Originally Posted by rachelw29 View Post

Well I am in serious Mexico withdrawls now!

Where to start!!

Wedding..... we met with Vanessa our second day there. We went over a list of things ,flowers, music etc. Took about an hour. She was so organized that it was a breeze. I forgot a couple things so over the next few days I would run over to her office, questions answered in 2 min!  We had the ceremony on the beach which was amazing. When we, the girls got there everything was perfect! Ceremony went off without a hitch!  They shuttled us everywhere we wanted to go for pics, drinks etc. We had a private family dinner at Portfino as there was 86 of us and that would have cost a bundle for a full dinner so 36 for family and wedding party was perfect which was no extra charge. We had La laguna from 7 to 11 , was very nice. Used our tablet for music and all was good. About 1115 Vanessa said we had to shut it down cause the rooms are near by so no problem, off we went to Colonial lobby, live music till 1 am, and we shut that down!  It was a wonderful day and I cant say enough about Vanessa and her team, absolutley fantastic!

The resort is very very big but I liked that because with a group of 86 it was nice not to be stepping on top of each other all the time. the shuttles are really good, we used mainly at night if we had a few drinks! Once you figure out all the paths and short cuts its not more than a 5 min walk anywhere.

Staff were fantastic, just an issue with the front desk manager when my guests with day pass forgot to get their ID when they left. Vanessa did everything she could to deal with it, but he was a bit of an AH. Luis at front desk was great, along with Denise the waitress in colonial lobby.

Overall it was a wonderful wedding/holiday, the 2 weeks went by way too fast!

I put a few pics on my profile on here, cant seem to load them on this.

Hi Rachel,

What time was your wedding? Our wedding is booked for February 25th 2013 at 4pm, I am slightly worried about sunset/photos etc.

We wanted this time due to other daytime arrangements such as the two hour cocktail do etc but I didnt even think about sunset! :)

What was it like having the restaurant? We would like to have this as no extra charge and only 12 of us but want to do the toast, cake and speeches and are worried it wont be private enough...do they decorate the table at all?

I think we also want the gazebo on the beach for the wedding ceremony!

Originally Posted by rachelw29 View Post

Well I am in serious Mexico withdrawls now!

Where to start!!

Wedding..... we met with Vanessa our second day there. We went over a list of things ,flowers, music etc. Took about an hour. She was so organized that it was a breeze. I forgot a couple things so over the next few days I would run over to her office, questions answered in 2 min!  We had the ceremony on the beach which was amazing. When we, the girls got there everything was perfect! Ceremony went off without a hitch!  They shuttled us everywhere we wanted to go for pics, drinks etc. We had a private family dinner at Portfino as there was 86 of us and that would have cost a bundle for a full dinner so 36 for family and wedding party was perfect which was no extra charge. We had La laguna from 7 to 11 , was very nice. Used our tablet for music and all was good. About 1115 Vanessa said we had to shut it down cause the rooms are near by so no problem, off we went to Colonial lobby, live music till 1 am, and we shut that down!  It was a wonderful day and I cant say enough about Vanessa and her team, absolutley fantastic!

The resort is very very big but I liked that because with a group of 86 it was nice not to be stepping on top of each other all the time. the shuttles are really good, we used mainly at night if we had a few drinks! Once you figure out all the paths and short cuts its not more than a 5 min walk anywhere.

Staff were fantastic, just an issue with the front desk manager when my guests with day pass forgot to get their ID when they left. Vanessa did everything she could to deal with it, but he was a bit of an AH. Luis at front desk was great, along with Denise the waitress in colonial lobby.

Overall it was a wonderful wedding/holiday, the 2 weeks went by way too fast!

I put a few pics on my profile on here, cant seem to load them on this.

Hi Rachel,

Congratulations and I hope your first year or marriage has been amazing! What time did you get married? Our ceremony is booked for the 25th February 2013 at 4pm, more than likely at the beach gazebo and I am slightly worried about photographs and sunset!

I also wondered how private you found it having the restaurant sectioned of, there is only 12 of us so we will be doing this but wanted to use that time to do the toast, cake and speeches....did they decorate the table etc at all?

Finding it hard to think how the day will flow/look etc!

Hi everyone! Congratulations to all of you!

Just wondered if anyone can offer some advice? We are getting married on the 25th February 2013 at 4pm...we would like the beach gazebo. Has anyone married around this date/time as I am getting worried about sunset/photos etc.

We are planning on having the two hour cocktail do - where is this usually situated? Then plan to go for our meal in one of the restaurants for our party of 12, for anyone that did this was it still quite private? We wanted to use this time to do the toast, cake and speeches but our men are very nervous about giving speeches in full view/sound wise of a restaurant full! :)

Do they decorate the table at all?

Just wondered if anyone can offer some advice? We are getting married on the 25th February 2013 at 4pm...we would like the beach gazebo. Has anyone married around this date/time as I am getting worried about sunset/photos etc.

We are planning on having the two hour cocktail do - where is this usually situated? Then plan to go for our meal in one of the restaurants for our party of 12, for anyone that did this was it still quite private? We wanted to use this time to do the toast, cake and speeches but our men are very nervous about giving speeches in full view/sound wise of a restaurant full! :)

:)

Caterina,

My guest list is dwindling down some.  We were at 43 people now we are at 38.  I am sure a few more will back out.  Is the food covered at La Laguna if you have less than 40 people?  I read that on someone else's post.  I am also using Graciela & DJ Bob.

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are getting married 3-13-13 in the Nuestra Señora de las Nieves chapel. We've requested La Laguna for a private party/gala dinner. We're also looking to have a cocktail party. Any suggestions as to where on the resort to have it??

Hi everyone,

We have finally booked our GP wedding after over a year of deliberating! The big day is not untill next July but we are eagerly counting down the days!  First of all thanks for all the amazing information, pictures and advice ... I don't know if I could have booked a destination wedding without this forum!

What do you think of our timing ideas?

Catholic ceremony in church 4.00-5.00

Photographs                          5.00-6.30 (Do you think this is too long?)

Dinner (Portofino)                  6.30-8.30

Cocktails                                8.30-10.30 (Please help with location suggestions)

My other question is regarding the $20 set up fee, does this still apply to church weddings as there won't be any set up of chairs etc, although we would still like champagne for all our guests?  We will have 40 guests.