Also, I did programs, place cards, menus, fans for the ceremony, favours etc. and I found it really added to the whole wedding. The only thing I would bother with is menus. I spoke to our wedding coordinator many times to try and clarify what was going to be served and how in order to do a proper menu. When it came time to dinner, everything came out differently than I was told. It may have been due to a language barrier, who knows. An example is I was told the potatoes with the main course would be roasted potatoes do I put that on the menu. We they were served, they were mashed potatoes. Not a big deal but because I make a very descriptive menu, people were confused. It would have been better to do dinner minus the menus.

Thanks for the tips, Caroline. Did you book the group excursion with Air Transat ahead of time, or did you just wait until you got there?

I think I might skip out DIYing menus. Thanks for that.

For the ceremony, was there anything that you needed to personalize beforehand? Or did they have a standard script for you?

Originally Posted by JND2012 View Post

Does anyone know anything about booking excursions?  Is it something we have to do before hand?  We wanted to book an excursion that everyone can attend  (about 38 of us) but we don't know how to go about it. 

We use a ompany called Edventure.  It is owned by an American couple and they are awesome.  It was around $100 pp and that was with add-ons.  This what it included and it was a blast:

Start off at the Mayan Ruins in Tulum.  If you want to drink, while you are in the ruins they driver will go get you group beer, soda, etc. and put it in a cooler for you. From there you cliff dive into a cenote, and then snorkel in the cenote.  You also go across 2 different ziplines across a lake.  Then you stop by a small mayan village to see how they live.  You then leave and go to Akumal where you get to go swim with the sea turtles in the sea.  It is awesome!!!  After that you eat at La Buena Vida (recommend the fish tacos).  Finally you go to a private lagoon and snorkel with all sorts of tropical fish.  Then they take you back to the resort. 

I am using these guys for our excursion for my guests.  They have a website.  I never can remember it but just google, edventures in Mexico.  I have pics that I can send you or feel free to ask me any questions.  Hope that helps!

We used an iPod for our reception and the sound system was pretty good. We bought all of our playlist music from iTunes and every so often there would be a song much louder than the rest, so other than the volume needing to be adjusted, using the iPod was perfect. For us, there was no need to have a DJ.

We had 33 people and most of us were in the same building. Others were a few buildings down, but for the most part everyone was pretty close. Looks like you're staying at the white sands which is where we were too. The buildings of rooms of the white sands are all pretty close together.

Thanks so much!  I was in contact with my TA, who sent me a list of excursions available MONTHS ago.  I asked her how I go about booking one, and she basically told me that the one I wanted wasn't available, and that I had to choose from a much smaller list of much less exciting excursions because that's all that transat offered.  We'll definitely check out edventure :)

Originally Posted by skewy01 View Post

We use a ompany called Edventure.  It is owned by an American couple and they are awesome.  It was around $100 pp and that was with add-ons.  This what it included and it was a blast:

Start off at the Mayan Ruins in Tulum.  If you want to drink, while you are in the ruins they driver will go get you group beer, soda, etc. and put it in a cooler for you. From there you cliff dive into a cenote, and then snorkel in the cenote.  You also go across 2 different ziplines across a lake.  Then you stop by a small mayan village to see how they live.  You then leave and go to Akumal where you get to go swim with the sea turtles in the sea.  It is awesome!!!  After that you eat at La Buena Vida (recommend the fish tacos).  Finally you go to a private lagoon and snorkel with all sorts of tropical fish.  Then they take you back to the resort. 

I am using these guys for our excursion for my guests.  They have a website.  I never can remember it but just google, edventures in Mexico.  I have pics that I can send you or feel free to ask me any questions.  Hope that helps!