Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#191 AlliMay

AlliMay
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

RBB, you are seriously making me feel like a slacker! Good for you being so productive!! I'll be curious to see what the beach reception area looks like...

On another note, is everyone doing a ceremony rehearsal? If so, when? The day before or the morning of? I am not sure that we will need a rehearsal, but curious what the rest of you all think...Hmmm...

#192 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride
      Well, I heard back from Jacy, I still didn't get a specific quote on the entree selection. It looks like they don't want to quote a flat rate, she wanted to know which menu I wanted to chose from and which entrees I wanted to offer. So I told her the silver menu and that I wanted to offer the chicken and the steak entrees so she is going to let me know based on that. I finally nailed down a photographer, I am bringing a wonderful photographer from Texas. Jacy confirmed that as long as she is booked as a guest there will be nothing else required. I just have to find out if the Mexican government requires anything. And...I also got it in writing that since I have my own photographer, they will supply videography for me in place of the photography offered in the package. So...all good news. I am just waiting for the specific cost of the meals and I asked her to send me a picture of the beach reception area. I'll keep you all posted.
      I am doing the Silver menu with the beef and chicken also... I need to get back to Jacy about that! I already booked my photographer and I believe the Ultimate package comes with a videographer. It would be great if they could give me more with with the videographer since I won't be using the resort photographer or maybe I will use the resort photographer for the welcome dinner or something. Maybe I will just do the Dreams of Love (middle package?) instead... I do want that Mexican Trio tho!!!
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#193 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
      • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bianca
        I am doing the Silver menu with the beef and chicken also... I need to get back to Jacy about that! I already booked my photographer and I believe the Ultimate package comes with a videographer. It would be great if they could give me more with with the videographer since I won't be using the resort photographer or maybe I will use the resort photographer for the welcome dinner or something. Maybe I will just do the Dreams of Love (middle package?) instead... I do want that Mexican Trio tho!!!
        I decided on the Dreams of Love since Natalia told me I could not use the Silver Menu with the Ultimate Package, but Jacy seems a willing to allow moderate substitutions. The music aspect of the package doesn't much matter to me and I didn't feel like I would be losing out on much by just going with the middle package. How much is it to just add the trio if you decide to go with the Dreams of Love? I am going to pay the $150 for the sound system and just bring my I-pod with playlists. I am just happy that they are allowing the videography substitution. Make sure you ask Jacy about the use of the photography, Natalia had told me that the photography could be used on the wedding day only..maybe Jacy will be more accomodating.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AlliMay
        RBB, you are seriously making me feel like a slacker! Good for you being so productive!! I'll be curious to see what the beach reception area looks like...

On another note, is everyone doing a ceremony rehearsal? If so, when? The day before or the morning of? I am not sure that we will need a rehearsal, but curious what the rest of you all think...Hmmm...
        I decided that it time to start being productive, I feel like I have slacked till this point. I know a lot can be done once I am down there but I want to have as much worked out in advance and have everything in writing from them.

At this point, I don't think we are doing a rehearsal. As of right now, we don't have a wedding party, its just going to be my dad walking me down the aisle, other than that its just us and we should be able to figure it out without a rehearsal. But that reminds me, I have to write to Jacy about customizing the ceremony, I had a slow day at work one day and wrote a whole ceremony so I want to make sure I can use it.

#194 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

RBB--- are you just doing a symbolic ceremony? If so there shouldn't be any issues with your ceremony since it will probably be Jacy or Natalia reading it anyways. Another plus to the Ultimate package is those spa treatments it includes. Here are the prices for the entertainment on the Dreams website. I didnt check if it was the same on the guide thingy...

Music:

* DJ……………………………… usd $150.00 per/hr
          * Live Music Band……………… usd $500.00
          * Caribbean Trio………………… usd $350.00
          * Guitarist……………………… usd $250.00
          * Violinist……………………… usd $350.00
          * Mariachi Band………………… usd $500.00

This is in the guide...
          Music **(Prices plus 10% tax)
          Sound System equipment---150
          Dj services (per hour)---150
          Live Music Band (45 minutes)---700
          Caribbean Trio (45 minutes)---450
          Guitarist (45 minutes)---300
          Violinist (45 minutes)---450
          Mariachi band (45 minutes)---700
          ***These prices are per one set of 45 minutes
          *All the prices are subject to change without previous notice

I'm assuming the Mexican Trio is the Caribbean Trio??

#195 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
          • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

I am doing a symbolic ceremony, but like all other things, I just want to have in writing that I can use my own so there are no surprises when I get down there.

The Mexican Trio and the Caribbean Trio are the same, I read that in someone's review of another Dreams resort. You just have to let the WC know which you want them to "be" on your day.

#196 Bianca

Bianca
            • 1,057 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

Actually I just remembered that in the wedding guide it says that you can make changes to the (symbolic) ceremony as you wish.

#197 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
              • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Bianca
                Actually I just remembered that in the wedding guide it says that you can make changes to the (symbolic) ceremony as you wish.
                Guess I missed that part

#198 lyales

lyales
                • 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

AliMay-
                  Eric and will be having a brief rehersal Friday morning prior to our excursion. We do have a wedding party, and we just want to make sure everyone knows what their doing. It will be brief and to the point.

One of my friends was married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta last year around this time and she told me to tell all of you not to stress!! She wishes she wouldn't of once she got there her wc had all of her emails and they got everything all straightened out. She also said they were very accomodating with making changes to the package. Her suggestion was to make sure you keep every email you have with the wc and bring it with you. Let me know if you have any questions!

#199 AlliMay

AlliMay
                  • 71 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the info. lyales! We are having a wedding party as well and trying to decide if we want to do an actual rehearsal or just include the wedding party during our meeting with the WC when we get down there. My TA is contacting Jacy to see if it is possible to a meeting rather than an actual rehearsal in the gazebo...

Also thanks for sharing your friend's insight! That is reassuring!

#200 AlliMay

AlliMay
                    • 71 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

Just FYI, ladies...My TA is in the process of scheduling a rehearsal for us for the afternoon before our wedding.

Jacy told my TA that since we were having a wedding party (a small one) and readings, that we should do a 10-15 minute rehearsal so everyone knows what to do. Not sure where this will be, but it does sound like a good idea after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users