Photo

Corkage service/Liquor Prices

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MaryS

MaryS
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

I am doing a corkage service for my reception. For those of you doing this what is the normal charge for liquor that you are paying your vendor? I just want to make sure that I am not being over charged. If anyone could give me some quotes that would be great.

-MaryS
    WE ARE MARRIED!!

#2 edna

edna
    • Site Supporter
    • 1,360 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:44 AM

It will depend on the brands or types of liquor you are using, but lets say a bottle of Chivas Regal 12 years 750ml will be around 375 pesos per bottle... what are you having? I might be able to check some prices for you here in Mexico and tell if they are over charging or not.

#3 MaryS

MaryS
      • 313 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by edna
        It will depend on the brands or types of liquor you are using, but lets say a bottle of Chivas Regal 12 years 750ml will be around 375 pesos per bottle... what are you having? I might be able to check some prices for you here in Mexico and tell if they are over charging or not.
        Hi Edna

I was thinking of getting
        Stoli Vodka
        Bacadi Rum
        Crown Royal
        Absolut Raspberry
        Corona

MaryS
        WE ARE MARRIED!!

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

try this website. I don't think I have the price list that my WC sent me, but this can give you an idea.

http://www.elcoyul.c.../precio-dat.htm

#5 MaryS

MaryS
          • 313 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:01 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amyh
            try this website. I don't think I have the price list that my WC sent me, but this can give you an idea.

http://www.elcoyul.c.../precio-dat.htm
            Thanks amyh! This will help. I am planning on having my wedding at Mayan Palace too.

MaryS
            WE ARE MARRIED!!

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MaryS
              Thanks amyh! This will help. I am planning on having my wedding at Mayan Palace too.

MaryS
              Great choice! Are you using Prisar? If so, I thought the prices for alcohol was reasonable, if not cheap. We paid about $1000 for 175 guests/ 7 hour corkage fee for heavy, heavy drinkers lol.

#7 MaryS

MaryS
              • 313 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                Great choice! Are you using Prisar? If so, I thought the prices for alcohol was reasonable, if not cheap. We paid about $1000 for 175 guests/ 7 hour corkage fee for heavy, heavy drinkers lol.

I am using Vallarta Wedd Planners. We will only have about 40-50 people, I hope =)
                WE ARE MARRIED!!

#8 edna

edna
                • Site Supporter
                • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

Quote:
                  The $1000 was for the alcohol right? what did you offered Amy? I want Rum, Whiskey, Vodka , Tequila and some ABC shots , plus the mojito/margarita bar at the cocktail hour...

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by edna
                    The $1000 was for the alcohol right? what did you offered Amy? I want Rum, Whiskey, Vodka , Tequila and some ABC shots , plus the mojito/margarita bar at the cocktail hour...
                    Our list included...

Bottled Beer: Coronitas and Modelo
                    Rum: Light and Solera Bacardi
                    Tequila
                    Vodka
                    Red and White Wine
                    Blue Margs for the cocktail hour
                    Cranberry Juice (Mayan does not have this)

#10 beach_knot

beach_knot
                    • 57 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

A little off subject...

Amy my FI and I absolutely LOVE your personalized Tequila bottles!! Would you mind sharing where you had these done? And how much they cost??

So allow me introduce myself BTW...I'm a noob with my heart set on the Mayan (Marina) for April 2009. I am sooooo happy I became a member of this forum. After reading all of the wonderful reviews about the Mayan, Prisar and Wright Travel Agency I feel more confident in moving forward with our wedding planning.

Thanks for sharing so much information for others, like my FI and I, to view!! We can't thank you enough!!

Rachel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users