding dress and shoes). 

Apart from the money we always wanted to have a wedding in the beach in Riviera Maya and a small wedding. I would never go with a big wedding as my sister did. But here in Spain is the normal amount of guests for a wedding. Marrying in Mexico is also good because you really have those ones that you love and not people you just see once or twice a year.

If you are planning to have a wedding outside the resort I am sure you could find cheaper costs. I have seen a video at the website of my cameraman and there is an Italian couple getting married at a beautiful chappel in Playa del Carmen. Surely you could find a local hotel or restaurant with cheaper costs (really mexican standars).

I hope to help you with my answer!! msnwink.gif

Hello Ladies,

Sorry for the delay, I have been sick the last few days.

Maybride2013 - I am so sorry your wedding experience was not what you hoped for. 

while I did have things go wrong, I had nothing of what you had and all of mine, I can laugh about and just say well we were in Mexico what can you expect!

I am pretty laid back as well and made a decison when I booked a destination wedding that I was not going to let things worry me.  Nice to say, hard to do.  I was not successful either. 

MyTye2B -   We had the Gran Azul (in the Colonial) location for our reception the La Laguna was booked and it was wonderful 

We had 45 people and yup, just go with the flow.  That is the easiest.  but consider that extra hour for sure.. coming from Canada I know you like to dance..LOL 

Carolta1981 -  My dinner was the Chicken & Shrimp,  I have no idea if the side courses were wrong.. but all that was there was a shrimp ring with potatoe and veggies - It was beautifully set on the plate and everyone said it was very good.. but no chicken!  

When I got back to Canada I looked up the menu and could not find any just Shrimp menu item  so I have no idea what happened. 

I brought all of my decorations with me to our meeting and my dress I brought myself to the Wedding Corrdinators office a few days before the wedding.  Everything was set up exactly as asked.

the blood tests.  - yes they took 2 vials of blood and honestly I did not feel a thing and had no bruising at all.  I can't watch but they were very good.  I have good veins they say so I hope yours goes as smooth.  Don't watch and just hold your fiance's hand.. They are quick too. 

Well I have to run, hope I answered most of the questions  if not please ask again and I promise to not miss them. 

Karen

Carlota, that is expensive. Yes in Canada most people I know have spent $ 20-40 000 for wedding so we are saving money by going to mexico and having a great vacation with family and friends. Not sure yet if we will have over 40 guests so may have to pay for private reception but thinking even if less than 40 will still want that. Is it different prices fordifferent meals. Haven't been in contact with WC yet as haven't returned my email yet.

Hello Heather,

Yes, there are different prices for differents menus, ones of 50, 55 and 60 USD. 

Have you thought in other cheaper possibility? Vanessa, my planner, told me in September that is possible to make only the cocktails and appetizers. This has a cost of 14 usd per person (for a minimum of 25 people) and you have cocktails, drinks and food during 2 hours. 

You have some selections , 12 cold appetizers, 12 hot and 6 veggetarians. You could choose a maximum of 6 hot appetizers. 

You can choose any scenary: Sports Bar, Heminway Bar, Las Rocas, La Laguna, El Gran Azul, etc

If 2 hours is not enough time for you, you may ask your planner for making a third or fourth hour.

If not you always have the option to make the reception in a la carte restaurant (not all are available). This has a 2hour duration and you can also combine it later with cocktails in another scenary.

¡Un saludo!

Originally Posted by karenk View Post

Carlota1981 -  My dinner was the Chicken & Shrimp,  I have no idea if the side courses were wrong.. but all that was there was a shrimp ring with potatoe and veggies - It was beautifully set on the plate and everyone said it was very good.. but no chicken!  

When I got back to Canada I looked up the menu and could not find any just Shrimp menu item  so I have no idea what happened. 

the blood tests.  - yes they took 2 vials of blood and honestly I did not feel a thing and had no bruising at all.  I can't watch but they were very good.  I have good veins they say so I hope yours goes as smooth.  Don't watch and just hold your fiance's hand.. They are quick too. 

Karen

Hello Karen!

Hope you feel better now! Thanks once again for your answer!! 

I have to recognize I was worry about the blood tests but now I am more relaxed after your comments. 

You have read my mind, lol... I will take the Thomas' hand.  I did the same last time. 

Thanks also for you comments about the course!! Yes, it is sth to laugh about... 

One more thing (sorry I forgot again), how was the quality of sound of the music while the ceremony? 

Vanessa has told me that during the ceremony the DJ of the resort plays 3 songs that you have choosen previously and give it to him at your ipod. 

How was your experience with this? Did you hear the songs well?

Thanks in advance!!

¡Un saludo!