#21 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paddlegurl
    Love the fans with the cute little tag...hope you don't mind us stealing these ideas!

Thanks for posting the pictures!
    That's why I post them...steal away!

#22 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Sarah great job! You must be so happy to get some stuff out of the way.

The fans you did, those are the ones I was talking about in another thread that I had such a hard time describing, I think I was describing them for Jackie, they came out so good!

speaking of jackie, where is she?

#23 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jilly76
        Sarah great job! You must be so happy to get some stuff out of the way.

The fans you did, those are the ones I was talking about in another thread that I had such a hard time describing, I think I was describing them for Jackie, they came out so good!

speaking of jackie, where is she?
        I think someone said she has 3 jobs.. she must be really busy..

#24 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NurseSarah
          I'm just checking off one thing after another off the DIY paper projects list this week...

I made my programs using Aylee's template. Here's her website: Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm sure this has alrady come up ... but so many pages to try to read through ... so, how did you cut these? I will need to make several dozen, so not sure if I'm up for hand-cutting all of these pages. But I LOVE them! Suggestions?

#25 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

I'd highly recommend investing in a paper cutter if you're doing a lot of DIY projects...you can cut all the long lines with the paper cutter, and the round lines by hand. These are a bit of a PITA to cut out :)

#26 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NurseSarah
              I'd highly recommend investing in a paper cutter if you're doing a lot of DIY projects...you can cut all the long lines with the paper cutter, and the round lines by hand. These are a bit of a PITA to cut out :)
              Can you make any recommendations? We have a regular paper cutter at work, but do you use anything special for the round edges ... or just bring a lot of patience to the table with you that day?

#27 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

Lots of free time in front of the tv was spent cutting those round edges. I never found an easy way. That's the problem with these, but I think the overall look is worth it. You also don't really need as many pages as mine had...they look totally fine with 3 or 4, especially if you have a ton to make.

#28 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

Do you know anything about rotary cutters? Wonder if those do the round edges easier than regular scissors? (I'm new to the world of DIY, but am loving it!)

#29 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

I've just never been very good with one, I'm more coordinated with plain old scissors! Plus, it's thick paper, so it's not like you can do multiple layers. Sorry, no help with that one!

#30 Christine

Christine
                    • VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    Do you know anything about rotary cutters? Wonder if those do the round edges easier than regular scissors? (I'm new to the world of DIY, but am loving it!)
                    Tami, since I had 100 programs to cut out and mine were about 6 pages plus cover and back, I had to cut out 800 blades, my hubby and I went to the craft store and wound up getting oval templates and a free hand cutter to cut them all out. If you have a ton to do, me recommendation is not to do the fan shape and come up with something that has a template.
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users