Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2381 nairay

nairay
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hi ladies,

I want to concur with tifuhhknee, my day was magical and everything went well, no major glitches, and my guests had a great time.  Will work on my review when we get back this weekend.  Nothing to worry about!

#2382 EstesGurl

EstesGurl
    • 20 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

We leave in 3 days!!! OMG im so ready :)

Question for you brides.. On the day of the wedding I really dont want my FH to see me at all.. He will be sleeping in another room the night before the wedding. Now since our wedding is 5pm.. Do any of you have suggestions on what to send the guys to do? All of us girls will be eating breakfast, hair, makeup, talking and of course a couple drinks.

We thought about sending them Marlin Fishing its from 9-1.. BUT... what if the boat breaks down or something? lol THen all my guys are stuck at sea.. Please advise what any of you ladies might have done or are planning on doing

Thanks so much

#2383 m&d2011

m&d2011
      • 379 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hi, I'm on the same boat with what to do on the wedding day. my ceremony is at 6pm, i'm thinking about sending the guys on a boat trip..where are you getting info...

#2384 Bianca87

Bianca87
        • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

our wedding is May 20 and we will be at the resort from the 17-24. will anyone else be there during this time? also to have the reception at el patio does anyone know if there is an extra charge. and we didnt hire a dj so what do we do about music. we have the ultimate package! thanks

bianca

#2385 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
          • 631 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:36 AM

Eek, they did NOT have a room available for Jason the night before, so we ended up both staying in our room. Hated to ask guests on vacation to swap out for a night. I'd recommend just doing room service for breakfast and then sneaking around. Have your BMs make sure he isn't lurking. Our wedding was at 5 but we had breakfast and lunch with everyone, got in the pool, went to the marina. At around 2 we went our separate ways and didn't see each other until the ceremony.

If they go fishing from 9-1 they may 1. break down, 2. get sunburnt, 3. be really tired. Maybe just have them golf or something?

Originally Posted by EstesGurl View Post

We leave in 3 days!!! OMG im so ready :)

Question for you brides.. On the day of the wedding I really dont want my FH to see me at all.. He will be sleeping in another room the night before the wedding. Now since our wedding is 5pm.. Do any of you have suggestions on what to send the guys to do? All of us girls will be eating breakfast, hair, makeup, talking and of course a couple drinks.

We thought about sending them Marlin Fishing its from 9-1.. BUT... what if the boat breaks down or something? lol THen all my guys are stuck at sea.. Please advise what any of you ladies might have done or are planning on doing

Thanks so much

Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
            At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
            25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#2386 EstesGurl

EstesGurl
            • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

Thanks so much for this info. Maybe we will just do something simular.. :) Im glad your wedding was perfect!! You have to post pics soon :) We leave in 2 days!!!

Originally Posted by Tifuhhknee 

Eek, they did NOT have a room available for Jason the night before, so we ended up both staying in our room. Hated to ask guests on vacation to swap out for a night. I'd recommend just doing room service for breakfast and then sneaking around. Have your BMs make sure he isn't lurking. Our wedding was at 5 but we had breakfast and lunch with everyone, got in the pool, went to the marina. At around 2 we went our separate ways and didn't see each other until the ceremony.

If they go fishing from 9-1 they may 1. break down, 2. get sunburnt, 3. be really tired. Maybe just have them golf or something?

#2387 Aistule

Aistule
              • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

@Tifuhhknee,

We are having our wedding in September at 5pm too. We wanted this to be a sunset wedding--was the sun already setting for yours? Also, how did you break up the evening?  We were thinking:

17:00-18:00 Wedding Ceremony
                18:00-19:00 Cocktail Hour
                19:00-22:00 Reception

It seems stretched out--would be interested in hearing on what worked for you!

After the reception is over, i want to take my guests to a pub/club/bar in Playa Del Carmen.  Anyone has any suggestions on a good location that is open late?

#2388 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
                • 631 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

The sun was not even near setting, however it was April. It did go down during our photo session at around 7. Our reception was back home this past Saturday, so our evening of the wedding went about like this:

4:45 groom to ceremony site

5:00 pm ceremony began (it literally was over by about 5:15 - 5:20)

5:20 toasted, cut cake, etc

5:30 we took family/group photos

our couple/TTD photos went on until about 7:20 after everyone went to get ready for dinner at 7:30

we ran to the room and changed, made it to Oceana by 7:40

Originally Posted by Aistule View Post

@Tifuhhknee,

We are having our wedding in September at 5pm too. We wanted this to be a sunset wedding--was the sun already setting for yours? Also, how did you break up the evening?  We were thinking:

17:00-18:00 Wedding Ceremony
                  18:00-19:00 Cocktail Hour
                  19:00-22:00 Reception

It seems stretched out--would be interested in hearing on what worked for you!

After the reception is over, i want to take my guests to a pub/club/bar in Playa Del Carmen.  Anyone has any suggestions on a good location that is open late?

Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
                  At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
                  25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#2389 Aistule

Aistule
                  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Awesome! Can't wait for a more detailed review.  Was the wedding coordinator there to tell you (and your groom) when to go down, etc?  Or do we have to plan that ourselves as well?  I don't want to be sitting in my room waiting or coming down before my groom does!

#2390 jessicap

jessicap
                    • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

Well, we're finally feeling the pressure! We leave for DPA 3 weeks from today, and it all kind of hit us yesterday. We've filled out our spreadsheet from Sandra, and are finally working out some of the details with her (like dinner plans, music, ceremony details, etc.). It seems so crazy to think that all of the planning we tried to do in advance has STILL led us to scrambling the last few weeks. 

We're getting married at home and having a symbolic ceremony in Mexico. We go to the courthouse this Thursday to file for our marriage license and will hopefully be married sometime next week or the week after. I go for my 3rd fitting this Saturday, and hopefully everything will be beautiful. I'll definitely post pictures when the dress is finished. 

I ordered my hair flowers from a GREAT shop on Etsy called Sand and Surf Creations. I wanted to have back-up synthetic flowers just in case it doesn't work out to use real flowers in my hair. I ordered 2 sets of 3 orchids: one set in white, and one in a great tropical orange. I plan on making my jewelry to match. At this point I'm thinking orange and turquoise, but I'll post pictures when it's all finished.

Here's a question about dinner plans though... Sandra said that if we wanted a dinner reservation (there are 14 of us), it had to be either when the restaurant first opened or at 9pm, otherwise we wouldn't be seated together. Does anyone have experience with this? When do the restaurants open? And she said that we could make the reservation one week in advance, but how do we do that? Does she do it for us?

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users