Photo

How to Customize AHR Favor

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kay726

kay726
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could customize the mallets that I will be giving away as a favor for my ahr/crabcrack? To get it engraved will be pretty expensive but I am worried that if i print out a clear lable to put on the handle that the label will smudge.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

I would think the clear label would be your best bet. I don't think once the ink dries that it will smudge..

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

you can also buy an engraver yourself - i don't know how expensive they are, but i think you can get them for pretty reasonable. and maybe check into getting them engraved - it might not be that much $$! maybe check your local craft store or craig's list to find a local craftsman.

#4 kay726

kay726
        • 218 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by akh
          you can also buy an engraver yourself - i don't know how expensive they are, but i think you can get them for pretty reasonable. and maybe check into getting them engraved - it might not be that much $$! maybe check your local craft store or craig's list to find a local craftsman.
          Thank you. Do you have any recomendations for where I could buy an engraver?

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

I don't really - but I know when I was shopping for the paper to make my invitations I was at a local craft store called Pearls Art Supplies or something. They had everything - and everyone was so helpful, and I am fairly certain I saw wood engaving supplies there. It's worth checking out.

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

I recently purchased one at Michaels... they had a lot to choose from too.
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#7 kay726

kay726
              • 218 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=Nini_Bride;48395]I recently purchased one at Michaels... they had a lot to choose from too.[/QUOTE

Wonderful, is there a certain aisle that you were in like scrapbooking? I get so lost in that store. I will check today since I will be near the store later. I am so excited!! Thank you all.

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

Ya, I'm pretty sure I was in the aisle with the pre-made woodwork (birdhouses, mini mailboxes etc) and woodburning kits. Be careful though, they had different 'levels' to purchase, depending on experience. I guess you can go into some pretty mad detail when engraving!
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

What about a dremmil (?? spelling)

#10 kay726

kay726
                    • 218 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

I did see the engravers at Micheals and I am afraid that I am not that talented. So I think I will just keep it simple and tie a customized tag like the one below to the label with some red curling ribbon, otherwise, I think I will end up on the psych ward if I tried to engrave the 100 plus mallets that I will have. But thank you so much for all of your help!

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users