Hi Rachel,

The cord for the sound system is the cord that plugs into the earphone/headphone jack on your device. They had someone who looked after it for the ceremony, but we had a friend do it for the reception. I'm not sure if they would have someone there who would do it if asked or not.

As for the upgrade, they did that for us without asking. My TA said that would probably happen. We had already paid a little extra for a junior suite, we we were upgraded "one level". If you had a standard room they probably would upgrade to a junior. You are bring a huge group, so they better do something!

Originally Posted by rachelw29 View Post

Manda,

Just read your full review, sounds like it was wonderful. Thank you so much for writing it, it really helps, I will do the same after our wedding because I have gotten so much info from here and it helps! cant wait to see the pics!!

As far as the sound system, you said they have all the cords, is that for any music device or just Ipod? We have a Samsung tablet that all our music is on so just want to make sure it doesnt have to be Ipod. Did they have someone look after it for ceremony and dance because I was going to get my friend to do that for me.

Great to know about the colonial lobby with music and the disco.

Did you ask for an upgrade or did they just do that? I was going to email and ask but maybe I will wait till we get there and see what is offered, hopefully we can upgrade to a mayan suite since we are bringing 80 people there, and 20 are for 2 weeks.

Thanks again for all your info and help

Hi Shayla,

We paid extra for flowers. We had the diamond package, so upgraded bridal bouquet and flowers at the ceremony site were included. We had 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen, plus parents, and a hair flower, and we paid about 300 for flowers. They were beautiful. I simply showed a picture to Rocio when we got down there and she made it happen. It would cost you probably the same amount to make it before you go, plus then you'd have to cart everything down there. I recommend getting them there...I will have my pro pics soon so I'll post the link when I get them and you can check them out.

Originally Posted by 87shayla View Post

Great review Manda,

Even though our wedding isnt for a year it is nice to have a heads up on everything that goes on!!

I was wondering if you had to pay extra for your bridesmaid and groomsmen flowers? Contemplating if it would be worth it/cheaper to make them myself with silk flowers.

Thanks for all your info :c)

Hi Caterina,

I think there were 8-10 different colours to choose from. I went with white, since my colours were cobalt blue and lime green. They didn't have either of those colours and I probably would have gone with white anyway! 

At La Laguna the tables are round - you can fit 8 per table. They will do a head table for you if you want. 

For favours, we gave maracas. They doubled as favours and placecards. We attached a name tag to each so people knew where to sit!

Originally Posted by Caterina View Post

Hi, I'm new to this thread and I've been reading all of you and got a lot of information. I'm getting married June 12, 2012 having my reception at La Laguna and we're staying at the Grand Palladium Kantenah. I was just wondering what are the colors that you can chose for the bows... And what are the seating charts at La Laguna?  What favors did you give to your guests? Thanks in advance! Congrats to everyone who just got married and to those who are getting married soon!

Hi! Just a note on the beach gazebo - it's more private than the beach location, but not totally private. There's actually some vendors that are set up just in front of the location, and there's a little bar right beside that. We had at least 50 strangers watching/videotaping/taking photos during our ceremony at the beach gazebo. We didn't really care, but want to give you all the heads up about that.

In my opinion, the most private location was the garden gazebo and chapel. They are located in a treed area beside the colonial lobby. There isn't too much traffic through there.

Originally Posted by vpiche01 View Post

Hi Campbelk81,

that's so exciting!!! We are having the dinner at the Portofino since we are under 40 people we can have the semi-private dinner and don't have to pay extra for that! We are having the reception at the Laguna afterwards we decided to go with a DJ after all!!! that way we won't have to worry about changing the songs everytime someone has a special request. I got the quote which is around 1000 but after reading quite a few reviews it sounds like they will do a good job at getting the group dancing and having fun! I don't have any pictures of the beach set-up be if I was you I would check out the Palladium Addict website I'm pretty sure I saw some on there! We are doing our ceremony at the Beach Gazebo I measure 5 feet so I want to have 4" heels at the wedding and I can't do that in the sand! Also, my wedding coordinator told me it's a little bit more private there. The picture of the Gazebo are very pretty! If you have any other questions let me know. 

As soon as I get some "teaser" pics from my photog on his blog I will post some pics! I promise! I don't think it will be too much longer. 

We had so much luggage that we brought down for our OOT bags, that we didn't have any space at all for extra decorations. You won't need anything! They set up the tables beautifully at the reception. We were planning on paying for centrepieces when we got down there but once Rocio showed us the standard, "free" set up, we decided to go with that. They had beatiful lantern centrepieces, and I had Rocio use the rose petals that were going to be used at the ceremony site down the aisle on the tables at the reception instead. She also had drapery white drapery on the ceiling. There's a nice chandelier at La Laguna, too. 

Originally Posted by vpiche01 View Post

A special request for all of our married friends:

I was wondering if you could post some pictures of your dinner and reception I would love to get a feel for what it will look like.

Also I am curious if any of you brought additional decorations for the “big day†or if you kept it simple.

Thank you ladies

Just in case anyone is interested I found these pictures of other Grand Palladium weddings on the Internet. Both weddings are at the beach gazebo and reception at la laguna. Hope this is helpful, if I find anymore random picture links online I'll make sure to post them. I'm a very visual person so I like to look at other people's pictures to help me get ideas for what my wedding will be like.

Also I'm not sure if I read it on this thread or not but a bride had mentioned that they have a near by wal-mart there. ( I know pretty random right?) She explained that she got some extra decor there (vases, candles etc.) so she didn't have to lug a bunch in her luggage.

http://www.ladolceblog.com/weddings/lori-justins-riviera-maya-mexico-wedding-grand-palladium-white-sand-desination-wedding-photographers/

http://www.juanphotos.com/blog/?p=9909

Hey ladies,

I'm really short on time so can't really reply to anything (I was really sick Monday-Wednesday, didn't get anything done...  we leave Sunday at 3AM for the airport... we're quite behind!).  I promise to provide as much info as I can after the wedding!

Manda, quick Q - for coco bongo, how much did it cost per person?  What did the cost include?  Were they able to take everyone?  Was it 100% safe?  FH is afraid of people wandering and is nervous that we'd have to babysit the whole time.  We were thinking of doing something like that for the girls/guys night...  separate dinners and then out as a group.  What do you think?

It was 50 for girls and 60 for guys. That included Christian from Air Transat at the resort arranging our transportation, admission, and alcohol. The place is huge! We had a semi-private section and everyone stuck in that area, and we have a pretty wild group of friends and I was somewhat worried that someone would end up dead or in jail. As long as you stay together, you will be good. I promise - it's worth it. I think that given the situation, people keep their wits about them. It's not the same as going out at home. If you are at Kananah you must be with Sunwing. I'm sure they have someone like Christian at the resort.

Originally Posted by JND2012 View Post

Hey ladies,

I'm really short on time so can't really reply to anything (I was really sick Monday-Wednesday, didn't get anything done...  we leave Sunday at 3AM for the airport... we're quite behind!).  I promise to provide as much info as I can after the wedding!

Manda, quick Q - for coco bongo, how much did it cost per person?  What did the cost include?  Were they able to take everyone?  Was it 100% safe?  FH is afraid of people wandering and is nervous that we'd have to babysit the whole time.  We were thinking of doing something like that for the girls/guys night...  separate dinners and then out as a group.  What do you think?

I'm actually with Transat too!  That's an amazing price, I think we'll definitely arrange it.  Hopefully it will be available the night we want to go!  :)  Did you get a glimpse of the Kantenah hotel?  Was it any good?  FH is a bit nervous that the quality of the rooms will be low.  Also, is there only one disco on the entire resort?

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

It was 50 for girls and 60 for guys. That included Christian from Air Transat at the resort arranging our transportation, admission, and alcohol. The place is huge! We had a semi-private section and everyone stuck in that area, and we have a pretty wild group of friends and I was somewhat worried that someone would end up dead or in jail. As long as you stay together, you will be good. I promise - it's worth it. I think that given the situation, people keep their wits about them. It's not the same as going out at home. If you are at Kananah you must be with Sunwing. I'm sure they have someone like Christian at the resort.

OMG did you take that photo!?!?!?!?!  That looks INSANE!

I'm kind of freaking out.  FH is a procrastinator and left everything until the last minute, and today he's sick in bed and has a ton of antibiotics after going to the doctor.  I have all of our packing to do, I have to finish our playlist and the favors...  I'm stresssssssed out. 

For the playlist, how did you organize it?  We have two - dinner and dancing, but don't know how long it should be, etc.  I'm thinking of just sticking a bunch of songs into the playlist and putting it on shuffle, whatever plays, plays.  Have the important songs at the beginning in a separate playlist (our first dance, the Mom dance we're planning).

Hey!

I don't know if you will get this before you leave, but here goes it:

The kantanah rooms I think are similar to the colonial rooms. I think that they are pretty good! I wouldn't say they are low quality - it's a nice resort.

Yup - I took that photo. Coco Bongo is insane! I think you can go any night. Just talk to Christian.

FOr the playlist, a friend of ours was running it. He had separate play lists for:

1) Dinner

2) First dance/dance with dad/dance with mom

3) Reception.

We had speeches during dinner so it was important for us to have someone else in charge of the music. He was great - happened to be sitting with our MC and anytime there was going to be a speech he would turn down the music. We were lucky to have super organized friends as MC and "official DJ!"

Maybe you can see if there is someone who can do it for you?

Have an amazing trip!