Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1601 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tifuhhknee
    Thanks for the peace of mind! My mom just keeps saying "those Mexicans just want our money!" It's a joke, she's isn't racist, just being funny. I remind her the wedding ceremony package will be "complimentary" so of course we would get charged for chairs. Just to get the little arch thing with "basic decorations" for the beach ceremony would be about $700. I am opting for no arch because I can't get my head around that.

I have no idea how someone else would already have the same date as me. I replied to her email and made sure to write 2011 like that to be sure she got my year right!! HAHA.
    Hehe probably a good idea to have it in bold just in case. If you were getting married this april, I'd just be leaving the day you were getting married. But I'm sure by next year you'll have a couple gals from this site there at the same time!!

And I agree with you that I'm not able to get my head wrapped around $$ like that for such simple setups and decorations. I know it's a service thing, but I'd find some way to construct my own arch for that price!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by badrianne

Ginalynn, Thanks for the heads up about the pesos!
    Agreed!!! I'm starting to worry that I haven't at all been keeping track of the extra costs for things that I maybe have forgotten about! We haven't asked too much along the way so far though so maybe I'm just imagining a huge scary bill that won't actually be received!

#1602 bridej9

bridej9
    • 180 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

I really didn't know the difference between the caribbean trio and the mariachi trio. Jaci gave me this link to check out the caribbean trio.
      YouTube - trio clasicos *

#1603 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
      • 266 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rainfall
        Hey Ginalyn,

Im looking at your pictures again and i forgot how beautiful you look!
        I noticed that you had the mexican band that probably came with the ultimate package that you got. (Im going with the same thing).

Im wondering if they play the music for the entire ceremony, meaning the prelude, prcessoional and recessional? Did you have the option or you just chose your own? cause i remember you said that they had played the wrong order of the songs.

If anyone has any info much appreciated!

I leave in 1 week! AHH
        Wow, I can not imagine your excitment levels at this time. Im 39 days away from leaving and I have a bajillion things to do still. Hope you have the most fabulous day you could have dreamed of. Cant wait to hear all about it when you get back.

#1604 bridej9

bridej9
        • 180 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Jaci told me that most brides have the trio play during the cocktail hour. I think that is what we're doing. iPod for ceremony, trio for cocktail hour, iPod for reception. Now I just have to convince the hotel not to charge for the speaker system, I figured other brides did I should be able to! Lol

#1605 bridej9

bridej9
          • 180 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ginalyn
            I'm not sure exactly why they aren't able to reserve El Patio, but my guess is that it's because by then they'd have a good idea as to whether or not there will be alot of guests at the resort. If there are alot of guests at the resort, then they probably won't be willing down to close the restaurant for a reception, because they'll need to make sure they have enough restaurants open to accomodate all the guests.

As far as food we had the tortilla soup, mixed green salad, shrimp in puff pastry, surf and turf, and tiramisu. Our guests loved everything. My favorite was probably the shrimp in puff pastry. I didn't care much for the tiramisu. I only asked them to bring out one per table since the wedding cake was our real dessert.
            I asked Jaci instead of having a dessert (because we'll have a wedding cake) could we have a second appetizer and she said that was fine. She seems really flexible with switching this for that, thus far.

I was also wondering about El Patio for a group dinner I was told the only restaurant that they could offer for groups over 15 is the buffet restaurant and you have to get there at opening time to reserve... Has anyone with a group reserved El Patio before? I thought in previous forums searches brides had!

#1606 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
            • 631 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by echo2_62
              And I agree with you that I'm not able to get my head wrapped around $$ like that for such simple setups and decorations. I know it's a service thing, but I'd find some way to construct my own arch for that price!!!!
              Last night while browsing Hobby Lobby, I saw a "wedding arch" that was a metal one you put together for $30. It was all boxed up. If I decide I want an arch, it would be waaaay better cost-wise to pack that and some fabric to hang on it in a suitcase, PAY for the suitcase, and bring it all back home. If it ends up being something I have to have, that's what we will do. :o)
              Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
              At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
              25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#1607 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

Yah if you don't mind the extra stuff to take down with you then that's totally great that you have an option! And then you know for sure it would look exactly the way that you want it to!

#1608 2010wedding

2010wedding
                • 203 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by bridej9
                  I really didn't know the difference between the caribbean trio and the mariachi trio. Jaci gave me this link to check out the caribbean trio.
                  YouTube - trio clasicos *
                  Thanks for this...I didn't either!!

#1609 2010wedding

2010wedding
                  • 203 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mwcfarms
                    Wow, I can not imagine your excitment levels at this time. Im 39 days away from leaving and I have a bajillion things to do still. Hope you have the most fabulous day you could have dreamed of. Cant wait to hear all about it when you get back.
                    Dee-
                    I think we leave the same day...the 21st?

Congrats Rainfall!!

#1610 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                    • 266 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 2010wedding
                      Dee-
                      I think we leave the same day...the 21st?

Congrats Rainfall!!
                      Haha yes we sure do girl. I am trying not to panic and make lists so I am somewhat organized. Im flying Air Canada. What about you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users