Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1821 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jac28
    helllllo everyone.
    i havent been on in a while but ive been creepin. haha.
    i do have a question maybe someone could help me with..... if you do the ceremony on the beach, do they have any decorations like an arch or anything?
    They do have an arch. I'll dig up the e-mail with the info to share, it is on the pricey side. IF I decide I want one, Hobby Lobby sells them for about $30 so it would be worth bringing my own stuff to hang on it and packing one in the suitcase. Think we are opting for us just standing on the beach though. Anywho, since you asked..

Per Sandra..
    What is the price to add an arch with minimal decorations such as fabric to a beach ceremony?
    Now the price of the arch with the minimum of flowers is $600.00 usd consider 15% more (taxes) approximately for 2011
    Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
    At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
    25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#1822 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
    • 266 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Ya the arch is a ridiculous charge in my opinion.

Meghan a party hopper is essentially a pub crawl lol. Party hopper is just there terms and Carlos and Charlies and Coco Bongo's are two fabulous bars in playa. So you basically get on a bus at 9:00 at night from your resort and go to three or four bars and you get drink tickets for each place etc. The cost down there I believe my brother said is around 75 CND per person. He's been to one before and highly recommends it. I am hoping to do it but we will see how the kids etc are and whatnot.

#1823 echo2_62

echo2_62
      • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

Oh that's so awesome!!! I'd love to do a pub crawl Mexican style!! And our friends are totally the type to go as well so maybe we can convince everyone on that idea. Do you have more information that you could pass along for me? Like who to contact for booking, if it's better to do it all ahead of time or just wait until we get down there?

I definitely will have to run this by FI tonight and see what he says :)

#1824 bridej9

bridej9
        • 180 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:02 PM

I finally made it to junior member! Woohooo! Can't wait to open documents!!!

#1825 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
          • 266 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

Cheaper to book once you get there is what my brother told me. Although I see online bookings from 65 us a person without travel. Not going to book it till we get there anyways. Was thinking of maybe Friday night after the mardi gras thing on the beach. Either that or Saturday.

Couple of links I found for you

http://partyhopperto....rty_hopper.htm

http://www.sunexcurs....aya-Del-Carmen

#1826 echo2_62

echo2_62
            • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hhhmmmmm.... well if you're planning on it for your trip then I'll definitely wait and see what kind of deals you get by booking once you're there. I'm sure no one with us would have an issue getting a cab on their own anyways since it's questionable if we'd even last until 3am when the buses are there to take you back to the resort!! Thanks for the links though - this has me so excited!!!

#1827 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
              • 266 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:14 PM

Haha your welcome. Coco Bongo's is actually open to six am but you have to pay for your drinks after 3am. But for 65 dollars I mean there's your booze in there so basically you get no line/cover and a seated area. I dont think they realize how much Alberta boys lol ok and girls can drink.

#1828 echo2_62

echo2_62
                • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

HAHAHA!!! Yah I can't complain at spending $65 for the night at all!! And seeing as some of our friends paid $150 each at new years for a buffet dinner and drinks, I'm sure they'll spring for this one!!! SWEEEEEET!!!

I think part of the reason I'm so excited is because our last trip to MX (it was my first vacation) we didn't go to any bars or anything and our resort didn't have a club really for night entertainment. This will be entirely new for me and I've heard a lot of great stories from other friends.

DAMN IT - WHY DO I STILL HAVE TWO MONTHS TO WAIT?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

#1829 nbills511

nbills511
                  • 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for the information on your reception sites ladies! Kind of stinks you have to wait to find out about el patio until 2 weeks before

I'm glad somone posted the link to the party hopper site.....we definitely want to do something like that with our friends and family....and that seems like a great deal!!!

#1830 2010wedding

2010wedding
                    • 203 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bridej9
                      I finally made it to junior member! Woohooo! Can't wait to open documents!!!
                      Congrats!!! Its a big deal I know!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users