I am only a few days away from the big day at the palladium. Panic is really starting to get bigger!!!

I have a question regarding tips, Erika and Rocio have been great help all along the way and I dont know if we are supposed to give them tips and how much.

Any advice would be appreciated!

thanks!

Ellabaja -

well, we called it a cocktail hour but really it was our "reception". There was an open bar, dancing, music etc...

If your wedding is at 1:30 in the afternoon, you really wont have as much time as you think to have to fill in. By the time the wedding is finished, it will be about 2:00 or so, then there is a champagne toast and then pictures with your guests... they will leave you at about 3:00, then they will have a couple of hours to do what they want while you do photos and then dinner can be about 5 or 6.

Mexicanwedding - dont panic. It goes so smoothly you wont even believe it. I was soooo impressed. They do this for a living and they really take care fo everything. They think of all the little things that I  wouldnt even think of.  As far as tipping goes, I  wasnt really sure either. We gave a tip to the mariachi trio so that they would come to the portofino when we had dinner, we also tipped the Justice of the Peace ($50.00) and we gave the wedding ladies $20.00 each on the wedding day , then we gave a thank you card with $100.00 in it the next day. I cant think of anything else. Again, we just guessed. I dont know what other people give...

I hope that helps.

Thank you for the input, dawnkyeknod!  It's good to hear that.  We are actually doing a "renewal of the vows" because we are going to take care of the legal piece here before we go down to Mexico.  But, that's good to know that it won't be as long as I think!  I think the hardest part for me is going to be figuring out where to have dinner then.  I'm worried that we may have more guests than we originally anticipated.  That's not a huge deal, but it could be depending on how much more it is per person.  I was thinking I'd do it at El Dorado...but I'm not sure.

Congrats!!!!

We are getting married at the GP in Rivivera Maya on March 31st 2011.  We've been booked for a few months now.  I've been working with Ariadna so far and she's been great.  We are having the ceremony at 4PM and the reception at La Laguna at 7PM.  We were thinking about doing the cocktail hour from 5:30 to 6:30 so that our guests have something to do while we are taking pictures (we also booked Claudia for the wedding and TTD... I can't wait to work with her!!!)... I'm just not sure if it would be worth it... I mean, I would love for my quests to be able to eat a few appetizers and have a drink, but is it worth the money when we are already paying for the private reception?  We'll see...   Plus, the only place she says they have available for the cocktail hour is the Sports Bar which doesn't have a ''wedding feeling'' to it... Do you have pictures of the setup for your reception at Las Rocas?  I'd love to see it! :)

Originally Posted by dawnkyeknod View Post

Hey ladies.

I just got back from my wedding and honeymoon at GP in the mayan. WOW!

The wedding team there is amazing! I admit, I had the same fears that you all have - they were quicklt dispelled once I arrived and met with Erika. They really take care of every little detail. I brought my own chair sashes and buibbles and fans but none of that was necessary.... thay have chair sashes there now in a bunch of colours (and the bubbles etc really were a non-event). I also brought a large piece of fabric for the canopy and that was very cool. It was a turquoise colour and I loved it - otherwise it would be white - which I am sure would still be gorgeous. The flowers that come with the package are nice (although the bridal bouquet is a bit smallish but I still loved it)

We had our wedding on the beach(canopy - not the gazebo), reception dinner at Portofino on the terrace (no cost and totally seperate and nice - the food was yummy) and our cocktail reception at Las Rocas (by the saltwater pool) and it was gorgeous!!!  I brought paper lanterns and they lit them all with little battery lights and hung them up between trees and lined the walk way with them. Wow!  This option wa only $5.00 per person.  I couldnt be happier!

I will answer any questions you have. You can email me at briouxt@gmail.com and I will be happy to help :)

Hi Dawn,

I am glad you had such a great wedding. I can't wait to see your pictures we too are using Claudia. I do have a couple of question as my wedding is coming up quickly and I need to answer questions for Rocio quickly and not sure what to do.   How many people did you have come to your wedding Portofino and I would love to do a dinner too but having 67 people at 55 a person can get pricey and I was told if you have over 40 you have to do a private so I am just wondering if you had over 40.  I would also too like to see pictures of the Las Rocas and what the set up was like,   as of right now we are planning on having a cocktail party from 7-11pm with a DJ Bob who will play the full four hours La Laguna as didn't know the other place was an option.

Thanks

Hey ladies.

I just got back from my wedding and honeymoon at GP in the mayan. WOW!

The wedding team there is amazing! I admit, I had the same fears that you all have - they were quicklt dispelled once I arrived and met with Erika. They really take care of every little detail. I brought my own chair sashes and buibbles and fans but none of that was necessary.... thay have chair sashes there now in a bunch of colours (and the bubbles etc really were a non-event). I also brought a large piece of fabric for the canopy and that was very cool. It was a turquoise colour and I loved it - otherwise it would be white - which I am sure would still be gorgeous. The flowers that come with the package are nice (although the bridal bouquet is a bit smallish but I still loved it)

We had our wedding on the beach(canopy - not the gazebo), reception dinner at Portofino on the terrace (no cost and totally seperate and nice - the food was yummy) and our cocktail reception at Las Rocas (by the saltwater pool) and it was gorgeous!!!  I brought paper lanterns and they lit them all with little battery lights and hung them up between trees and lined the walk way with them. Wow!  This option wa only $5.00 per person.  I couldnt be happier!

I will answer any questions you have. You can email me at briouxt@gmail.com and I will be happy to help :)

My advice for the cocktail hour would be to skip it... your guests will be able to get drinks and snacks anywhere they want - its all inclusive. :) They might also like some free time to change or freshen up etc. Mine thought the timing was good for them.

For dinner, I would highly recommend Protofino on the terrace for thos eof you who have a smaller number of guests. It is ouside and there is a breeze and it is totally seperate. We had the steak and it was better than the steak we had at El Dorado. (we also found El Dorado to be very hot and stuffy). We had 20 people so we were ok to have Portofino but I dont think thats an option for your goup if you have alot of people. It is a bit pricey to have a full dinner at La Laguna but I dont think there are other choices. Yikes. I am not sure about Las Rocas for a group that size either. You might want to write Ari and ask her. You wont be able to have dinner there....it is just a bar area with stand up tables etc.

By the way, Claudia is sooooo amazing! You will love her :)

Thank you for mentioning that about El Dorado!  That may make my decision easier if the steak was better somewhere else and it has additional options El Dorado doesn't!  Very good to know!

My advice for the cocktail hour would be to skip it... your guests will be able to get drinks and snacks anywhere they want - its all inclusive. :) They might also like some free time to change or freshen up etc. Mine thought the timing was good for them.

For dinner, I would highly recommend Protofino on the terrace for thos eof you who have a smaller number of guests. It is ouside and there is a breeze and it is totally seperate. We had the steak and it was better than the steak we had at El Dorado. (we also found El Dorado to be very hot and stuffy). We had 20 people so we were ok to have Portofino but I dont think thats an option for your goup if you have alot of people. It is a bit pricey to have a full dinner at La Laguna but I dont think there are other choices. Yikes. I am not sure about Las Rocas for a group that size either. You might want to write Ari and ask her. You wont be able to have dinner there....it is just a bar area with stand up tables etc.

By the way, Claudia is sooooo amazing! You will love her :)

Hi were staying 15-29 - how about you?x

Originally Posted by shortcake18 View Post

Hi x,

I am getting really nervous as I begin looking at the numbers and the cost. We are having 64 people and there maybe a few more. So we have to have a private reception but I have opt out of a private dinner and I am doing a cocktail party with appies to save on some cost.   I haven't heard back yet from Roico regarding some details and numbers so I am getting a little worried. I feel that I haven't got much down compared to others so I need to get it on. What days are you staying there? 

shortcake  

I have read through a review that the resort will do it for $2/bag.  I've been wondering the same thing and have asked the person who did the review what they recommended, but have not heard back.  I can ask the WC, but I was trying to get feedback from another bride rather than the resort...