Photo

Hair and make up (ROR)?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 blurt

blurt
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:46 AM

Hi does anyone know if there is someone on site at Riu ocho rios who can do my hair and make up on the day ? My friend was going to do it for me but she has fell pregnant and won't be going, so now I'm panicking.

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

Renova spa provides hair and makeup services and is located on site. I can't find all the information, but its on here if you search.

Here is their price list but I think its for Negril, not ROR. Should be similar though:

http://www.renovaspa......Club Riu.pdf

#3 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
      • 215 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

I had my hair and make up done at Renova Spa. The girls there were fantastic. Bring along a picture of how you would like your hair done and I would recommend bringing your own make up like foundation and mascara and have them apply it for you. They have a lot of make up there and use disposable brushes when possible. Oh, and if you plan on having flowers in your hair, don't forget to order them through Chandlyn in your planning session!

#4 dinzers

dinzers
        • 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hiya!

How far in advance did you book your appointment for your wedding day? Is there someone specific you used or can recommend?
          Josh & Denise
          May 2009

#5 J&M

J&M
          • 173 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by dinzers
            Hiya!

How far in advance did you book your appointment for your wedding day? Is there someone specific you used or can recommend?

Hi

I booked my appointment about 3 mths. or so. When you book it online you get 5% off and you have to pay 50% thru Paypal

as one of the other girls on here mentioned I took a pic with me to show them how i wanted it to look

#6 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I didn't book my appt until I got there. I made sure that I did it on the day that I arrived just in case they were booked, but they weren't. My MOH went there with me the day of the wedding & they were able to also do my FG's hair with no problems.

#7 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
              • 215 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:11 AM

I booked my appointment when I got confirmation of our wedding which was about 4 months in advance. As far as requesting a certain individual to do your hair and makeup, well, i'm not sure you can. The spa is pretty small and I'm not sure how many girls actually work there. I believe the name of the girl that did our hair and makeup was Nicole and Karine did our manicure/pedicure.

#8 jennifer24

jennifer24
                • 50 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hi,
                  We purchased the Caprice Wedding package which includes hairstyle for the bride. Does that automatically mean they book the appointment for you? Does anyone know?

Jenn

#9 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

I am doing a hair trial here with my hairdresser (and taking a bunch of pics) and then going for a fitting of my dress to see if it looks good.
                    I will have the ladies in Jamaica try to copy what she did :)
                    I think it should work out fine.
                    Might book my appt before leaving for Jamaica though.

#10 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                    • 813 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

Thats a good idea! Do a hair trial and then go try on my dress. Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users