Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1351 badrianne

badrianne
  • Jr. Member
  • 252 posts

    Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

    Aug,
    I'm excited and nervous for you. It's going to be amazing, I'm sure. One tip I read from a destination bride was to provide everyone with a schedule of where the bride and groom will be throughout the weekend. For example, which restaurant you'll be eating at or bar you will be lounging at. Because then they have the choice to hang out or not and the bride and groom don't have to try and spread their time equally because the guests will find you.

    Also, if any guests are unhappy w/ accommadations/etc even though you'll probably feel responsible, DON'T. Have one of your bridal party/parents help or refer to general manager etc. You don't need that stress.

    Good luck w/ everything. Can't wait for the pictures.
    61 guest booked+ bride and groom

    Click for planning tread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-58636/
    Click for my wedding review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras http://bestdestinati....9/#post1311321
    check out my photos http://www.photograp.../JOSH-ADRIANNE/

    #1352 Ginalyn

    Ginalyn
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,754 posts

      Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by aug0208
      For those of you who already got married at DPA, did you take anything for the reception as far as decorations go?! I asked this probably 8 or 9 months ago but since we've had lots of ladies get married since then I thought I would ask again....
      Also, any advice? We have 65 people coming and I am starting to get a bit nervous...I feel like all of our family/friends' vacation is in our hands!! I know it's technically not, but I want to make sure everything runs smoothly! I just emailed Jacy a ton of questions!! Hope to hear back from her very soon...thanks for listening!!
      I brought chair sashes, table overlays, centerpieces, menus for the reception. I also purchased maracas in Playa del Carmen as favors. Sandra took care of setting everything up for me.

      Don't be nervous! Everything is going to be amazing. I was totally nervous but once I stepped foot at the resort I went into total vacation mode. The resort is small enough that you will run into your guests left and right. Don't feel bad if you don't get to hang out with everyone...if you do it will just stress you out because you're going to be calculating how much time you spent with so-and-so versus so-and-so and you probably won't enjoy your vacation. Most of the couples that were guests at our wedding wanted to have their own alone time and also give DH and I our alone time.

      #1353 aug0208

      aug0208
      • Newbie
      • 69 posts

        Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ginalyn
        I brought chair sashes, table overlays, centerpieces, menus for the reception. I also purchased maracas in Playa del Carmen as favors. Sandra took care of setting everything up for me.

        Don't be nervous! Everything is going to be amazing. I was totally nervous but once I stepped foot at the resort I went into total vacation mode. The resort is small enough that you will run into your guests left and right. Don't feel bad if you don't get to hang out with everyone...if you do it will just stress you out because you're going to be calculating how much time you spent with so-and-so versus so-and-so and you probably won't enjoy your vacation. Most of the couples that were guests at our wedding wanted to have their own alone time and also give DH and I our alone time.
        Hi there!
        Did they have options available already there for centerpieces, chair sashes and overlays and you chose to bring your own or if I don't bring my own am I screwed? Sorry, I emailed Jacy this weekend about this too, but I haven't heard from her yet...that makes sense to a/b spending time with people. I need to keep reminding myself of these things!! =)
        Thanks again!

        #1354 Ginalyn

        Ginalyn
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,754 posts

          Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by aug0208
          Did they have options available already there for centerpieces, chair sashes and overlays and you chose to bring your own or if I don't bring my own am I screwed?
          I think they do have options for centerpieces and other decorations listed on their website or the wedding pricing list. It was more cheaper for me to bring my own decorations than to use the resort's so that's why I brought my own.

          #1355 marryinghimagain

          marryinghimagain
          • Jr. Member
          • 479 posts

            Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

            YAY! I LEAVE TOMORROW!
            I wanted to thank everyone on the BDW forum who has been so helpful in my planning process. I have gotten so many ideas and helpful information from you all! I am taking my laptop and will post occasionally from DPA. If there is anything I can check in to or find out for anyone, let me know and I will do my best.
            I will post a full review when I get back. Thanks again.....can't believe it is finally time! YAY! I am so excited!!!

            #1356 echo2_62

            echo2_62
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,049 posts

              Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

              WWOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

              Congrats and have a WONDERFUL time!!!

              #1357 mwcfarms

              mwcfarms
              • Jr. Member
              • 266 posts

                Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

                Congrats and have a most wonderful time.

                #1358 aug0208

                aug0208
                • Newbie
                • 69 posts

                  Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ginalyn
                  I think they do have options for centerpieces and other decorations listed on their website or the wedding pricing list. It was more cheaper for me to bring my own decorations than to use the resort's so that's why I brought my own.
                  Thank you so much! I'm starting to look into centerpieces I can take with me as well. :)

                  #1359 aug0208

                  aug0208
                  • Newbie
                  • 69 posts

                    Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

                    YAY!! Have the best time ever!!

                    #1360 2010wedding

                    2010wedding
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 203 posts

                      Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

                      Have the best time and congrats!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users