Jump to content

Photo

Sunset Time for Cabo San Lucas


  • Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 KARLA

KARLA
  • Jr. Member
  • 373 posts

    Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:34 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
    thanks for the link, Karla. Per that calendar, DST begins the second Sunday in March. I think that is when the US switches. I guess Mexico is going along with the US on that one?!?!
    I hope that was not a question for me! I have no clue... Do you have a wedding planner? If not, do we need to find this all out for you guys?

    #32 A10CalGal

    A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

      Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KARLA
      I hope that was not a question for me! I have no clue... Do you have a wedding planner? If not, do we need to find this all out for you guys?

      I think at this point we have now come full circle from where this thread started! The big question really is - "will Mexico follow suite when the US leaps forward early next year?" See the response I got from Maye above. I'm planning on sunset being around 7:30 pm for March.

      #33 NABUMBAH

      NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

        Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

        Karla - no that wasn't directed at you.

        Christa - I got the same answer as you did from my planner. I am going to email the Mexican Consulate or somethiing. this is frusterating !

        #34 A10CalGal

        A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

          Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
          Karla - no that wasn't directed at you.

          Christa - I got the same answer as you did from my planner. I am going to email the Mexican Consulate or somethiing. this is frusterating !
          Yeah, this is like freaking brain surgery! I have a feeling this will all become much clearer as we approach DST because it will be a major topic of discussion in the news I'm guessing...unfortunately for you & me that may not be soon enough.

          #35 NABUMBAH

          NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

            Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:51 PM

            Hey Christa,

            I emailed someone from visitmexico.com and this was my answer:

            Quote:
            Thank you for visiting www.visitmexico.com. Below you will find the information you requested.

            The Daylight Saving Time starts in Mexico usually on the first Sunday of April. And, indeed, the sunset will occur around 6:30 PM. However, we suggest that you stay in touch with us for any changes that may occur in this event. We remain at your services for any doubt you may have.

            For any further information in the USA or Canada, please call 1-800-44-MEXICO (1-800-446-3942).

            Thank you for your interest in Mexico.
            So I am going to stick with 6:30

            #36 TOESNTHESND

            TOESNTHESND
            • Jr. Member
            • 486 posts

              Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:05 AM

              I was just lookingover my confirmation sheet from my WC and it says the ceremony starts at 6:00pm. Our wedding is in October, 2007.

              #37 KARLA

              KARLA
              • Jr. Member
              • 373 posts

                Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:37 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
                Karla - no that wasn't directed at you.

                Christa - I got the same answer as you did from my planner. I am going to email the Mexican Consulate or somethiing. this is frusterating !
                Ha ha, I knew that

                #38 Natalie Z

                Natalie Z
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,430 posts

                  Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:14 PM

                  So sorry to bring this up again! When i was talking with the minister he told me that sunset will be around 8pm june 2007. He told me that if i get married at 6 or 6:30 it would be way to hot! He told me to get married at 7pm and that i would still have plenty of light for pictures? I asked him about daylight savings time and he said the sun won't set until 8pm!!! did anyone figure this out for sure yet?

                  #39 NABUMBAH

                  NABUMBAH
                  • VIP Member
                  • 931 posts

                    Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:39 PM

                    hi Natalie,

                    Daylight Saving occurs the second week of April in Mexico. It will be earlier in the US. 8pm sounds about right for June - it's the longest month of the year.

                    #40 LCBride2007

                    LCBride2007

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

                      Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Natalie M
                      So sorry to bring this up again! When i was talking with the minister he told me that sunset will be around 8pm june 2007. He told me that if i get married at 6 or 6:30 it would be way to hot! He told me to get married at 7pm and that i would still have plenty of light for pictures? I asked him about daylight savings time and he said the sun won't set until 8pm!!! did anyone figure this out for sure yet?
                      Now I am nervous! My ceremony will likely be in early June around 6pm - will I be sweating buckets? That's SO not the look I am going for! I am getting married in Puerto Vallarta, but I assume the average temp. is all the same. I may need to rethink this ...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users