Photo

Henna or Mendhi Artist

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 NKwed

NKwed
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I just had my Indian wedding in Cancun and found the best henna artist who also does a new mineral art technique which is beautiful!! I would recommend her to everyone her name is Ingrid from Inmar Body Art (inmarbodyart@yahoo.com). She's absolutely fantastic! We offered our guests choice of Indian henna or her mineral art and everyone liked mineral art more...it's unique & colorful, can add glitter & crystals, dries instantly and is waterproof! I have attached a pic of my feet with mineral art but indian henna design. Hope this helps! I know it can be hard to find a henna artist in Mexico but Ingrid was a lifesaver! Posted Image

#22 DanielleJasmine

DanielleJasmine
    • Site Supporter
    • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

Here's who I'm going with for my wedding in Jamaica (below). As far as all my research as shown me, there were only two options and the other Artist is actually going away to school so she isn't available anymore. Shakira, however, does this professionally. I will review her work after my wedding in September. Hope this helps...

-Mendhi Artist: Shakira Kang

876-884-3462

shakirakang@yahoo.com

http://www.facebook.com/KiranSMehndi

#23 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Congrats to all past and future Brides!!! Wishing you every happiness on your journeys, and that all your dreams come true!!!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#24 Jenn Needham

Jenn Needham
        • 49 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Thanks so much!  I just contacted Ingrid and am super excited about doing this party! 
          YOU are a life safer! 

#25 Jenn Needham

Jenn Needham
          • 49 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

I realize this thread is old but I had one hell of a time finding a Mendhi artist for our wedding.

Luckily, a family friend was able to find Veronica and pass her info on to me.

Here is Veronica's information.

Veronica de la Paz Artista Plastico. Cell - 998-2305605, 998-2520396. verodelapaz@gmail.com.

#26 WhitneyThomas

WhitneyThomas
            • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

I would LOVE this information!  Do you still have it?

Thank you!

Whitney

#27 minivan2

minivan2
              • 11 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 31, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta
              • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hi! I just wanted to revive this topic in case any new information has come up. We are getting married in Puerto Vallarta and I'd love it if we could do a mehndi party at the resort! Plus most of my friends don't live in my hometown so I can't even really have a party at home :(. Thanks for the info!

#28 minivan2

minivan2
              • 11 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 31, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta
              • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hi! I just wanted to revive this topic in case any new information has come up. We are getting married in Puerto Vallarta and I'd love it if we could do a mehndi party at the resort! Plus most of my friends don't live in my hometown so I can't even really have a party at home :(. Thanks for the info!

in case anyone is interested, my resort in puerto vallarta (now amber) found someone! but for some weird reason I can't talk to this person directly. they seem arite tho. i'm not south asian so i'm not picky, just as long as it doesn't burn a hole in my skin! :P in any case, i'll post the artist's info here if i ever get it.

#29 reynbow

reynbow
              • Site Supporter
              • 36 posts
              • Wedding Date:February 14, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
              • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

I'm reviving this thread now, as I'm looking for a henna artist for my wedding at Azul Fives.  Karisma/Lomas has one vendor, but I saw samples of their work and it is NOT authentic Indian.  Back in April, I did have the opportunity to meet Ingrid from Inmar Body Art and she did a quick simple trial on one of my hands to show me her mineral art.  And even though she's not Indian, her technique is much better than Lomas' vendor.  I could send a pic of my hand if anyone wants it.

#30 biesea81

biesea81
              • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:25 PM

Hi everyone!! 

I am resurrecting this thread from 2014 to see if any indian/sikh weddings are happening in Cancun/Mayan Riviera. What are you ladies doing for mehndi?? 

I am getting married at Generations Mayan Riviera and I agree with @reynbow that Lomas travel has a non-indian henna artist. I am looking for traditional. I trying to find a cost effective option and would love some options and feedback. 

1. has anyone used Veronica La Paz? what was she like - she seems to be the vendor for hard rock cancun

2. @reynbow - what did you do in the end?? Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users