Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#551 RoryS

RoryS
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

My niece ordered chair bows from WeddingLinensDirect in fuschia. Unfortunately, when they arrived; they were really more of a shade of red and don't match the overlays at all. She did say they are very good quality, however. Unfortunately, there is a 35% percent restocking fee, so it costs $20 (all-in-all) for basically - nothing... It is so hard to tell from websites what the colors are like. I ordered fans and the fuschia appeared to be a very deep almost red color and when they arrived; they are truly fuschia.

#552 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
    • 48 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

Does anyone know where the screen for the movies on the beach is located?

I just learned that the world series will be going on while we are down there for my wedding. Dreams does this cool thing: "World Series: Guests will enjoy this great American tradition on the large beachside movie screen while cheering from a lounge chair with their favorite snacks and buckets of beer!"

I actually think this is a really cool idea. But, I am slightly worried. I know the actual ceramony and the coctail hour will be way over by the time the game starts. I was thinking about having my reception on the beach but now I am rethinking my decision! I guess I would rather not have my reception right next to the cheering sports fans!

Anyway, any idea about where they set up at so I can choose a reception location farther away, as opposed to right next to it?

#553 RoryS

RoryS
      • 230 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jesdinan

I just learned that the world series will be going on while we are down there for my wedding. Dreams does this cool thing: "World Series: Guests will enjoy this great American tradition on the large beachside movie screen while cheering from a lounge chair with their favorite snacks and buckets of beer!"

I actually think this is a really cool idea. But, I am slightly worried. I know the actual ceramony and the coctail hour will be way over by the time the game starts. I was thinking about having my reception on the beach but now I am rethinking my decision! I guess I would rather not have my reception right next to the cheering sports fans!

Anyway, any idea about where they set up at so I can choose a reception location farther away, as opposed to right next to it?
        That is too funny - my husband would probably be with the fans!!! They kept announcing the Yankee scores at our wedding!!
        Yeah, I think as far away as possible would be good...

#554 lp579

lp579
        • 70 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:33 AM

Has anyone heard directly from Jacy about the cost of bringing an external photographer onto the property for the whole day? She'd responded to one of my e-mails by saying they'd have to be a guest at the hotel, and when I tried to clarify as to that being an overnight guest or a daily fee, she directed me to contact reservations. So I've sent someone(?!) an e-mail and have heard nothing back! Any help would be great!! Thanks =)

#555 lyales

lyales
          • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hi Ladies....

I just wanted to say goodbye I'm off tomorrow to Dreams for my wedding!!! I will have my computer but won't promise that I will get on =). I of course will tell you all everything once I get back. Talk to you soon.

#556 Bianca

Bianca
            • 1,057 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lyales
              Hi Ladies....

I just wanted to say goodbye I'm off tomorrow to Dreams for my wedding!!! I will have my computer but won't promise that I will get on =). I of course will tell you all everything once I get back. Talk to you soon.
              GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait til you come back and tell us how perfect everything was!
              19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
              http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#557 aaronsgirl

aaronsgirl
              • 134 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lyales
                Hi Ladies....

GOOD LUCK! Have a beautiful wedding and trip

#558 2010wedding

2010wedding
                • 203 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

Congrats and have a super time!!

#559 Elizabeth

Elizabeth
                  • 100 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

Have a wonderful trip! I am sure everything will be wonderful!
                    Elizabeth

#560 Blkatz

Blkatz
                    • 1,025 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jesdinan

When I was there they had some movies on the beach and it was right in front of the activity pool on the beach.
                      Hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users