Photo

I Think My Invitations are Finally Done! What do you think?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

Wow, it seems like this was the weekend for DIY projects! Ann & I must have been on the same wavelength or something...lol

Anyway, here they are at long last. I seriously need to get these out in the mail this week, so I'm hoping FI will like them when I show him tonight. I'm a little undecided about the ribbon on the front, but everything else I'm pretty set on. Nonetheless, please leave honest feedback and comments as I've only completed one and am still able to make changes! I have all the paper cut out and ready to go, so if this passes FI's inspection and you all think it looks ok it will be very simple to assemble and get in the mail...

Thanks to Christa for the inspiration and templates- you're a lifesaver Christa!

The pictures don't show the colors very well, so just in case you can't tell, it is all metallic paper- onyx metallic pocketfold invitation from Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
    • Banned
    • 386 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

Wow - so pretty! You did a great job.

#3 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

Great Job!! I love the card pocket idea!!!

#4 leigh miller

leigh miller
        • 936 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

sarah - i really like them. to be honest i can see the ribbon being red/maroon. i think id prefer the ivory even if you had the other. make sure you take one with you for your photographer to take pics :)

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

wow - those came out GREAT! i love them - not sure i'd change anything! and i love the look of the brads - it just adds a nice finished touch. i might actually fine tune mine based on some of the details you have in your invites!

as for the ribbon - i think it looks great. the only thing i'd try is maybe folding the edge of the ribbon so it looks more "finished" but not sure you really need to do that, or if it would look any better.

awesome job!

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:54 PM

Sarah!! OMG, those look fantastic! I love the brad detailing on all of the pieces. I'm so glad my templates helped you...lets also thank Karla who originally shared hers w/me. Great job girl!

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Great job, they really did turn out awesome..

#8 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

Sarah, I love them!! They are so cute! I Really like everything! I don't think the ribbon looks bad at all. I'm doing these as well, I just haven't started yet. Now I'm very excited seeing yours! thanks for sharing! They look awesome!

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Natalie M
                    Sarah, I love them!! They are so cute! I Really like everything! I don't think the ribbon looks bad at all. I'm doing these as well, I just haven't started yet. Now I'm very excited seeing yours! thanks for sharing! They look awesome!
                    Make sure to hit Christa or me up for the templates when you start...saves alot of formatting time!

#10 Christine

Christine
                    • VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

they look great. I like all the brads and the sparkly look to the paper. and the ribbon in front is great. we have a band going around ours and there is a little circular thing with our monogram on it to cover the place where the two ends meet? could you do something like that if you are still unsure about the brads.
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users