Jump to content
Bianca

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Aug,

I'm excited and nervous for you. It's going to be amazing, I'm sure. One tip I read from a destination bride was to provide everyone with a schedule of where the bride and groom will be throughout the weekend. For example, which restaurant you'll be eating at or bar you will be lounging at. Because then they have the choice to hang out or not and the bride and groom don't have to try and spread their time equally because the guests will find you.

 

Also, if any guests are unhappy w/ accommadations/etc even though you'll probably feel responsible, DON'T. Have one of your bridal party/parents help or refer to general manager etc. You don't need that stress.

 

Good luck w/ everything. Can't wait for the pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0208 View Post
For those of you who already got married at DPA, did you take anything for the reception as far as decorations go?! I asked this probably 8 or 9 months ago but since we've had lots of ladies get married since then I thought I would ask again....
Also, any advice? We have 65 people coming and I am starting to get a bit nervous...I feel like all of our family/friends' vacation is in our hands!! I know it's technically not, but I want to make sure everything runs smoothly! I just emailed Jacy a ton of questions!! Hope to hear back from her very soon...thanks for listening!!
I brought chair sashes, table overlays, centerpieces, menus for the reception. I also purchased maracas in Playa del Carmen as favors. Sandra took care of setting everything up for me.

Don't be nervous! Everything is going to be amazing. I was totally nervous but once I stepped foot at the resort I went into total vacation mode. The resort is small enough that you will run into your guests left and right. Don't feel bad if you don't get to hang out with everyone...if you do it will just stress you out because you're going to be calculating how much time you spent with so-and-so versus so-and-so and you probably won't enjoy your vacation. Most of the couples that were guests at our wedding wanted to have their own alone time and also give DH and I our alone time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginalyn View Post
I brought chair sashes, table overlays, centerpieces, menus for the reception. I also purchased maracas in Playa del Carmen as favors. Sandra took care of setting everything up for me.

Don't be nervous! Everything is going to be amazing. I was totally nervous but once I stepped foot at the resort I went into total vacation mode. The resort is small enough that you will run into your guests left and right. Don't feel bad if you don't get to hang out with everyone...if you do it will just stress you out because you're going to be calculating how much time you spent with so-and-so versus so-and-so and you probably won't enjoy your vacation. Most of the couples that were guests at our wedding wanted to have their own alone time and also give DH and I our alone time.
Hi there!
Did they have options available already there for centerpieces, chair sashes and overlays and you chose to bring your own or if I don't bring my own am I screwed? Sorry, I emailed Jacy this weekend about this too, but I haven't heard from her yet...that makes sense to a/b spending time with people. I need to keep reminding myself of these things!! =)
Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aug0208 View Post
Did they have options available already there for centerpieces, chair sashes and overlays and you chose to bring your own or if I don't bring my own am I screwed?
I think they do have options for centerpieces and other decorations listed on their website or the wedding pricing list. It was more cheaper for me to bring my own decorations than to use the resort's so that's why I brought my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY! I LEAVE TOMORROW!

I wanted to thank everyone on the BDW forum who has been so helpful in my planning process. I have gotten so many ideas and helpful information from you all! I am taking my laptop and will post occasionally from DPA. If there is anything I can check in to or find out for anyone, let me know and I will do my best.

I will post a full review when I get back. Thanks again.....can't believe it is finally time! YAY! I am so excited!!! smile29.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginalyn View Post
I think they do have options for centerpieces and other decorations listed on their website or the wedding pricing list. It was more cheaper for me to bring my own decorations than to use the resort's so that's why I brought my own.
Thank you so much! I'm starting to look into centerpieces I can take with me as well. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I'm so sorry to hear this  Did you have a signed contract with him? What did he or the contract say the turn around time be? If it is way past the deadline, you have made several documented attempts to contact him, and he has broken your contract and failed to produce what has been promised, you could resort to writing an online review of your experience -- often times, that motivates vendors who've dropped the ball to rectify the situation because it affects other potential clients. 
    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...