Hey ladies :)

First of all thank you so much for all of the replies.  It's so nice to know that so many people are willing to help out! 

Claire- That is so great that our weddings are around the same time!  Maybe we will run into each other! Although from the looks and sounds of this resort it is going to be massive, I wonder if I will even run into my own family! haha.  Where are you staying?? We are in the Royal Suites for both weeks.  We have read so many great things about them we had to make sure we got a room there!  I will send Vanessa another email about Portofino to see if I can talk her into letting us have the terrace to ourselves...It would alleviate so much of my worries!!

Becks- Portofino does look gorgeous, when is your wedding?? Have you asked Vanessa if you would be allowed to have the terrace all to yourself? Do you have a confirmed (or pretty well good idea) of how many people you have coming with you??  I am also doing a trash the dress photo shoot but I am going to use my actual wedding dress.  I know that I will never wear the wedding dress again, and so if it gets ruined to me it is no different than if I were to pay to preserve it in a box and store it in my closet.  But to anyone that doesn't want to get their dress ruined I totally understand, I used to feel like I would keep my dress forever, it was just lately that I decided I was ok with chancing it!

MyTye- I see your point about the terrace! If I was there and I saw a wedding taking place I would feel embarrassed to sit out there and "impose", however some people might not even think twice about it!  I will ask Vanessa about decorations.  I wouldn't want to bring too much stuff since we are already needing enough clothes for two weeks, so maybe I will stick with flower decorations on the tables.  I have the "crafty" desire and I Pin all sorts of DIY wedding ideas...but with working part time and being in school full time AND planning a wedding I barely have time to make dinner let alone DIY stuff although I wish I did!  

Mikeycelle- the more I look into Portofino the more great things I hear about it, which is fantastic!  I just have to convince Vanessa to let me have it to myself since it looks like my guest list won't be growing anymore, so we don't have a huge crowd.  Table lanterns sound pretty too, I will ask Vanessa for a picture thanks!  Do you know if they provide the speakers and the ipod dock or if we are supposed to provide that??  Also, Vanessa said that I could not have any music if I chose Portofino, has she told you differently? or anyone else??

It is a little bit crazy as I only have the day before our wedding to basically make sure that everything has been planned properly since we are getting married on the tuesday and arrive on the sunday night YIKES!!!  But I am not going to stress today because it's my Birthday!! So I am going to go enjoy some relaxing time with my Fiance! 

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!!

Hi everyone! I still haven't decided on a resort...we r getting married 2014. Prices for the Colonial seemed great though for jan 2014. I read earlier posts that said there is no vendor fee for photographers and such. Is this still true? Do u have to get a day pass?

Also sounds like if you have under 40 guests you can book in a la carte for no extra fee but if you have over 40 you have to have a private reception which is like $40 per person?

If you have reception in a la carte so not private can you still have speeches/first dance?

Too bad that this resort doesn't offer free wedding packages like a lot do but this resort does sound great. Does anyone think the size is too big or overwelming?

Any help would be great!

Thank girls

Hi HeatherLynn,

It's such an exciting but difficult time choosing the resort where you're going to get married - it took us months of research!  Yes, we have only been asked to pay like $25 to cover our photographers meal so pretty reasonable we thought.  We get married this July so I would imagine that would stay the same for January.

Yes you're right about the a la carte, if you have under 40 guests you can have terraced area of restaurant so pretty private which would allow for speeches etc  I don't know if you would maybe have first dance here as you only have 2 hours there.  If you go over 40 guests its more like $50-60 per person, although this would allow more time for your dancing etc.  Because we have booked Portofino (terrace at no extra cost) we have also booked a cockatil hour for afterwards which is actually 2 hours and you get waitier service in a private area for $5 per person.  We will have our first dance here.

I quite like that idea that the resort is so huge so we can easily find our own space and time out in such a large crowd (2 weeks with your family can be intense!)  I guess it's really whatever feels right for you and your guests.

If you have any other questions ask away!  You might also want to check out palladiumaddict.net which has a tonne of info as well.

The cold fireworks look amazing, would be fantastic in the photographs too!  I don't think we're going to go for a DJ, just bring our iPod all loaded up (you don't need to bring speakers etc, they have everything there)  Did you know you can get an app which fades out and in your music and you can basically set a playlist for your whole wedding day?  Must look into that more!

Mikeycelle, have you chosen hymns for the Mass or more instrumental music?  Are you having someone play for you?  I haven't really thoguht specifics about the actual ceremony yet in terms of hymns, readings etc.  Any advice would be great!

Jenguallage - happy birthday for the other day, I hope you had a lovely day!

And one piece of exciting news ... we have just been to order our rings yey!  Meeting dressmaker tonight to decide on bridesmaids dresses too (we've opted to have them made so they can be exactly as the girls would like them)

Claire

Oh Claire, how exciting that you've ordered your rings!!  Do you have any information on that app that fades the music in and out?  I'd love this for our ceremony.  Even the name so I can try to track down some information?  Thanks so much!  Normas09 - I'm sorry geography is not my forte but hopefully one of the others can shed some light.  I think Tulum is closer.  Not far at all from where we'll be.  But I wouldn't rely on my geography haha!