We are getting married in 2 months! Woop woop! time is flying by,.....
Anyone else out there getting married the week of February 5-12???
I am being patient and even though Sandra as slowed down with her process time, she has given me almost everything I have asked for. They really are accommodating. If you ask for it, demand it (in a nice way), they usually give in!
Breakdown of our day:
40 guests. Ceremony is at 3 (i really wanted it at 5, until i realized the sun sets at 530 and there wont be enough light for photos afterwards. I am a wedding photographer myself, so the photos are kind of important to me lol. So our only other option was 3pm.) Then after the ceremony we will take formal photos with family and guests, mingle have champagne on the beach - then at 4:00 we will head off to do wedding group photos.
Cocktail hour 4:15-5:15, for the guests. then Reception starts at 530 (find your table, sit down, get a drink), Dinner starts at 5:45/6pm, Speeches/Toasts etc 7:15, first dance 730. Party gets started till 1130 *we are paying extra to dance away. i didnt want to go to a club on my wedding day, and figured ill be beat by 1130! lol
I am not doing the legal ceremony, as I didnt want to get the blood work, and pay $400 for the judge then the paper work afterwards> just seemed like a lot of hoops. Im not letting Canada decide when my anniversary is! A piece of paper doesnt make it legal in my eyes, just in my countries...So, Sandra put me in touch with the minister that will be doing the ceremony, and hes been great. Asked me what tone i wanted the ceremony to be etc.
Hair/Makeup: Styling Trio (I am still worried about my hair, cause im really picky about hair styles...But Adrian (who does the makeup) has been AMAZING at corresponding with me. Gave me amazing deals, and has put me at ease. I trust his work in makeup, hes great. I just need to stop worrying about the hair do
To answer your questions:
- I am not 100% sure about other cocktail hour locations. I too requested for Barracuda Bar, and have not been told that is extra. I believe other guests of the hotel can be there at that time thought, its not private. This might be the only place they HAVE their cocktail hour too, not 100% sure....
-I believe you have the choice of tables. I told her i wanted rounds, and she said they seat up to 10. I have seen photos of rectangle tables, from DPA as well, so im sure its up to you.
-We are having our reception by the adult pool as well, and NO kids are allowed there. We chose that location, because we dont have any kids joining us. She has mentioned this a few times to me.
-About 4 months before my wedding date, Sandra sent me a pdf with stuff to fill out and she told me what stuff she needed by when. Example: what food, etc. They really dont NEED things until pretty close to your date, im gathering. Ive read that when you get there and you have your sit down meeting with your coordinator, they go through everything. You go look at locations too, to make your final decisions. they get it done, dont worry. (at least, this is what im told too! lol)
Ive read somewhere on this forum that you actually get to look through a book of flowers when you get there, if you havent already decided. I sent her photos of my bouquet and what I want exactly.
Hope this helps. Any other questions I can answer, let me know!!!!
Originally Posted by Allie2012
Thanks zahpeck, you definitely helped me decide on what OOT items I should be getting!
Just a couple questions for the brides who are a little further along in the planning process than I am, and also because my WC won't answer my emails!
- Do you guys know what the options are for location of the cocktail hour? Is it possible to have it a Barracuda Bar, or would that consist of a rental fee for Barracuda?
- Does anyone know if we have the choice of round tables vs. rectangular tables for the reception, as I plan on ordering table runners for round tables.
- If we choose to have to reception by the adults only pool, are kids allowed over there for the wedding?
- And lastly.............did your WC give you a schedule of when decisions need to be made by. eg. when we have to decide on our dinner menu, flowers..........
Ok so I don't expect you guys to have all the answers, but if anyone can share any of this info I would greatly appreciate it!