Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2761 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

My wedding is in 2 weeks and we are also doing a buffet option - Jackie never mentioned a 40 people minimum.  Also I took out my cocktail hour.. I figured everyone can go to a bar on their own and in return Jackie is giving me an extra hour for our reception at no charge.  I'll let you know how it works out :)

#2762 ChelseyB

ChelseyB
    • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

are you using the hotel photogrpaher?  or someone else?

#2763 LindsayR

LindsayR
      • 173 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Photography is really important to me, so I am using an outside photographer (Gonzalo Nunez). He was wonderful about getting back to me, his photography is amazing, and he is reasonably priced. He is also doing a TTD session a few days after they wedding as well.

I was wondering if anybody had any pictures of the banquet hall during a wedding? I went to DPA a year ago, and it just looked really plain. However, I did not see it when it was decorated for a wedding. I really like the idea of having AC at the reception though!

Brides that have had there weddings on the beach...was it OK not having a dance floor? Was it really windy?

#2764 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
        • 24 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

I was way too nervous to go with the resort photographer so we're bringing a photographer down with us.  In our eyes spending the money for her to come with us and having 5 days of professional photos outweighed doing an outside photographer in Mexico.  Hopefully all goes well :)

#2765 Lovesnick

Lovesnick
          • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Are many of you bringing extra supplies for table settings and what not? I am not really picky of having matchy colors, will they include things like table runners, napkins, etc. or do we have to supply our own?

#2766 Lovesnick

Lovesnick
            • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Are many of you bringing extra supplies for table settings and what not? I am not really picky of having matchy colors, will they include things like table runners, napkins, etc. or do we have to supply our own?

#2767 ChelseyB

ChelseyB
              • 37 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

i read another post from another bride that said she brought her own table runners.  it was posted a while back though. 

#2768 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
                • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

They want to upcharge you for everything.. I bought table runners and chair sashes that I'm bringing.  I was able to fit all of my decorations into one suitcase which wasn't bad.  Once we get back in a few weeks I'll be selling my stuff to hopefully get the money back.  I just couldn't justify paying for every little thing down there.  I'm also bringing small cylinder vases and using those as my centerpieces with the girls bouquets in them.  Luckily I have 4 bridesmaids and will have four full tables of guests to make that work.

#2769 LindsayR

LindsayR
                  • 173 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

That's a great idea, Ashley. I really can't justify paying for the upcharges either. I am planning on buying table runners and sashes as well. Where did you get yours from?  I had Jacki quote me on centerpieces and they were crazy expensive! I love your idea of putting your bridesmaids bouquets in vases!!

#2770 Ashley 11 10 12

Ashley 11 10 12
                    • 24 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I bought almost everything off of Etsy! 

My table runners are burlap w/ turqouise ribbon and i got them here http://www.etsy.com/...LolaRoseDesigns

I bought my chair sashes from http://www.weddinglinensdirect.com/

I don't know what colors you have but when we get back... around Thanksgiving I'll post pictures :)

I was able to get the small cylinder vases at Hobby Lobby and gave each bridesmaid one to pack in her suitcase. 

I also did these for table numbers with a different photo on each one https://www.etsy.com...action/96598244

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users