Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#231 Bianca

Bianca
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,057 posts

    Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

    I haven't heard of Dreams Experts. I am booked with DD and all my family will probably book with them too. Irene has been great to work with. She is extremely responsive and is always there to answer any questions. I contacted 2 local TAs and their rates were almost double of DD. I could have contacted a BDW TA, but I wanted to keep everyone open to choose whatever they want. I'm not sure if Dreams Experts is providing private transfers, but that was something important to me. I want to go directly to DPA after our flight. I don't want to make other stops. I just decided to book everything individually. I got a 10% off code from American Airlines and we are using DD for the accomodations and possibly for private transfers also. If not I will go with Cancun Valet for private transfers. I guess my plus to DD is that they have a low rate that stays the same. It doesn't fluctuate day to day. It just stays low. I booked the honeymoon oceanview for 7 nights at $1991 (taxes included) Our airfare was $726 and round trip private transfers for up to 10 people is $135. So our 7 night stay in the Honeymoon Ocean View is $2852 (accomodations, airfare, transfers for everyone arriving with us). It would have been about $500 less if we stayed in the regular garden view room. It probably could have been better if we searched around a little more, but I think its good enough.


    Anyways... I just submitted a quote request to Dreams Experts and am asking them to match my rate with DD... Let you know how that goes.
    19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
    http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

    http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

    #232 bcbride

    bcbride
    • Jr. Member
    • 176 posts

      Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:07 AM

      Thank you Bianca for sharing the pics! The resort looks beautiful! I emailed DPA wanting some sample work of their "own" photographer and she sent me a pdf attachment, unfortunately the file is too big to post on here and she didn't give me the photographer's name. Let me know and I can email the file to you.
      Does anyone else know re: outdoor reception, how they would set up for a dance floor? Or if I wanted dancing, is my only option indoors? I have been looking at diff. travel sites and each ones gives a diff. "star"-rating for DPA. Is it a concern when it's rated 3 stars?

      #233 ~*~Margie~*~

      ~*~Margie~*~
      • Jr. Member
      • 291 posts

        Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:11 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by bcbride
        Thank you Bianca for sharing the pics! The resort looks beautiful! I emailed DPA wanting some sample work of their "own" photographer and she sent me a pdf attachment, unfortunately the file is too big to post on here and she didn't give me the photographer's name. Let me know and I can email the file to you.
        Does anyone else know re: outdoor reception, how they would set up for a dance floor? Or if I wanted dancing, is my only option indoors? I have been looking at diff. travel sites and each ones gives a diff. "star"-rating for DPA. Is it a concern when it's rated 3 stars?
        Jacy sent me the same file of photos I think, it looks like a collage. It came to me as a zip file and I had to convert it to see it. The name of the photographer that she gave me is Missele Morona (or something like that) its on one of the pages earlier in this thread. I googled him and couldn't find anything. She said he was the photog when they where Sunscape but they might change when they opened as Dreams, i haven't asked if they changed cause I decided to bring my own photographer now. From what I have heard about the beach reception area there is like a deck area next to it for dancing but I haven't confirmed that, but I asked Jacy for a picture of the beach reception area, if I get it, I will post it.

        #234 adnil

        adnil
        • Newbie
        • 31 posts

          Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

          wow the pics look awesome THanks Bianca!! I'm a little relieved now that it's finally open and things are starting to come along.

          #235 adnil

          adnil
          • Newbie
          • 31 posts

            Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:07 PM

            Hey Bianca, just for comparasion purposes, I'm from Vancouver, Cda and we booked via Sunwing and paid $1651 incl tax (air, hotel & transfers) for just a reg ocean view room as they didn't offer the honeymoon one.

            #236 aaronsgirl

            aaronsgirl
            • Newbie
            • 134 posts

              Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

              bcbride:
              Would you mind sending me the pdf Jacey sent you of the photographers work? My email is kmatthews@hcps.us
              I appreciate everyone's posts!!!

              #237 Bianca

              Bianca
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,057 posts

                Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by adnil
                Hey Bianca, just for comparasion purposes, I'm from Vancouver, Cda and we booked via Sunwing and paid $1651 incl tax (air, hotel & transfers) for just a reg ocean view room as they didn't offer the honeymoon one.
                Is that per person or per couple? If its per couple thats kick ass! In Canada don't you have too book packages tho and for full weeks?

                DE has not responded to my quote request yet...
                19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

                http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

                #238 RoryS

                RoryS
                • Jr. Member
                • 230 posts

                  Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

                  DE quoted me $587/pp for Marina view, including taxes & transfers (but it's not a private transfer). Airfare was different because I'm coming from NJ and my sister is coming from AZ. My airfare is $511, so total is $1098 for me, but this is for 5 nites.

                  #239 Bianca

                  Bianca
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,057 posts

                    Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RoryS
                    DE quoted me $587/pp for Marina view, including taxes & transfers (but it's not a private transfer). Airfare was different because I'm coming from NJ and my sister is coming from AZ. My airfare is $511, so total is $1098 for me, but this is for 5 nites.
                    Thats pretty comparable to DD. Its a little less, but wouldn't include transfers. Airfare is killer. Thats the part you have to keep up on if your booking yourself. It's always changing.
                    19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                    http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

                    http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

                    #240 lyales

                    lyales
                    • Newbie
                    • 26 posts

                      Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

                      Thanks for posting all of the pictures the resort looks great!!!! I can't wait to see more!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users