Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1791 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hey Janna,

Do you have any kids travelling with your party?

#1792 Jen2011

Jen2011
    • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hey thanks! :) He is looking at Tommy Bahama clothes, he wants to be beachy and casual. Where is everyone thinking of having their reception?! Anybody have info. on El Patio? Congrats!!! You are sooo close!! Bet you are very excited

#1793 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
      • 266 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

My fiance is wearing Tommy Bahama's too but we had such a hard time finding it cheap here. At the retail stores the shirts were 138.00 and the pants were 160. Yikes.

I am planning on having my reception on the beach. I think. I am not sure how it works for receptions with the restaurants. I think you can only have them there free if the hotel is under a certain capacity otherwise there is a fee. So weather permitting we will be having ours on the beach. yes it is close, I have been emailing the resort this morning with questions and doing dry runs on the packing lol. Finishing off my welcome letter and going to put together the OH SHIT hangover kits lol and whatnot. I love these forums and another BDW bride is getting married two days later and flys out the same time so cant wait to meet her. Shout out to Janna hehe.

Its super close. I cant wait.

#1794 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
        • 631 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nbills511
          We are doing a symbolic ceremony...so it will definitely be short. I didn't even think about having some people stand...I think that would definitely work. Thanks for the suggestion!
          My aunt suggested a standing aisle (but in the gazebo.. this probably won't work). At a beach wedding she attended, they only had chairs for the parents and grandparents because it was only about 20 min long. Since everyone was standing, they made an "aisle" for the bride to walk down out of people. She said it was really neat.
          Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
          At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
          25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#1795 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
          • 2,754 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mwcfarms
            Hey ladies which bar and which restaurant are adult only. I am trying to find it online and cant. Thought maybe someone could point me in right direction. Thanks.
            Oceana is the only restaurant that doesn't allow kids because it's on the adult side of the resort.

Welcome to the recent DPA brides who joined!

#1796 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
            • 266 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

Lol for some reason my computer has highlighted only in every post in red. Very annoying how did this happen and thanks for the answer Ginalynn. Im doing up welcome letters and wanted to make sure all could come.

#1797 badrianne

badrianne
              • 252 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

Hi Jen2011! Welcome! Check out the planning threads for ideas of projects to work on. There are save the dates, invites, prewedding info, out of town bags, bridesmaid's gifts, decorations and many more ideas on the planning threads.
                61 guest booked+ bride and groom

Click for planning tread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-58636/
                Click for my wedding review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras http://bestdestinati....9/#post1311321
                check out my photos http://www.photograp.../JOSH-ADRIANNE/

#1798 2010wedding

2010wedding
                • 203 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

Quote:
                  Hey Janna,

Do you have any kids travelling with your party?
                  Hiya Dee-
                  I do. My niece Sophie who is 1 1/2. My FI's sister lives in the UK so they are coming from there. Anything I can help with?

#1799 2010wedding

2010wedding
                  • 203 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:47 AM

Quote:
                    My fiance is wearing Tommy Bahama's too but we had such a hard time finding it cheap here. At the retail stores the shirts were 138.00 and the pants were 160. Yikes.

I am planning on having my reception on the beach. I think. I am not sure how it works for receptions with the restaurants. I think you can only have them there free if the hotel is under a certain capacity otherwise there is a fee. So weather permitting we will be having ours on the beach. yes it is close, I have been emailing the resort this morning with questions and doing dry runs on the packing lol. Finishing off my welcome letter and going to put together the OH SHIT hangover kits lol and whatnot. I love these forums and another BDW bride is getting married two days later and flys out the same time so cant wait to meet her. Shout out to Janna hehe.

Its super close. I cant wait.
                    I can't wait to meet you too Dee!!! And your honey too!!! 1 WEEK today and we leave!!!!

#1800 2010wedding

2010wedding
                    • 203 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jen2011
                      Hi girls! I wanted to introduce myself to all of you. My name is Jen and I am from NJ. I am officially a DPA bride!!!!! We are getting married January 14, 2011. :)

I feel alittle overwhelmed because I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. I have my dress. My bridesmaids have their dresses too, but I feel like I should be doing something more...
                      Welcome Jen!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users