Photo

Are OOTs a must? What are alternatives?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

ooh I love this thread! I would love to do OOT bags...however all the little items would cost a fortune to put together in a bag for all our guests...plus I just don't know how much they would...so just can't justify spending lots of money on the bags. And I don't plan on giving favours out either...purely because I don't want to carry anything over with us....sooo....I was pretty much just ignoring this part of the planning and was going to worry about it nearer the time...because that is the one thing i have...time!lol

But I love love love a few of the ideas been thrown about on this thread...like the spa vouchers...MP's spa facilities are apparently really good..so I think all our adults would love that....then the underwater cameras for the younger guests....I just think these ideas are genious!! Honestly...what would we all do without this forum!?

And I'm thinking I'll do a welcome booklet too....I'm thinking the guests would love this, and means its something I can prepare myself...ok...with a little help from you guys along the way!

xxxxxxxx

#22 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by albertabride
      BTW can you enter you guests rooms in advance to place these, or will you have to pay the hotel to do this for you
      I too would love to know about how to get the OOT gift into the rooms....

#23 JamaicaBride2009

JamaicaBride2009
      • 88 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

My FI and I are not doing OOT bags. FIrst, I have to admit, I didn't even know what one was until I logged on to this site... duh!

Now that I know, we decided that we really just don't want to mess with them. We are trying to keep things as simple as possible. As a way to say "thank you" to our guests, we did order beach towels with a design, our names, and our wedding date embroidered on the bottom. We figure, everyone can always use another beach towel, right?

I don't have them yet, they haven't been shipped, but I am planning to post a pic as my wedding date comes closer.
        Jodi

#24 Virg

Virg
        • 684 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

K I am slow....
          to me when I read OOT bag, I read LOOT bag. WHAT DOES OOT stand for

Anyway, I love the welcome brochure with a timeline of optional activities!

Question: What about those that gave personalized cups to their guests? Were they used / appreciated ?

Thanks for the input!
          Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
          Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#25 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:02 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Virg
            K I am slow....
            to me when I read OOT bag, I read LOOT bag. WHAT DOES OOT stand for
            LOL! Well I guess loot would be a good name for them too. It actually stand for out of town.

#26 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NJ_bride
              Since most of my 45 guests are travelers I'm doing more of a welcome gift than OOT bags. I'm using disposable gift bags I decorated that way people can throw them away if they don't want them. Inside I am putting a small bottle of rum, local coffee, and a coffee scoop, with a short welcome letter. I only have to bring the bags and scoops. The coffee and rum I am getting in Jamaica (delivered from a local company to me at the resort)I am really worried about luggage space so the less I had to bring the better!
              I really want to do something like this- do you mind sharing the company's name?

#27 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

I think you can do what ever you want! But, since your friends/family are going out of there way to be there for you... it is a good idea to recognize that is some shape or form.
                If you are wanting to find things locally make sure you either have the time to go before people get there or have someone at the resort (ie WC) help you out.
                Another idea I had is to do a simple thank you and welcome card/packet delivered to them when they arrive, then pick up the expenses for an activity such as a boat cruise, salsa instructor, fishing, massage, etc. Depends upon the budget!

#28 Virg

Virg
                • 684 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by adias.angel
                  LOL! Well I guess loot would be a good name for them too. It actually stand for out of town.
                  I like Loot bag better
                  Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                  Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#29 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
                  • 1,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

I have a question for those who actually made OOT bags and carried all of the stuff with them...Did you need a whole extra suitcase?? I plan on doing a bag or each of my guests with a Beach towel (Monogramed) and other little things they may need...But all I keep thinking about is all the suit cases I am going to need. Was it hectic getting it all there and then putting them together?
                    I'm also making my bouquets and bouts and god knows what else....Center pieces maybe? I dunno, but I am gonna need alot of suit cases aren't I?
                    I better tell my FI to pack lite!! hahahahaha
                    Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                    My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#30 jenluvsmike

jenluvsmike
                    • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

For the longest time, FH and I were planning on doing OOT bags as well...and just like most of you, I was beginning to stress about what to put in them, how to make them different for single guys and single girls, and how the heck we were going to actually get them there - I'm sure they'd fill up a suitcase on their own!
                      So, after reading another post recently, we decided to make a welcome book and have printed tee's for everyone! After reading all your ideas on this post, I also really like the thought of having the underwater cameras, CDs, and little shot glasses and such.

Anyone have any good luck with personalized mugs - to hold your guests' beer and other bevi's?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users