How long are chair sashes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I just trying searching for chair sashes but I'm coming up empty so I need some help!

I'm planning on making chair sashes in our wedding colour. How long should they be though? And do certain fabrics work better? Should I use stiffer fabric or something flimsy?

#2 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

Most of them are at least 72" (6 ft) others are 96" (8 ft).

Widths will also vary between 6 and 12 inches.

The size and fabric will depend on your final look. The longer they are, the larger the bow or longer the tails.

If you use a soft fabric like chiffon, the bows will be really limp. Satin can be shaped as can a starched organza.

I hope that helped! LOL

#3 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
      • 151 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

I plan on bringing my own chair bows as well. I just bought 6" wide organza ribbon and am planning on using that. You can find many colors on e-bay or if you just do a search on google or yahoo. They also have this in 6" or 12" in tulle. I thought this would be much simplier than trying to sew satin. It is also very economical compared to renting them at your destination.

#4 joliebrad20

• 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:45 AM

6 inch x 106 inches or 8 inch x 108 inches sizes are available. take one. it will useful to you

Chair Sashes, Chair Covers, Organza and Satin Bags Supplier in United States. Tulle Fabric and Ribbons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users