Are OOTs a must? What are alternatives?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#111 pzl101

pzl101
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Italy2013 

We are sending our guests a package with a note expressing our excitement that they are joining us in Italy for the wedding. In the package we will send luggage tags, electricity converters, to do guides for Rome and Florence (our excursions for the wedding week) blow up neck pillows and money belts.

wow, Italy!Those are great ideas for OOT package! I was in Montepulciano a few years ago - what a beautiful place. Are you getting married in a vineyard?

#112 Italy2013

Italy2013
    • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

No, we are getting married in the town square at 5pm and then walking to our reception at the other end of the town with 3 strolling musicians playing traditional Italian music. I can't wait!

#113 Snoopy129

Snoopy129
      • 158 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

No, we are getting married in the town square at 5pm and then walking to our reception at the other end of the town with 3 strolling musicians playing traditional Italian music. I can't wait!

sounds so awesome! and your welcome pack will be so super useful to your guests! congrats!

#114 pzl101

pzl101
        • 281 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

that sounds soo cool!!! that feels very "italian"! I was in Siena during a festival with a parade through the streets and everyone was out in their doorways etc cheering and being in a happy celebratory mood.

I can so picture that for you!

#115 zeman321

zeman321
          • 280 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

That sounds amazing! How fun for you and your guests!

#116 zeman321

zeman321
            • 280 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

We are sending our guests a package with a note expressing our excitement that they are joining us in Italy for the wedding. In the package we will send luggage tags, electricity converters, to do guides for Rome and Florence (our excursions for the wedding week) blow up neck pillows and money belts.

We are planning to do something similar, The wedding is in Mexico, so we plan to send out luggage tags, a Corona or two, some Mexican candy, along with typical OOT bag stuff with a letter sayinf how excited we are that they will be joining us.

#117 jenvens7

jenvens7
              • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

I think that I'm going to have a simple wedding ceremony and reception, since it's extremely expensive to add on ANYTHING! Our guests are spending thousands of $$$'s to come to our wedding, so we are going ALL OUT on their favors and OOT bags. I'd rather get them something that they can use during their trip AND when they go back home instead of decor that we pay for but can't take home with us....get the picture?! 

#118 Sehausle

Sehausle
                • 156 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

Packing and customs have some limitations & were at an all inclusive which makes getting snacks, food etc. kind of silly since they can get snacks or bottled water for free. Instead, I put together a little (quart sized) survival kit that has some goodies like tissues, mini-lint roller hand santizer, chapstick, sunscreen etc. in it. The idea is they have these toilitiries if they forgot them at home but they could also use them for another trip. I bought a lot on sale and made my own toppers so I spent less than $90 for 24 of them. They are too casual for favors so were handing them out ourselves at our Welcome Happy Hour the day before the wedding when most people arrive. Were also doing little favors too at the wedding so between the two of these things I think that's plenty. We are also asking for no gifts - which should help the financial situation for those spending money to arrive.

#119 Make2dayAmazing

Make2dayAmazing
                  • 164 posts
                  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
                  • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Great thread and was helpful!

#120 Kyliewylie

Kyliewylie
                  • 153 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Now Amber
                  • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

thanks for the ideas on what to include - i think it's worth doing to let people know how much you appreciate the time and money they spent coming to see you get married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users