Haven't been on here in a while. Lots of action now!

Sarah- I know they won't do a reservation in one of the a-la-cartes for over 40 ppl., but would you be totally against doing the buffet? I was positive I was provided that as a cost saving option for over 40 ppl. other than a private reception.

Meg- We are doing a legal ceremony (which is why we had to wait until the Thursday, as we fly in on Sat.). We actually moved our date back by a month because we couldn't get a legal ceremony in April.

Demetriosbride- Keep in touch over the next while!

Hi Everyone,

We have finally got our wedding date set. I am very new to this forum and look forward in chatting with all of you, as I bet you can answer many of my questions I have, and hopefully I can answer some of ours.

Meg I do have answer for you in regards to getting married on Wednesday you have to be at the resort the Thursday before. As we are gettting married on Wednesday and Rocio said we needed to be there the Thursday before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake18 View Post
Hi Everyone,

We have finally got our wedding date set. I am very new to this forum and look forward in chatting with all of you, as I bet you can answer many of my questions I have, and hopefully I can answer some of ours.

Meg I do have answer for you in regards to getting married on Wednesday you have to be at the resort the Thursday before. As we are gettting married on Wednesday and Rocio said we needed to be there the Thursday before.
HI Shortcake!

Glad to see another Palladium bride on here!

Just to clarify as well- you only need the 3 days before if you are doing a legal ceremony.

Hey Guys!

I had to switch my date from Wednesday to Thursday, because we will be arriving on the weekend, and we need the full three days before the civil ceremony. No big deal though. I just have to be careful and put lots of sunscreen on, so I don't look like a lobster by the time Thursday rolls around!

Is GP considered a 4 or 5 star resort? I thought it was 4, and then I just saw a website that called it a 5? Just wanted to include that info in my info package I will be sending out in a couple of months.

Just emailed Claudia Rodriguez photography to try to book her for my wedding! I hope she's available!

Glad that worked out for you Meg.

I think that GP is considered a 4.5 star resort, but that is really based on ammenities...so I am not sure where that last half a star is? I wouldn't say 4 star, just based on my own experience with being there and being at other resorts that are 3.5.

Speaking of tan lines...I am wonddering if I will ever find a strapless bikini top that doesn't make the ladies look like one flat line...any suggestions? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaP View Post

Speaking of tan lines...I am wonddering if I will ever find a strapless bikini top that doesn't make the ladies look like one flat line...any suggestions? :)
Try Victoria's Secrete online. They always have a lot of cute swim wear. Thanks for reminding me to look for a tan line-appropriate suit! One more thing to do :)

I am having a hard time getting Rocio to email me back. What email address are all of you using? I have been using: <weddings.riviera@fiestahotelgroup.com>

Sarah,

That is the e-mail addy I have too. Sometimes it just takes a while. I have gone two weeks before a response. I think most of us are finding it depends on what it is about, how close your wedding date is, and pure luck. Do you have a general question that maybe one of us might know? Most of the info. I have is an accumulation of info. from past/future brides on here with a small bit from Rocio.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg444 View Post
Hey Guys!
I had to switch my date from Wednesday to Thursday, because we will be arriving on the weekend, and we need the full three days before the civil ceremony. No big deal though. I just have to be careful and put lots of sunscreen on, so I don't look like a lobster by the time Thursday rolls around!
Is GP considered a 4 or 5 star resort? I thought it was 4, and then I just saw a website that called it a 5? Just wanted to include that info in my info package I will be sending out in a couple of months.
Just emailed Claudia Rodriguez photography to try to book her for my wedding! I hope she's available!
If Claudia is booked (which she was for mine), you should try moments that matter photography. They are canadians who moved down to mexico, so far they have been great, and the pictures are similar to that of Claudia.

Cheers,

Angela

Yeah, Claudia is booked, so she offered Erick's services. Another photographer with her company. I checked his pictures out on the website and I really like his photos (not as much as Claudia's though..)

I also requested the price list from Moments that Matter. I am on a tight budget so I know I will be going with the smallest packages. Claudia has 3 hours for $1500 (and you get some printed pictures) , and MTM have 4 hours for $2000 (no prints, but I think you get two photographers there) ... it's a toss up! How does one choose?!