Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#1291 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

Well it's not that we can't really afford the photography, its more that FI is a bit (or a lot) tight with his money and in his head he can't justify the money for what he thinks is only a few hours of work. He doesn't sem to realize all the additional work that goes into the photos aside from just click-click-click...

Ginalyn, I realized that I wanted our pics in nearly the same way! I initially thought I was okay without them but as I see more and more I have realized that I do want them. And it's been my one real request for the wedding all the way through. I'm not even worried about getting pictures from our ceremony so much as the ones of just the two of us in a TTD-type session. I just want to go book it myself because it causes arguements between us when we do get talkng about it (FI is just as opinionated and stubborn as I am, haha!) but I'd still feel bad if he wasn't quite comfortable with it.

But you can't believe how excited I was to hear that the photographers I want are available to do our session (moments that matter)!!!!!!

#1292 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
    • 266 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

Omg they were my first choice but they were booked. Lucky gal book em book em. I think that other than the dress the photos are the next most important thing. Good luck choosing. I thought I had decided and was about to put my deposit down with Sascha Gluck but then my 2nd choice photographer emailed me and said she will eat the hotel cost. So I would get more with her package for the same price. Oh what to do.

#1293 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
      • 266 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:01 PM

This is what I would get from Sascha for 2100

6 hours of photographer
        4 for wedding day 2 for TTD each hour gives about 40 editted pictures per hour
        cd with all the edit'ed pictured and prints of all said pictures
        hotel room at the hotel for the day of wedding
        online slideshow only

My other choice is 2050 from Photosmile Studio out of Cancun

4 Hours photo's wedding day
        CD with all the photos taken including the advaced photo editting
        CD copies for our parents
        slideshow with music
        1 hard cover book 8 x 10 - 20 pages
        1 hard cover book 5x8 or 7 x 7 in color or black n white
        60 4 x 6 prints
        1 set of proof sheets
        web gallery for friends
        delivery of 3 days after the wedding except for the books
        Trash the Dress session 1 hour

Help lol

#1294 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
        • 266 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

Although layed out like that its not too hard lol. This is the second photos link

Cancun Photographers Photosmile Professional

Sascha's

Wedding Photographer Sascha Gluck for Cancun and the Riviera Maya, Mexico

#1295 echo2_62

echo2_62
          • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Dee, you said it best that once your packages are laid out it does seem kind of obvious which is the better choice on paper. But even with that aside, if the Photsmile package was your second choice (and sorry that Moments was booked for you!) then why settle for a choice that was further down the list?? I mean, if the price difference was significant then maybe it would be a bigger decision, but for $50 difference - go with the highest on the list!!! You're lucky that the photographer is willing to cover the hotel cost as well!

When I called DPA the other day to get a quote for a room price, they said I wasn't able to book only one night, that it would have to be two So I have emailed Jacy to ask her what the deal is with that. Now it's just the waiting game to see what she says. If that is the case, I'm totally just booking the resort photographer for the ceremony and then buying day passes for our own photographers. What a hassle!!

#1296 Rainfall

Rainfall
            • 165 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

echo2_62

My travel agent booked one room for me for my photographer. I am not sure how she got around it but it came to $415 for 2 people. SO I know you can do it!

#1297 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Rainfall
                echo2_62

My travel agent booked one room for me for my photographer. I am not sure how she got around it but it came to $415 for 2 people. SO I know you can do it!
                Hmmm, that might be an option for me! Who is your TA?

#1298 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                • 266 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

I called Dreams directly their 1800 number of of the resort page and I got 330 dollars for single occupancy for one night. But I am going to go with Photosmile. The woman is just so wonderful to work with plus I get more for the same price. I think its a good choice and now one less worry plus she will handle all the hotel details now. Yay.

#1299 echo2_62

echo2_62
                  • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mwcfarms
                    I called Dreams directly their 1800 number of of the resort page and I got 330 dollars for single occupancy for one night.
                    That's the same number I called too Is your wedding on a weekday? I'm wondering if I was told two nights because mine is on a Friday? Some places want to make sure you book the whole weekend because otherwise they might not book the room on just a saturday night - apparently. I didn't have any luck trying to book online for one night either... boo.

#1300 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
                    • 266 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

Ya we are getting married on a Thursday so that could be it. I dont think they care whether it was single occ or double. Try again lol. Good luck hon talk to you guys soon. Has anyone been having surfing time outs on site lately my luck has been horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users