Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1411 aug0208

aug0208
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marryinghimagain
    You are very welcome. I'm glad that I could help put your mind at ease. It will be wonderful for you! I look forward to hearing about it, when you get back. Hope your day is everything you dream!

One little note that may help a future DW bride.... I did not bring my beautiful bouquet home b/c I was told you could not bring it back through customs. That is not true! I asked when we were going through customs on the way home. I was told that I could indeed have brought it back home. It "cannot grow nor does it have seeds". He said if I had a problem, all I needed to have done was ask for a supervisor. It is permitted to bring a fresh flower wedding bouquet back into the USA.
    Good to know-thank you for the insight!

#1412 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
    • 479 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

Everyone has asked for some pics. Here is a link with some pictures from our Vow Renewal at DPA.

Pictures by daveliz35 - Photobucket

#1413 echo2_62

echo2_62
      • 1,049 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

oh I can't wait to look at your pictures after work tonight! Unfrotunately my work computer blocks photobucket but I bet they're just beautiful!

#1414 aug0208

aug0208
        • 69 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

Is there a way to make the photos bigger? They are super small and I hit the "fullscreen' button, but they are still super small. Thank you for sharing by the way!!!

#1415 chirorach

chirorach
          • 200 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

i am not able to get any of the dates i was looking for at DRC so now i may become a DPA bride! i was curious what day of the week you guys decided to hold the ceremony and how long most guests stayed? i was hoping to do a fri or sat night wedding so people could come wed/thurs through sunday... but it seems like those are the most popular nights.

thanks for any input! happy planning!

--rachael

#1416 echo2_62

echo2_62
            • 1,049 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Hey Rachel! Welcome to our group!

My wedding is on a Friday afternoon (at 3pm, the evening times were not available) and our guests are arriving either the Sunday or Monday and staying for the week. I don't think I looked for any packages that were shorter than that, but I know that FI and I have a ten day package so that we have a few days on our own.

You're right that the Friday times book up quickly although I've never really asked about the Saturday ones. If you're a little bit flexible then you still might have a chance to get what you want! I guess it just depends if you're set on specific dates. I would just contact the Wedding Coordinators (WC's) at DPA with the dates you're looking at and see what they come up with! Good luck and ask if you have any other questions!

#1417 aug0208

aug0208
              • 69 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hi!

Our wedding is on a Friday. We are flying in the Sunday before....we have guests who start arriving Tuesday, with the last one arriving early Friday morning. For the most part everyone is leaving Sunday...there are three families and one couple who extended, but everyone else leaves Sunday.
                Let us know if we can help w/ questions!!

#1418 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                • 2,754 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by aug0208
                  For those of you who have already gotten married at DPA, do they have table number holders (usually they are plain and silver) to use? We are having a horrible time finding these...and if they already have them I'll stop looking.

TIA!!!!
                  Wow, so much going on in this thread...I have been so busy I have been missing out! I'm not sure if they have them...I made my own table numbers out of paper and cardstock.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by marryinghimagain
                  Everyone has asked for some pics. Here is a link with some pictures from our Vow Renewal at DPA.

i was curious what day of the week you guys decided to hold the ceremony and how long most guests stayed?
                  My wedding was on a Thursday. Most guests arrived on Wednesday and left on Saturday or Sunday.

#1419 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                  • 266 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

MInes on a thursday. Not sure why we picked that day. We leave on the sunday prior and everyone is travelling together. Should be fun. Plus we are staying for another nine days after.

Attached Files

#1420 aug0208

aug0208
                    • 69 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Ginalyn;1040281]Wow, so much going on in this thread...I have been so busy I have been missing out! I'm not sure if they have them...I made my own table numbers out of paper and cardstock.

Oh sorry....I am talking a/b the silver stands that hold the cardstock. :)
                      Jacy is checking on it....so fingers crossed they have them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users