Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1491 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by badrianne
    I remember a bride saying she had her reception at Portofino. Now I can't find her post. Does anyone remember who it was?
    Thanks in advance
    I don't remember anyone who had a reception at Portofino While it was air conditioned it is smaller in the inside, so if you have a bigger party it might be difficult to manage. You'd probably only be able to have dinner in there...not much room for dancing.

#1492 MonicaC

• 56 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

Adrienne -- FYI that you will not get an answer on using a restaurant until the resorts determines the capacity that they are booked. I am not sure what happened to the tthread, but I just started getting emails from it again! We had reception room (see photo)...you can control the temp to your suiting, and it is very private. OUr weding was June and it was hot..but it was the humidity hat was a killer! We had the rehersal dinner, ceremony an cocktail outside, so I did not feel ad having the reception inside!

#1493 MonicaC

• 56 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Yes -- Amy, you can arrange snorkeling through the resort or the marina in PV.
        My pics are about to expire...feel free to look!
        Collages.net Home
        User: Arbogast
        Pswd: 8273

#1494 AmyW

• 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:56 PM

Thanks MonicaC!! That company looks great, and its super close to the hotel. That's probably what we'll go with - thanks for the info!

#1495 echo2_62

• 1,049 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for posting that link Monica! We'd been trying to figure out what kind of day tour to do with our group, but because we have grandparents to include, our options were seeming more and more limited. If I can convince FI to get out on the boat for the morning, then this just might work for us!!

#1496 echo2_62

• 1,049 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

LOL, and wouldn't you know it but FI is the one who doesn't want to go on the catamaran. I give up trying to plan group events!!!

#1497 aug0208

• 69 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hi ladies!!

We're back and married!! We arrived at DPA November 1st, we got married on the 6th and then switched resorts for our honeymoon and stayed another week. Let me reassure you that everything will work out perfectly! Jacy is on top of everything. I thought I was organized until she pulled out her binder of with my info and requests!! :)
                The only downfall was the weather. It poured on our wedding day. We actually just missed Hurricane Ida. We ended up having the ceremony at El Patio (Mexican restaurant), but we were able to haev photos outside. We also did the cocktail hour outside since the weather cleared up a bit. We had the reception inside and then we went to Desires (disco bar) afterwards.
                If you have any questions, just let me know!!!

Happy Planning!!

#1498 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

Congrats aug0208!!! Sorry to hear about the weather, but hey, you are a Mrs!!!

#1499 marryinghimagain

• 479 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

Congratulations aug0208!! It doesn't matter, inside or out DPA is a gorgeous resort. Glad to hear that despite the weather, it all worked out. Best wishes to you and your DH!

#1500 echo2_62

• 1,049 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

YAAYY for being a MRS. Aug0208!!! I'm so very envious! You mentioned going to the disco bar later on... was it good? Did you have music that you asked the dj to play for your group at all? We weren't planning on having any dancing for our actual reception and just wanted to go to the disco so I'd love to hear any input you have!!

Are the pictures coming soon too?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users