Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 PrettyPeaches

PrettyPeaches
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

sunstarsmoon, you have to be careful about how you read reviews.. I have stayed a numerous places that have gotten bad reviews and loved the place.. also pay attention to who is posting.. canadians vs americans

#12 jamaica08

jamaica08
    • 34 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:30 PM

Oh my, I really hope that I did not sway your decision... When we made our decision it was almost a year ago and since then I think that many more weddings have happened there. Ironically, I just ran into a friend who I hadn't seen in years who recently got married there - she had a small wedding, less than 10 people, but said it was great. I specifically asked about the beach - she said that there were two beaches and the one further down, I guess you have to walk just a little bit, was a better beach. So, at least you have a choice. I decided against it because a year ago they were transitioning wedding coordinators, cost and it was still a fairly new hotel (ie. construction still being done). It was tough to resist that beautiful gazebo though....

I agree with prettypeaches, it's tough how to take reviews - some people are harder to please sometimes - I think as long as your have the right company, you can make a good time out of nothing...

#13 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

You did not sway my decision, I had viewed some pics on travel advisor that I was not to impressed with. I know the beaches in Jamaica are not like you would get in Varadero etc. The gazebo is very beautiful at Gran Bahia Principe from all the pic I have viewed. My mind was not totally set on Gran Bahia anyways. So no worries :).

Chris
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#14 toesinsand30

toesinsand30
        • 82 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

Congrats everyone and happy planning, im hoping to choose GBP but there are so many great choices out there that I think anyone getting married in Jamica would be happy with

October 18, 2011 Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          I married my bestfriend with 60 of our closest family and friends

and I would do it all over again :D

#15 Espejo2be

Espejo2be
          • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hello,
            My name is Sarah. My FI and I got engaged in June and were planning a Newfoundland wedding but decided seeing our families were from opposit ends of the country that we'd meet somewhere in the middle... we're getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - Runaway Bay on August 8th, 2011!!

Welcome everyone, happy planning!!! :)

#16 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
            • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

I am also planning on getting married here if the coordinator ever gets back to me can you pretty please post pics of yur wedding when you get back

Originally Posted by Espejo2be 

Hello,
              My name is Sarah. My FI and I got engaged in June and were planning a Newfoundland wedding but decided seeing our families were from opposit ends of the country that we'd meet somewhere in the middle... we're getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - Runaway Bay on August 8th, 2011!!

Welcome everyone, happy planning!!! :)

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#17 ShellyCarter

ShellyCarter
              • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

I got engage at gran bahia principe jamaica

its a nice resort, i loved every bit of it.

the people were soo nice and the  resort was very clean.

Married! xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users