Hello everybody,

This is my first time in this website. My name is Carlota and I am from Spain. First of all, I would like to apologize for my English mistakes...

I will marry on beach gazebo at Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya. This was my dream since I stayed at the resort in 2009 and saw the weddings there... from that moment i felt in love. 

so my dream is going to be real on August 6th!! 

My wedding organizer is Vanessa Roldan. We will have the wedding ceremony at 4pm, then the appetizers and drinks at the Sports Bar and finally the private dinner at La Laguna. I will have a small wedding, just family and closer friends. This is something that my fiancè (Thomas, he is Italian) and me wanted from the beggining. We will be at the moment 19 people, but there are some other friends that have not answered yet.

I am very happy with Vanessa, she is really efficient, quickly answering my mails and very nice since I have had the opportunity to phone her to the resort twice. 

My big question from some weeks ago is the tip. I do not really know how many tip to give her. So I would like to have a help from the formers and future brides of Grand Palladium about this. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Welcome and congratulations, Carlota!  First of all, let me say that your English is very good.  :)  I am interested in hearing what the other girls have to say about your question.  I have been wondering the same thing.  I have Vanessa as a planner too, and I think she is wonderful.  She always gets back to me and I think she deserves a good tip.  I just don't know what would be appropriate.  I'll keep watching for advice from others. 

Chrestena I canâ€t believe I missed that you got your dress! So happy and excited for you!! Iâ€m so glad it fits pretty much perfectly!  I bet it looks amazing.  Can't wait to see pictures!  Mikeycelle I think your dress is amazing too!  I bet you're so excited for it to come in.  It is SO different and beautiful.  Really happy for you!

Thanks Jengullage for all of your advice and support! Sometimes itâ€s just nice to have other ladies to talk to who understand. We may not all be doing the exact same things for our weddings, but weâ€re certainly all invested in making these days the most special and meaningful days we can for everyone involved.  I am not doing favours other than the donations and the OOT bags to answer your question, Mikeycelle.  I'd be curious as to what others are doing.  I do love Jen's idea of the gummy bears and m&mâ€s.  m&m's are by far my favourite candies and I hate this fairly recent lactose intolerance which means I have to be good and stay away from them, haha.  If you can get them there without melting your guests will be so thankful for the late night snacks. I remember last time being at the Palladium for a wedding 6 years ago and having goldfish crackers back in the room. I have a pic of a friend of mine feeding them to a stray cat outside our room and I was thinking ‘stop sharing!†lol!  Especially since as far as I know GP doesn't have room service it can be great to have something small to snack on back in the room. 

We are also getting married in Canada first.  If you figure out how or any tips or what it costs, pass it along haha. We havenâ€t even begun to think about that yet. We are then just doing the 'vow renewal' at GP although it's adding up cost-wise anyway!  My family knows we'll be getting legally married here but I do hear that they are really good about making everything look authentic if you're trying to hide it. 

With regards to shoes, I am doing the foot jewelry, even though the sand will probably be boiling, lol. It looks so beautiful! Iâ€m hoping that my feet are tough enough from walking on the hot sand lots before but I may bring a back-up pair just in case of something pretty. I'm kind of feeling like if last minute the sand is too hot and then I don't have anything but flip flops I won't feel as sexy as I want to.  Tyrel is not a ton taller than me, a few inches but not much, so I don't want really high heels.  I did get some just married flip flops for the reception but I don't want to wear them for the ceremony.  I think they'll just kick up sand and be too tough to walk in anyway. 

As another Canadian Iâ€ll keep my eyes peeled at our stores for lighter, softer coral dresses for you. Are you thinking short? Would you ever order online or are you definitely wanting from a store so she can try it on? My girls ordered online and I have many, many, many (lol, Iâ€ve been a bridesmaid a LOT) times before and never had an issue. I would just not recommend House of Brides after a review I read today and an experience I am currently trying to sort out that happened to me personally last week.  Until they sort it out, and even though they've been pleasant on the phone (not so pleasant via email) I am hesitant to recommend them.  Best Bridal Prices has been really good. 

Shayla so good to know the cenote is so close!  Our photographer told me it was just about 10 minutes away but I had a hard time believing it so that's awesome to hear.  Again, your pictures are just beautiful! 

Hello Everyone,

Well boy did we have a productive day of crafting.  I got most of my stuff done. YEAH - we did name place cards for seating, the scavenger hunt cards which  I have a picture of and look awesome and we did a Just Married/thank you banner but it still needs some work so won't have a picture until next week.

Im taking snorkeling lessons this week,  I always panic for the first 10 minutes and won't dive so Im hoping this will help me as I would love to do a snorkeling excursion during our Honeymoon.

Mikeycelle -  I did favors but no OOT bags.  My favors are Can Koozies we bought from Vista Print, they turned out amazing, They are white and we have a tropical picture of a beach with Palm Tree and Mexico on the picture and then below our names and date of the wedding.

I also did luggage tags,  Really bright colors and fun pictures.  They say:  I Survived the Kraus/Oaks Wedding, Mexic, April 5, 2013.  I love them.
They are super bright and lots of differnt colors and pictures.

Im also attaching a picture of what my chair covers and bows look like.  I am bringing my own.  the place where I rented them from let me do a mock up and see what I liked best for colors.  I am so happy with my choice.  Now that everything is coming together it all looks so colorful and pretty.

As for a tip, I have no idea either but will be giving tips to anyone that helps make my day go smoothly. LOL

Cheers, Karen

Welcome to the forum, Carlotta! Congratulations! You'll find so much infomation here. I agree with MyTye2B, your English is just fine =) The Gazebo is such a romantic place to say I do! I witnessed a wedding there when I visited Grand Palladium last year. It was just magical! We are all doing something a little different with our weddings but what we have in common is So girls, my sister also my matron of honor threw a beautiful surprise bridal shower for me yesterday! She had rented a hall and hired a comedienne to entertain. I don't know how she did it but she pulled off a great job. We played games, drank mimosas, laughed like crazy! Thank you for the compliment on the gown, MyTye2B! I am so excited! Crestena's gown is lovely! I adore Shayla's gown! Love that bright sash! It really popped in the underwater photos. I think I'll do donations as well. I originally wanted to do M&M's but I was afraid they would melt. I love gummi bears and swedish fish but I'm adding those to the OOT bags. Gonna hit up Walmart in Playa del Carmen and pick those up so I don't have to shlep those in the luggage. So donations to Pancreatic Cancer Research in honor of Dad would be the next choice.

Hi ladies,

I haven't been on in a while and there has been so much to read and so many great ideas and lovely photos to look at!  Shayla your pictures are beautiful, you must be so excited to see the rest now.  It made me really excited about our TTD when I saw yours!  And Cresteena your dress looks beautiful, it will exciting for you as well when it arrives you must let us know how it goes!  I got my dress 'off the rail' and then took it to a dressmaker to have it altered and bits added to so have the same excitement when I go to see it.  I hope it will turn out as lovely as it is in my head haha!  I am also having bridesmaids dresses made so looking forward to seeing them finished on 1st April.  Hopefully they will just as we imagine.

Welcome to the forum Carlotta and good question, I hadn't even thought about tips yet - any suggestions would be great!

Mikeycelle that was so lovely of your sister to organise your shower, it sounds like you had fun!  I hope my sister is as thoughtful as yours :)

We have just been to see our priest today and got our Certificate of Freedom to marry, I am hoping this is the same as the Nihil Obstat that Vanessa has asked for.  Does anyone know?  I'm so paranoid that we'll get there and will not be allowed to get married because our paperwork isn't right!  Argh, I have e-mailed Vanessa a photo of the certificate so hopefully she'll email back to say that is all we need.

The donations to a special charity in leui of favours are a really lovley yand thoughtful idea. I have been to a few weddings where this has happened and the guests all thought it was a lovely and meaningful idea.

Claire

Hello again everybody!!

Thanks for all your messages. Well, I see that the question about the tip is being difficult, lol... Any opinion is welcome! I really have no idea because tiping is not "typical" at all in Spain.

Claire, the stuff that Vanessa asks to me and Thomas for the legal wedding is:

- Passports

- Tourists Visa (the one that you get in the airplane)

- Photocopies of birth certificate (not the original and translations are not needed).

Our wedding is not religious.

Hi again Claire, 

Which documents are you bringing to Riviera Maya? Vanessa has told me only to bring those I mentioned before. 

What did she tell you?

Thanks,

Carlota